This is my story and how I plan on recovering from chronic undereating:

Options
2»

Replies

• xxzenabxx
    xxzenabxx Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Update:

I’ve officially been almost 8 weeks on my diet break. That’s nearly two months! Wow it feels weird that time flies so quickly. So my weight has gone up ALOT. I’ve gained 8-9 lbs in those 8 weeks! I’m due to start my period and I’ve been eating takeaways and more carbs too so I hope it’s just water weight. I also have constipation/IBS so maybe my body doesnt know what to do with all that food. The scale is definitely giving me anxiety. I’m currently 160 lbs.
    Is it normal to gain 1-2 lbs in maintenance?
    The weird thing about this weight gain is that it happened very quickly and my measurements haven’t changed so doesn’t seem to be fat. Really trying not to freak out and let my body do its thing! 8tnrtywxmktc.png
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    The fast gain is the same water weight from the fast loss during first week of going into a diet.

It's usually only 1-3 lbs as that is about the max for muscle glycogen stores if you are an endurance cardio athlete.

More than that could be other water weight, especially if it really was fast gain and then nothing in the following weeks.
    But your pic says you have still been gaining?

You do have to adjust eating level to reality of what is happening, in diet or in maintenance.
    You say no measurements increasing - how many measurements you taking?
    If true, then great, probably just increased food volume. But you do realize that has a max value, not like it'll keep increasing.

ETA:
    The more energetic from prior update helps a lot too - that's the adaptation going away the body does when it attempts to reduce a deficit to not so extreme.
  • xxzenabxx
    xxzenabxx Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    heybales wrote: »
    The fast gain is the same water weight from the fast loss during first week of going into a diet.

It's usually only 1-3 lbs as that is about the max for muscle glycogen stores if you are an endurance cardio athlete.

More than that could be other water weight, especially if it really was fast gain and then nothing in the following weeks.
    But your pic says you have still been gaining?

You do have to adjust eating level to reality of what is happening, in diet or in maintenance.
    You say no measurements increasing - how many measurements you taking?
    If true, then great, probably just increased food volume. But you do realize that has a max value, not like it'll keep increasing.

ETA:
    The more energetic from prior update helps a lot too - that's the adaptation going away the body does when it attempts to reduce a deficit to not so extreme.

I just realised that my weight has dropped slightly from the above screen shot- that was on Wednesday 18th November. I’ve gone down to 160.7 lbs as of today. I guess I should just wait until after my period because right now I feel bloated and puffy (PMS) which doesn’t help with my brain telling me I’ve gained tonnes of weight.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    My daughter is your age.. and is crash dieting right now. And.. it is working.. but she hardly eats. takes vitamins and eats one small meal a day.. and prepackaged high protein snacks for her other two meals.

As a mom.. it breaks my heart to see my daughter get on the yo yo. She will lose her 25 pounds in two months.. but I know what's coming; the regain + more. She too is moody.. tired.. she is starving herself.

We older women on here may have some advice from going down the same path years ago.

I have two things..

1. how you lose your weight it is how you have to maintain your weight... so ask yourself.. can I do this forever and be happy?

2. Eat yourself skinny... that's what I do.. I eat six meals a day of healthy lean meats and lots of vegetables.. I'm eating all the time.. I can't help that I naturally love food and think about it.. that is never going to change.. but I can choose what I eat. You can eat a lot ..as long as it is the right foods.

Good luck to you.. looks like you're finding your path. :)