Plenity

2»

Replies

• psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    edited November 2020
    $100 U.S. for this tx? Orrr... I can eat more fruits and non-starchy vegetables? HMMMM........ :/
  • AndreaTamira
    AndreaTamira Posts: 272 Member
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »
    Just use psyllium husks...lots of fiber and totally takes the hunger away!

Yep. That's what I do if I truly end up with a random day where I just feel hungry. It's the same principle, has less ingredients (and no gelatine, I don't do gelatine), and is cheaper.

Dont try to dry-swallow, but drink a nice amount of water with the stuff, though. It expands quickly.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    I had Plenity of watermelon for lunch. Stuffed.

So you're the person who took the last of the Watermelon?!?!? Oh... you...🤨
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    psychod787 wrote: »
    I had Plenity of watermelon for lunch. Stuffed.

So you're the person who took the last of the Watermelon?!?!? Oh... you...🤨

There’s more at the store😝
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,935 Member
    So I was thinking about this product yesterday.

I wonder if they are just using a byproduct of other manufacturing processes? Like, V8 makes juice, but then what happens to all that leftover cellulose? Did someone here read anything about that? I don't care enough to go Google it, but I'm thinkin', "Wow, what a recycling idea!"
  • nitalieben
    nitalieben Posts: 680 Member
    I had to look it up. All I can think is "yikes".
  • Ddsb11
    Ddsb11 Posts: 607 Member
    jamloche wrote: »
    It looks like the answer to the OPs question is no. No one has taken Plenity ... at least no one who is brave enough to admit it here in the House of Tough Love.

Haha that’s funny, I like that.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    jamloche wrote: »
    It looks like the answer to the OPs question is no. No one has taken Plenity ... at least no one who is brave enough to admit it here in the House of Tough Scientifically Informed Love.

Fixed it for ya! <3

• cindyanne29
    cindyanne29 Posts: 17 Member
    I start tomorrow!
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    I start tomorrow!

Why? Did you read the stickies at the top of the forums? Tons of helpful information.
  • Dogmom1978
    Dogmom1978 Posts: 1,580 Member
    I start tomorrow!

Why in the world would you take this?!?!
  • slw37
    slw37 Posts: 85 Member
    I start tomorrow!

Let us know how it "works". :#
  • airmidthehealer
    airmidthehealer Posts: 18 Member
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »
    Just use psyllium husks...lots of fiber and totally takes the hunger away!

I've been on it for awhile. Because of health issues, it's this or weight loss surgery. I checked into this pretty intensely before trying it. Side effects are minimal, bowel blockage occurs if bowel problems are present beforehand, or not enough water is consumed with the capsules. As for eating all those vegetables, I would never consume that many vegetables.

It takes the hunger away, exactly as it's meant to do. For those of you fearmongers, you need to stop, find out exactly what you're talking about (from reliable sources, not chat rooms and your friends).
  • airmidthehealer
    Right from their website “in conjunction with diet and exercise” “on average people lost 22 pounds in 24 weeks”.

The general weight loss target for most people is 1-2 pounds per week.

For my money, I’d rather eat food, drink water and exercise.

Track what you eat to keep yourself accountable.

Good luck

I think the specific issue is to help people who find it difficult to meet their calorie goal because they feel excessive hunger. So the issue isn't that they're telling people that they won't need to eat food, drink water, and exercise -- this is a tool that is meant to help people who are struggling to do that consistently.

janejellyroll - Exactly! You are a wise woman!
  • airmidthehealer
    I would respectfully submit, my problem was never with feeling full or not. It was taste, texture, inattentiveness, simple greed, not acknowledging (or possibly even having, lol) an “off” switch.

Same problem a lot of people with bariatric surgery have. The stomach is smaller, but many still feel compelled to eat more than it can contain.

I think that’s the problem for a lot of people, and honestly not sure a pill that will make you feel 25% fuller would make any difference.

Even successfully having lost a lot of weight, that still troubles me, as evidenced by the package of cookie dough I scarfed down the other night.

I think you’d have to be sincerely honest with yourself why you eat, and then why you continue eating before you commit to this. But even to this day, I can’t tell you what makes me tick, so I can imagine it’s equally as hard for others.

It does tickle my sarcastic funny bone, however, to see all the weight loss spam tacked on to the comments for the new wonder pill of the moment.

I am not sure what you mean by "weight loss spam." I'm on Plenity, and have lost weight because I do feel fuller faster. Since I take the pills before I eat, when I do sit down to eat I don't feel the need to stuff the food down as fast as I can, as I did before. I find I am able to eat more slowly and stop MUCH sooner than before. My dogs love Plenity because they now get what I don't eat. That almost never happened before.

On the other hand, it's not for everyone and I acknowledge that. But rather than making fun of those that might want to try it, maybe a little more support would help. Plenity has actually been tested by the FDA, and if you check Google Scholar, you will find several peer-reviewed articles about it, not all favorable, but then, that's typical.
  • Dogmom1978
    Dogmom1978 Posts: 1,580 Member
    I would respectfully submit, my problem was never with feeling full or not. It was taste, texture, inattentiveness, simple greed, not acknowledging (or possibly even having, lol) an “off” switch.

Same problem a lot of people with bariatric surgery have. The stomach is smaller, but many still feel compelled to eat more than it can contain.

I think that’s the problem for a lot of people, and honestly not sure a pill that will make you feel 25% fuller would make any difference.

Even successfully having lost a lot of weight, that still troubles me, as evidenced by the package of cookie dough I scarfed down the other night.

I think you’d have to be sincerely honest with yourself why you eat, and then why you continue eating before you commit to this. But even to this day, I can’t tell you what makes me tick, so I can imagine it’s equally as hard for others.

It does tickle my sarcastic funny bone, however, to see all the weight loss spam tacked on to the comments for the new wonder pill of the moment.

I am not sure what you mean by "weight loss spam." I'm on Plenity, and have lost weight because I do feel fuller faster. Since I take the pills before I eat, when I do sit down to eat I don't feel the need to stuff the food down as fast as I can, as I did before. I find I am able to eat more slowly and stop MUCH sooner than before. My dogs love Plenity because they now get what I don't eat. That almost never happened before.

On the other hand, it's not for everyone and I acknowledge that. But rather than making fun of those that might want to try it, maybe a little more support would help. Plenity has actually been tested by the FDA, and if you check Google Scholar, you will find several peer-reviewed articles about it, not all favorable, but then, that's typical.

The FDA doesn’t exactly have a stellar track rate. CICO is all that’s needed to lose weight, not a magic pill. Unless you’re on the magic pill for life, youll very likely just gain the weight back when you stop taking it anyway. To each their own, but picking the “hot” weight loss pill of the moment hasn’t gone so well for the past few decades, so I don’t expect that to change anytime in the foreseeable future 🤷🏻‍♀️