50+ women getting ready for 2021!

Looking for like minded women age 50+! I hope to start losing soon but realistically with Thanksgiving and Christmas it may be a run up to launch in Jan 2021 😄! But I do want to get serious now and get the structure in place in the next few weeks. Anyone want to join me? 👋

Replies

• jazzkitn
    jazzkitn Posts: 1 Member
    Count me in, interested in joining this group to help support each other!
  • wrigs631
    wrigs631 Posts: 6 Member
    Restarting myself!! Definitely won’t be the holiday parties this year so hopefully this won’t be too bad starting this time of year
  • Pharmgirl19692020
    Pharmgirl19692020 Posts: 14 Member
    This might be the place to ask some like minded ladies:
    Is anyone weighing their food? I just bought a scale, it’s set to grams but where do I find how much everything should weigh? Like proteins and veggies etc? I have looked on internet and can’t find too much. I am on a 1600 calories macro meal plan, I think. Do I sound new and helpless??? Hahaha...help, is anyone can. 😁
  • Soloflyergirl2
    Soloflyergirl2 Posts: 127 Member
    I am a retired teacher, over 60, but I want a long life with fitness, family, and fun. I cannot get over board with monitoring food while being quarantined. It is difficult. I am putting my larger meal in the middle of the day so I do not eat carbs as a grazer. So , breakfast is egg, some spinach, orange juice, skim milk, and maybe a mini bagel. I put protein at lunch with broiled chicken, corn, a side salad, and a teeny dessert to remind myself I am human. A banana bite is okay once in a while. I am losing weight without a crazed obsession , and recording food in myfitness. So far, so good. And yes, you should all want to live a long life with fun in it .....
  • newdoda
    newdoda Posts: 30 Member
    I do not weigh, however, I do use a color container method of eating that helps control portions. Something I ordered through a program that I use. I considered purchasing a scale to weigh but I found the other method and it works very well for me which I think is key, finding what works well for you. I also use the reports on here to keep track of exercise and calories burned. I really love looking at the data for each week and it helps me to know how much exercise I need to create that weight loss I am looking for.
  • MicheleWeiss617
    MicheleWeiss617 Posts: 18 Member
    Hello everyone I used this site before, then left for a while now I am back. I would love to join your group. I do have a question? Can someone tell me how to connect my Apple Watch to the site for exercise? Everyone enjoy your Thanksgiving and remember if you slip up one day just redo the next....no one is perfect so no need to beat yourself up