Recent issues with Garmin Connect

Hi everyone. Sorry if this isn't the correct sub forum but I don't see any app dedicated one.

I've been using MFP with Garmin Connect since May or so, and have done so pretty smoothly save for some minor calories fluctuations. For the past three days though it's been all over the place: exercises would duplicate themselves in the MFP app every time I would re-open it, and deleting the extra exercise then led to inconsistencies in the 400 calories range with Garmin, which on it's end seemed to read the MFP data just fine.

I logged out and un-synched both, and got back in. Haven't seen the duplication bug since but now it's just wonky: some activities show up in MFP, others don't, and the numbers are still way off.

I only do a rudimentary CICO and am no athlete, so this is more my completionism and slight OCD kicking in, but I really dislike that it's all over the place now after being reliable for so long; now I'm starting to wonder if other days I thought I was doing well weren't just bugged out too...

Any idea what's going on? (All on Android if you wonder).
Thanks!

Replies

• Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,101 Member
    I don't have an answer for you, it's been working fine for me. My just be a local problem with a specific server?

I will just say that for tracking my progress and CICO, I check my calorie burn numbers (total calories out) under Calories in Garmin Connect and compare to my consumed calories on MFP.
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,224 Member
    I have seen reports from many on my newsfeed about assorted Garmin syncing/workout posting issues for the last couple/few weeks. Mostly just that the workouts aren’t posting to the newsfeed - but some duplications here and there.

I don’t know what is happening specifically. I haven’t had any syncing issues and I don’t auto-post workouts to my newsfeed (so I wouldn’t know if they were or weren’t because they never show up). So I’m not sure.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    edited November 2020
    I haven't had any issues either. If there is a workout from FR310XT it shows up and only once.

If I wait too close to midnight, I've managed to screw up the daily burn coming across from VF3 though.
    But I can manage to probably do that anytime if I tried. I try not to though.

I'd suggest NOT disconnecting though.
    Because it's the same account tied to same account.
    But now you have sync data waiting to come in to each sync setup - that should increase odds of getting duplicate.
    And perhaps that's it, I've never reset my link between accounts.

And I'm not using either GC or MFP apps - website access only, sync to computer after workout or end of day time.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    I use Garmin Connect and sync as well, but haven't noticed any issues.
  • baconbitsy
    baconbitsy Posts: 4 Member
    I'm having the same issue. It's been adding my exercise from Garmin into MFP multiple times for two days now. I've tried disconnecting and reconnecting the apps, signing out and signing back in, etc. nothing is working and it's incredibly annoying.
  • I have the same issue here with IOS
  • slimtastesbetter
    slimtastesbetter Posts: 7,964 Member
    I've had problems with syncing as well. The last few weeks my runs aren't automatically syncing from my Garmin to MFP. I guess I'm glad to know I'm not the only one. :|
  • Frank19556
    Frank19556 Posts: 28 Member
    I bet it is the problems that this site is having, and not Garmin Connect. ( I manually add the exercise, and that has been having problems too.)
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    It may have more to do with region then, I've had to auto-syncs work just fine.

Or perhaps it's age of account, or age of 1st linking.

But since it's not an overall failure of all accounts - I'd suggest a ticket to investigate your account and issue.

Just confirm the time zone and daylight savings is set correctly on accounts and phone or whatever method of syncing is doing.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,129 Member
    Mine does this occasionally, think it did it on Saturday, just usually ignore it, work out manually what my exercise cals should be and it's back to normal the next day.
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,780 Member
    I am also having trouble with the newsfeed not wanting to post updates with photos attached. It started last week and altho I have sometimes seen that last for 24 hrs or so, it looks like it is continuing. I am not sure WHERE to go to request technical help. The only place I found linked to here was one where you type in your question and get a canned response but not a place to put in a new problem.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,101 Member
    I am also having trouble with the newsfeed not wanting to post updates with photos attached. It started last week and altho I have sometimes seen that last for 24 hrs or so, it looks like it is continuing. I am not sure WHERE to go to request technical help. The only place I found linked to here was one where you type in your question and get a canned response but not a place to put in a new problem.

I have the same issue with posting photo updates, for about 5 days now. Apparently it's a known issue (but no indication when this will be solved):
    https://support.myfitnesspal.com/hc/en-us/articles/360032274332-Known-Issues-Android-App
  • misterdenis
    misterdenis Posts: 7 Member
    I thought I’d already replied to this but seems not... Thanks for the input peeps! I ended up opening a ticket and it was confirmed after a bit by MFP that they were aware of the issue and working on it. My sync has been good for the past few days so I’m assuming they followed up on that.