Lunch ideas

πŸ‘‹ everyone!

Need some help with some lunch ideas. Long story short at work we are temporarily without refrigerator or microwave. I am at a total loss for lunch ideas of food that will stay good. Prefer low carb but knows how much that already limits my very limited options.

Replies

• ddavenport6962
    ddavenport6962 Posts: 17 Member
    Hi, like springlering62 said, an insulated lunch box would be perfect. You could pre make a salad or wrap, if you dont want to pre make the wrap then just put a bag of lettuce or baby spinach leaves, cucumber slices, ham or light cheese slices in zip lock bags. My favourite is a small tin of tuna or salmon then make the wrap when you want it . I get rye mountain bread for my wrap ( im in australia) they are quite thin and only 71 calories each and very low carb.Or i sometimes have vita wheat ( high grain ) crackers with some of the above for toppings with an apple or babana. I hope that gives you ideas. Good luck 😊
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,409 Member
    We have steak every Sunday night. Covid treat, since we seldom eat out these days.

I grill them in the air fryer, and always make extra for salad the next week. When the steak is done, I drop in some simply seasoned chicken breasts to grill while we eat dinner.

Voila! Lunch is done for the week.

A chopped chicken breast with some low cal mayo or teriyaki sauce, lettuce and tomatoes.m in a low carb/low cal wrap. Fast, easy, tasty hot or cold.
  • goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Quinoa jar salad. Quinoa tastes good cold and it's higher in protein than most grains. You'll want to construct your salad with your quinoa and dressing at the bottom (I like a simple vinaigrette), followed by the bulkier toppings like large chunks of vegetables, cheese, or cooked meat/plant-based protein, then the lighter toppings like shredded veggies, dried fruit, nuts/seeds, or leafy greens on top of that. You can shake up the jar and eat it from there or dump the contents into a bowl.
  • Dogmom1978
    Dogmom1978 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Insulated lunch box as above.

My daily lunch is 2 servings of cottage cheese (weighed out) and one danon light n fit raspberry yogurt.
  • TribeHokie
    TribeHokie Posts: 711 Member
    sandwiches are fine to sit for a couple hours in a lunch box. same with salads.
  • xodreamariexo
    xodreamariexo Posts: 63 Member
    Even get a cold pack to put in the lunch box for extra assurance! Salad, sandwiches, wraps (with lettuce leaf for low carb), parfaits
  • Garden salad with a tablespoon of hummus, a teaspoon of pumpkin seeds and a teaspoon of sunflower seeds.
    Bring a piece of fruit for afternoon snack.
    You could also get a thermos for taking hot items like soup.
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Do 2 mad before work then you don’t need to eat at work it’s what I do saves a lot of time too
  • LushFix
    LushFix Posts: 306 Member
    If possible just grab yourself a lunch bag and an ice pack, I know they have them at Walmart and maybe even the dollar store, you could even just use a water bottle filled with water and frozen.

I’m super into turkey bacon BLT wraps right now, if your doing low carb or keto you could add cheese and wrap it in the lettuce instead of a wrap?