What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    55 minutes of Steady State cardio again. 30 minutes on the rower (but man, I wish it would cool off! 92 yesterday and 90 today! Both record highs again). Then 25 on the Assault Bike. All under 70% max HR.
  • mytyglotz
    mytyglotz Posts: 1,804 Member
    Wednesday morning wiggles (workout):
    Team Body Project's newer "Totally Totally"
    followed by a slightly less rapid mile around the block (about 13 minutes on the dot today....maybe the ankle weights slowed me down? :P )
    ....then hopped straight onto Zoom to begin classes! (I felt kind of silly with my ear warmers and coat still on, but, hey -- I needed to get at least a little walking in!!)
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,724 Member
    Deferred to late morning start (because 24 degrees F (-4.4C) is too cold for safety IMO), but was able to get a row in, in the double. Very light South wind, atypical midday this time of year, sunny, temp up in mid-30s to low 40s, and truly beautiful. My Garmin lost its mind somewhere during the row, so I don't have stats 🙄), but we did some extra distance so it has to have been at least 10k.

I've been slacking off workouts, between my usual late-Fall grumpitude/denial of the end of on-water season, and a disruption for cataract surgery on the 2nd eye (first was in 2016!). The *required* surgical disruption was short, but I let it put me off track for a while. Indoor rowing will get rolling again soon . . . I go through this nonsense with my own psychology every year, have for 15+ years now, and it always ends up fine. Pretty sure it'll be fine this year, too. 😉😆
  • JDMac82
    JDMac82 Posts: 3,192 Member
    100 Fwd Jump Rope
    500 Meter Row
    Box Jumps
    Stair Circuit (every/other/left/right/hop)
    Bball Court down & back for the following
    High Knees
    Butt Kickers
    Laterals
    Build up Sprints
    Tire Drag
    Jog
    Tire Flip
    Jog
    Stair Circuit
    50 Criss Cross Jump Rope
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,249 Member
    30 min on the bike trainer & 5,000m indoor rowing
  • MikePfirrman
    edited November 2020
    40 minute row today and then 15 on the Assault Bike. Longest row since getting back on the rower. Very slow, all of it -- steady state work between 65% and 70% max HR. Real low DF still to keep the back from hurting. 88 degrees outside again. I like rowing when it's like high 60s best. Supposed to have that be middle of next week.
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    I ran my mouth all over the place. I'm taking it back outside and I'm going to jump rope for awhile.
  • AnnPT77
    Took a walk, 4.11mi in 1:00:19. Not sure, think this might be the first time I've averaged over 4mph since sometime last Fall? I try to titrate walking dosage carefully when it comes to optional exercise walks. Too much, and the bad knees pay for it. Too little, and I don't keep enough walking-specific conditioning to enjoy the occasional long walk with purpose (talking special scenic walks, art fairs or music festivals, etc.).
  • lgfrie
    lgfrie Posts: 1,449 Member
    xc2te18byn85.jpg
  • mytyglotz
    edited November 2020
    Another morning with Team Body Project:
    • "Totally Totally" -- second day in a row!! Momma joined me for part of the session. :)
    I plan to do "Totally Triple" (the latest workout) tomorrow morning.
  • ZDub84
    ZDub84 Posts: 5 Member
    edited November 2020
    Deadlift(standard/sumo/straight leg) 6 sets each super set(always) with some core work. Followed by an hour hike.
  • MikePfirrman
    edited November 2020
    Hardest (machine) row, by far, in a while. Did 4 X 8 minutes w/ 2 rest. Slow as anything, but I had three goals -- just do it all on the rower, get through it without quitting and hit 90% of max HR on each set. Hit my goals. 2:10 pace on first one, 2:14 on second, then 2:19 on 3rd (fell off a cliff a bit) and 2:20 on last. All 27 SR w/ really low DF (around 65/70). Still babying the back and just making sure I build up slowly.

Didn't help it was around 83 or 84 degrees at lunch. Another hot one.

Half way through my 100 pushups, 100 pressups, and 64 weighted squats or deadlifts (really lighter weights for now, like 40 to 60 lbs).
  • AnnPT77
    Too windy again today to row, with the water temp as low as it is, so my regular rowing double partner and I took a nice bike ride instead - started from my house, hopped on the trail system a couple of miles from here, and rode to a park just a few hundred meters downstream from where we usually row. It's about a 20 mile round trip, which is far enough but still comfortable for me on the hybrid, at my current level of cycle-specific conditioning. 😉

Grateful that the weather's still letting us get outside and have fun in comfort doing this, never a sure thing in Michigan in November.
  • charmmeth
    charmmeth Posts: 936 Member
    I am doing an rowing challenge to row a half-marathon (on my ERG) by the end of the month. I did 10km this morning, am due to do 12km tomorrow and then working up to 20km (or 21.1 to be precise) on 29 or 30 November. We'll see!
  • JDMac82
    JDMac82 Posts: 3,192 Member
    15 min's elliptical
    15 KBell Swing
    15 Dbell Squat Press
    20 Leg Tucks / Wipers
    80 Push-ups

3 x 15
    Mil Press
    Mule Kicks
    Waiter Curls
    Lateral Raises
    Smith Deadlifts
    Rear Delts
    Rope to Face
    Rope Curls
    Front Raises
    KBell Deads
    Calf Raises
    Upright Plate Raises

Sporty 40
    Rower/Hip Lifts/Knee Tucks/Crunches/Flutter Kicks/Scissors/Situps/Mtn Climbers/Supine Knee Tucks/Rope Crunches
  • mytyglotz
    Friday morning movement:
    • Team Body Project's "Totally Triple"
    I went on a 2-mile outdoor walk during my break before the afternoon session of virtual instruction. I almost got a little too warm with my coat and ear warmers on. The sunshine was magnificent today!!
  • JessAndreia
    JessAndreia Posts: 540 Member
    Goblet Squats 1x6, 2x5
    RDL's 3x8
    Leg Press 2x10
    Swiss Ball Leg Curl 2x10
    High Pull 3x6
    Cable row 3x8

About a 50 minute walk outdoors

Workouts have felt the worst this week. Funny enough, I took the week off work, so was expecting great workouts since I wouldn't be tired from work. A little disappointing, but oh well... time for a deload for the next week or two.
  • Southernfit87
    Southernfit87 Posts: 39 Member
    Chest, tris, and shoulders
    Incline bench 4 sets
    Flat hammer chest press 3 sets
    Flys 3 sets
    Seated shoulder press 4 sets
    Dumbell side lateral raises 3 sets
    Skull crushers 4 sets
    Rope pull down 3 sets
  • AnnPT77
    Improbably enough (in Michigan on November 21), it was amazingly beautiful rowing weather today, even though we went half an hour later than usual to get a little higher air temp (few degrees F above freezing at the start). (Usually, later start means more wind, which is more risk when water's cold.) Glassy water much of time, at most tiny riffles; a few clouds but good patches of sun. Gorgeous.

Accordingly, about 12.5km rowing the double. We went upstream farther than usual, got to see the swan family flotilla on the water, 8 of them. (Kind of evil birds to interact with up close, but beautiful to see on the water.)

Quick downriver snap, post row, from the ramp to the club's rowing dock:
    yr7ltnuatjp6.jpg
  • mytyglotz
    edited November 2020
    Saturday morn' with the Team again:
      First, a round of Team Body Project's "Just Combo", then "Turbo HIIT Evolve".