Squat Form Advice

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
  • wiigelec
    wiigelec Posts: 503 Member
    you are doing a good job of sitting back with your hips and keeping your knees from sliding forward.

when you unrack the bar you are all hunched over. stand up straight and push your chest out like you are showing off your pecs.

you are at least 6” shallow on depth. top of thigh parallel to ground at the bottom.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member

Pretty good. I see a lot of things that are looking awesome.

First thing we want to accomplish is depth.

This is for long term strength gains. If we cut depth short now, we won't receive full benefits and it's better to nip this now than later.

So we will start with air squats>empty barbell>and start adding weight where you can still hit depth and have 2-3 left in tank. The weight is unimportant on the grand scale of things. Just find a weight you can achieve depth.

You need about 4" to achieve depth.

Your squat looks really decent. You set your knees early and keep them in a good position which is optimal. Also I like your back angle from the start but I would like you to straighten your legs and while keeping the back angle. This might mean we have our posterior slightly back from start. No worries. This will allow us to replicate the movement over time as we perform more volume.

Don't over think this. Just work on depth and putting appropriate weight on the barbell and the movement will polish.

Feel free to post another video of depth and tag me.

• allother94
    allother94 Posts: 588 Member
    Thanks!
  • CipherZero
    CipherZero Posts: 1,418 Member
    edited November 2020
    A stack of issues right off.

A camera angle about 45 degrees behind you where we can see at least one end of the bar. This is to see depth, bar path, and back angle.

Get rid of the pad.

You're not even close to proper depth.

• SnifterPug
    SnifterPug Posts: 746 Member
    You don't look to be standing all the way up at the top. Legs remain bent. You don't want to go so far at the top that your back is in hyperextension but I've always been taught to get all the way up before starting the next rep.
  • Dogmom1978
    Dogmom1978 Posts: 1,580 Member
    CipherZero wrote: »
    A stack of issues right off.

A camera angle about 45 degrees behind you where we can see at least one end of the bar. This is to see depth, bar path, and back angle.

Get rid of the pad.

You're not even close to proper depth.

Get rid of the pad?? For what purpose?? I have an SSB personally because my shoulders appreciate the padding.

I agree with the others above, lower the weight and increase your depth 4-6 inches.