Finding time to workout

Hey everybody,

I have a hard time getting morning workouts in because I have to get to work early and I have been getting to work on time for these past few months.

Do you have any suggestions?

Replies

• stephie_nyc
    stephie_nyc Posts: 96 Member
    After work?
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,443 Member
    I get up at 3:45 to get to the gym before I have to be to work at 7:00. How bad do you want it?
  • nanastaci2020
    nanastaci2020 Posts: 1,072 Member
    It will really just depend on your schedule and your priorities.

I have started getting up earlier on weekdays - 5am - to get in 60-70 minutes treadmill time before leaving the house by 7am. (That also allows time to take care of the dogs, shower, get ready for work.) I do strength work during my lunch hour. I work an office job 8am-5pm, 45-60 minutes commute each way.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,958 Member
    Sometimes it's a matter of reframing the time we think we need to get in shape. How much time are you looking for?
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    You don't have to workout in the morning. The idea that you "must" workout in the morning was a motivation killer for me for many years. I'm not a morning person. When I started getting serious about exercise, I started going at lunchtime. I was able to make that stick.
  • Dogmom1978
    Dogmom1978 Posts: 1,580 Member
    I work out after work. I’m just NOT a morning person, I tried working out before work, but I have 0 ambition or energy before work.

I get home from work around 5 pm. Cook dinner and am usually in the gym by 6:30-7. I spend 1-2 hrs between weights and cardio (depends on which day it is and if I’m doing both).

I only do cardio on weekends, unless I miss a day of weights during the week for some reason, then I’ll do weights on the weekend also.
  • stephie_nyc
    stephie_nyc Posts: 96 Member
    Dogmom1978 wrote: »
    I work out after work. I’m just NOT a morning person, I tried working out before work, but I have 0 ambition or energy before work.

I get home from work around 5 pm. Cook dinner and am usually in the gym by 6:30-7. I spend 1-2 hrs between weights and cardio (depends on which day it is and if I’m doing both).

I only do cardio on weekends, unless I miss a day of weights during the week for some reason, then I’ll do weights on the weekend also.

And on the flipside, I go right to the gym after work and prefer to eat at 7:30.

OP you can make it work, even if it's 3 days per week. You might consider a weekend workout or two as well.
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,511 Member
    I do my best lifts after supper or in the afternoon on weekends. I have very little gas in the tank in the morning.

I used to run at lunch, and for a while I was lifting after the kids went to bed.

The time of day isn't magical... It's whatever you can make work.