Fitbit question

Is anyone else having issues with Fitbit and connecting to this app? It says mine are linked together but it never takes any of my steps? I have uninstalled and reinstalled many times. If you have had this happen to you , do you know how to fix it?

Replies

• It has happened to me and I haven't been able to fix it.
  • Krystalx3xfit
    Krystalx3xfit Posts: 29 Member
    I’m sorry to hear that, glad I’m not the only
    One tho. Lol
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,482 Member
    First thing I do is check the Fitbit app and see if it's synced. If not I have to restart my phone and it usually connects. If not then I disconnect and connect. If all's good with the app then it's MFP.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    You can have your accounts linked (are meal total calories showing up on Fitbit?) but not have MFP receive the info sent by Fitbit.

In MFP app settings for Step Source - you have Fitbit selected?
  • klara_neil
    klara_neil Posts: 1 Member
    I have the same problem....it did add on day 1 but than stopped...i did re-install both a new but nothing changes...on MyFitnessPal it says its connected...
  • ridiculous59
    ridiculous59 Posts: 2,807 Member
    I've had my fitbit for 6 months and tried all the above. Still can't get it to connect ☹
  • ChrisRShaw
    ChrisRShaw Posts: 23 Member
    Mine sends all the food data from FitnessPal to Fitbit but none of the Fitbit data is coming over to Fitness Pal. The only way I can get it to work is to disconnect Fitbit from Fitness Pal at the end of each day and reconnect and it will then give me the credit but only for that day. Gets very annoying so I usually don't do it (unless Fitness Pal shows I ate too much, then I want it to go back to a deficit :) ). Bummer that this doesn't work anymore, worked fine a few years back.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Half of you need to submit a ticket for support for them to look at your account, if you haven't yet.
    They can find an account that has wrong time zone mismatch, despite what display says.
    In theory Fitbit could have same issue on account - says 1 time-zone but it's another actually in use.
    That little issue will normally block data.
  • ridiculous59
    ridiculous59 Posts: 2,807 Member
    After owning my Fitbit for 5 months and never being able to get it to connect to mfp I finally contacted fitbit via their chat this morning. I ended up opening a new fitbit account and now it works perfectly. Of course I lost all the previous data, which disappoints me. Should have contacted them sooner :(
  • violaesmith85
    violaesmith85 Posts: 15 Member
    My old Blaze did that. Never could get it to work. but when i got my Versa 2 it worked fine.
  • atcalnek
    atcalnek Posts: 1 Member
    I’m having the same issue. But I recently bought a new Fitbit. How do I disconnect my device and connect my new Fitbit? Maybe that’s my issue
  • cactus6676
    cactus6676 Posts: 1 Member
    edited December 2020
    Over the weekend I had a similar issue. I got the new Fitbit Sense in November and it always synced fine to MFP. But then starting Saturday morning through this (Monday) afternoon MFP wouldn’t sync my steps etc from my watch. I went to help within the MFP app and found a notice from MFP under frequently asked questions that explains that they discovered an issue with Fitbits not syncing to MFP on their end due to back-logged sync requests as of Friday night and that they were investigating and working to correct the issue. As of today, Monday, they seem to have fixed it as their notification about the issue had been removed and I can now sync to MFP as of this afternoon. Nice to be back to knowing my daily calorie adjustment based on activity. :-)