What’s a red flag for you?

Replies

• Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    edited November 2020
    JessBbody wrote: »
    Neat freak.

I want someone who lies smack-dab at the middlepoint of total slob and scrubs-his-baseboards-with-a-toothbrush.
    Otherwise we just wouldn't be compatible.

I think you need a military man or a carpenter.
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,511 Member
    Neat freak.

I want someone who lies smack-dab at the middlepoint of total slob and scrubs-his-baseboards-with-a-toothbrush.

I. So. Agree!
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    Neat freak.

let's see....

car wash usually once a week - interior & exterior
    laundry, at least one load of laundry a night (usually 2) - sort/wash/dry/place
    bed linens washed once a week
    home rule - nobody wakes up to dishes in the sink (clean or not)
    floors / hardwood / cleaned twice a week
    no boxes or deliveries sitting in the foyer
    bed is made each and every morning - no exceptions
    dusting wood furniture - hopefully once a week ( I hate doing this )

Dad's USMC dialed-in & squared away lifestyle stuck.

You're a woman arent ya? 😂
  • KickassAmazon76
    Neat freak.

let's see....

Thats it! If that's the criteria for a woman...

I'm clearly a man.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    - Doesn't understand that depression and anxiety aren't a choice and that sometimes, other things in our lives suffer as a result of combating it. Not an excuse, just a reality. :heart:

I'm fairly convinced that choice at all is just an illusion...

Quite possibly. There are whole subsets of philosophy devoted to this concept. Illusionism. :neutral:
  • JessBbody
    JessBbody Posts: 523 Member
    ^ I wouldn't make it in your house.

Yesterday's dishes still in the sink.
    Laundry gets done when quarters can be procured (thanks, "national coin shortage." pfft.
    Floors mopped when mom comes over to help.

• KickassAmazon76

Yesterday's dishes still in the sink.
    Laundry gets done when quarters can be procured (thanks, "national coin shortage." pfft.
    Floors mopped when mom comes over to help.

I feel like we must be related. #BFFs
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,493 Member

Drop And Give Me Twenty !!
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,493 Member
    Neat freak.

let's see....

@slimgirljo15

Ha.

Maybe next lifetime......

I've always said:

The day I understand women, is the day I become one. (no time soon)
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Neat freak.

let's see....

@slimgirljo15

Ha.

Maybe next lifetime......

I've always said:

The day I understand women, is the day I become one. (no time soon)

😂 you're one unique man.. just the way we like ya 😉
  • stevehenderson776
    stevehenderson776 Posts: 324 Member
    edited November 2020
    - Doesn't understand that depression and anxiety aren't a choice and that sometimes, other things in our lives suffer as a result of combating it. Not an excuse, just a reality. :heart:

I'm fairly convinced that choice at all is just an illusion...

That's the Calvinist worldview. That and the concept of total depravity.
    I'll go as far as to say that I won't date any woman who believes in the concept of free will over determinism. Life's too short to humour those dum dums.
  • KosmosKitten
    - someone who believes that people aren't masters of their own destiny. Yeah no, I got better things to do than let mythical sky people determine my future for me.

You want to believe in those things, I won't stop you, but don't push them on other people.
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    - someone who believes that people aren't masters of their own destiny. Yeah no, I got better things to do than let mythical sky people determine my future for me.

You want to believe in those things, I won't stop you, but don't push them on other people.

You know... I've become a proponent of destiny in recent years...

Maybe one day, a mix of life experiences and influences will change my mind but then that would just be destiny all over again...

Fact is, we can't go back and change the decisions we've already made, so what makes us think we can change the decision we've already made in the future...

I mean tomorrow's choices are already on the way and my decisions are pretty much already set, just as the choices are... It's just one big cause and effect nexus...
  • KosmosKitten

You know... I've become a proponent of destiny in recent years...

Maybe one day, a mix of life experiences and influences will change my mind but then that would just be destiny all over again...

Fact is, we can't go back and change the decisions we've already made, so what makes us think we can change the decision we've already made in the future...

I mean tomorrow's choices are already on the way and my decisions are pretty much already set, just as the choices are... It's just one big cause and effect nexus...

I was thinking in the more religious aspect; that a person believes they have no actual free will or any choice (no matter how small). That a higher power will lead them to all the appropriate answers without any intervention on their own part. I think it's fine to have faith in something outside of yourself (I won't argue it, anyway), but to believe you are only the puppet of an unseen hand is so... dystopian to me. I may have been born in the 80s, but I definitely don't align with dystopian ideals or theory, sorry. :lol:

I suppose you don't need to be religious to think that free will is an illusion; again, I mention Illusionism, a philosophy that actually discusses and dissects this concept, but Determinism is a whole field in and of itself. You might look into it if you haven't already. You'd make a good philosopher. ;)
  • stevehenderson776
    stevehenderson776 Posts: 324 Member

I don't think there's any such thing as being a master of your own destiny, "mythical sky people" (nice) or no. Every choice you've ever made was pre determined 14.5 billion years ago within a microsecond of the creation of the universe when the distribution of atoms and energy occurred. Create a million universes with the exact same starting conditions and you'll live the exact same life a million times. We're no more capable of altering or destiny as is a lifeless rock floating in outter space. We just have delusions of grandeur that make us believe the universe has different rules for us just because we're conscious of it.