Does this sound right?

Hi I am a 26 year old male who was 18 stone 4 weeks ago and I started food tracking (calorie counting) I am a scaffolder and I have been doing one 15 mile walk each week as well as short dogs walks each evening, I have managed to consume between 800-1300 calories under my calculated allowance daily. But my scales have shown me I have some how lost 2 stone in this time but it just doesn’t sound right, surely a 2 stone loss in one month is just about impossible? Thanks

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,373 MFP Moderator
    For a male, your calories are extremely low and I would question if you are going tonget sufficient protein.

Depending on your height, its possible to lose a good amount just from glycogen depletion, reduction in food volume and modifications to sodium. How much did you lose the first two weeks?
  • Strudders67
    Strudders67 Posts: 978 Member
    Are your scales digital (battery operated) or old-school? If digital, when did you last change the batteries? Do you move them around the bathroom or are they always in the same spot, untouched?

When you set up your MFP profile, what did you select for your daily activity level?
    Is your 15 mile walk a new exercise or have you done this for some time?
    Are you logging your walks separately as exercise? If so, how?
    Are your exercise calories included in the calculated daily allowance?

2 stone (28lbs) seems a lot to lose in 4 weeks, but it could be possible if you're significantly under-eating.It's also feasible that your scales are wrong.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Why are you eating do far under your calculated allowance? Set up MFP correctly and eat your full allowance plus some of your exercise calories.
  • b120in2021
    b120in2021 Posts: 14 Member
    I guess it depends on your start weight. See your doctor if you think you've lost way too much. Unexpected/unintentional weight loss is a cancer symptom.