Chocolate lovers

VegjoyP
VegjoyP Posts: 2,708 Member
edited November 2020 in Food and Nutrition
So, I love chocolate- Extra dark, cacao, cacao powder, chocolate flavored plant proteins and more.
I have found so many healthier, whilefood ways of having chocolate plus a piece of dark low sugar, 70% is very beneficial.
What is your 2 very favorite food that is chocolate or chocolate flavor?

Replies

• missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    I’ve tried a lot of different brands of dark chocolate individually wrapped candy. Probably most of the readily available brands. I always go back to Dove Promises, dark chocolate caramel with sea salt. I like dark chocolate truffles too and good brownies. I’m not much of a cake fan. I do prefer dark chocolate over milk chocolate.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,094 Member
    I like using cacao nibs in my morning yoghurt. The nibs by themselves are super bitter, but a nice addition to sweet(ened) foods.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,388 Member
    edited November 2020
    I do like chocolate, but I'm a posh chocolate lover. Proper milk chocolate has at least 42% cocoa for me, and some of my favourites have around 45-52%. You won't see me eat Cadburys, which basically is just sugar and fat with a tiny bit of cocoa. Good dark chocolate is more difficult to find. Great tastes, but often with a not very indulgent texture. so basically the chocolate i buy tends to be rather expensive, and I automatically only eat a bit of it to make it last longer. And then it's also preferably single origin, fair trade cacao.
  • Jackie9003
    Jackie9003 Posts: 1,105 Member
    I really like Fibre One Brownie bars, they're very chocolatey so hit the spot, if I have "proper" chocolate then Hotel Chocolat tiddly pots are my preferred choice.
  • amart4224
    amart4224 Posts: 345 Member
    edited November 2020
    My most recent addiction is Tru Fru frozen raspberries covered first in white chocolate and then in dark. They also make a blueberry version but I prefer the tangy raspberry flavor to contrast the sweetness of the chocolate.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    I really like dark chocolate (one favorite is the Chocolove Xtreme 88%, which is widely available around here), and I used to like to try the various interesting, high-quality chocolates one could find in Hannah's Bretzel, a lunchplace that also sold chocolate from smaller producers and around the world. I'm pretty good at being able to savor that kind of chocolate and eat it slowly, but I still don't get it that often, as I tend to spend my cals on savory stuff more often.

I have unsweetened cocoa from Godiva, which I occasionally add to the right smoothie, and also used it to make Mexican hot chocolate (controlling added sugar to my own taste, since I'm not into really sweet) for a Zoom Day of the Dead event we did. (I don't use protein powder much, and don't really like any of the flavored ones at all.)

Probably my favorite is those unsweetened brewing cocoa, which can be a nice alternative to tea for evening sipping (or coffee, but I try not to see coffee as an evening alternative).

Beyond that, I do like ice cream/frozen yogurt/gelato, and occasionally have some, but chocolate is not my normal preferred flavor, although I do have it occasionally.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    I’ve tried a lot of different brands of dark chocolate individually wrapped candy. Probably most of the readily available brands. I always go back to Dove Promises, dark chocolate caramel with sea salt. I like dark chocolate truffles too and good brownies. I’m not much of a cake fan. I do prefer dark chocolate over milk chocolate.

I always have a dish of Dove Promises dark chocolate in my living room. I can eat two (80ish calories) slowly and be completely satisfied. Especially good with a cup of tea.
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    kimny72 wrote: »

I always have a dish of Dove Promises dark chocolate in my living room. I can eat two (80ish calories) slowly and be completely satisfied. Especially good with a cup of tea.

Dove promises, dark chocolate (red foil)... a favorite here too
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    @kimny72
    I have very simple tastes, and know what I like. Dove is it for me. Not very sophisticated, I know, but I guess it saves a little money🤷🏻‍♀️
    Two for me too. I can make those babies last for four bites.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,388 Member
    One thing I totally love, but buy even less than posh chocolate: Lakrids by Bulow, fairly good quality liquorice covered in various yummy chocolates.
  • stephie_nyc
    stephie_nyc Posts: 96 Member
    senalay788 wrote: »
    Lindt 99% thats all I need.

I thought I was the only one who could eat this! I haven't seen it in so long. I would drink it with tea so it would get a little melty in my mouth after taking a bite then a sip.
  • Luke_rabbit
    Luke_rabbit Posts: 1,031 Member
    Most of my smoothies have cocoa powder in them.

I also like chocolate hummus, but only the one from Trader Joe's that isn't super sweet.

However, I'll eat almost any chocolate candy and desserts!
  • jiujitsudad15118
    jiujitsudad15118 Posts: 462 Member
    Top 2
    1. Chocolate
    2. Chocolate
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Ghirardelli dark chocolate chips
  • VegjoyP

I used to work in a higher end shopping Pavillion directly across from a Lindt and that was the ONLY chocolate for me!!
  • VegjoyP
    One of my very favorite ways to have chocolate is a real chocolaty, hot cocoa thats on the thick side- creamy texture. This alone is wonderful and can be made in a healthy way too..
    I do Love it of course with whipped coconut cream and chocolate fudge melted on top. Plus add a piece of chocolate at bottom 😋 I really haven't had that in years.
    I make a drink with chocolate plant protein, almond milk and tablespoon of cacao powder. Love it and filling.
    Oatmeal with peanut butter or cashew butter and chocolate nibs, chips is like dessert!
  • brianpperkins131
    brianpperkins131 Posts: 90 Member
    Travel restrictions are keeping me from my favorite chocolate shops ... those little one of artisans in Belgian and Swiss towns.
  • AndreaTamira
    AndreaTamira Posts: 272 Member
    edited November 2020

I also like chocolate hummus, but only the one from Trader Joe's that isn't super sweet.

Chocolate hummus is a thing? I've never seen it where I live (NZ). How does a sweet hummus work? I'm intrigued because sweet treat but chickpea protein...
  • Antiopelle
    Antiopelle Posts: 1,184 Member
    edited November 2020

I thought I was the only one who could eat this! I haven't seen it in so long. I would drink it with tea so it would get a little melty in my mouth after taking a bite then a sip.

I live in Belgium, not so far from the Callebaut (excellent dessert choc) factory. We are also home to Godiva (meh) and Marcolini (salivating).
    I used to have one small Marcolini every night as a heavenly treat and still stay within my cals for the day.
    For the Europeans in lockdown, you can easily order online: https://eu.marcolini.com/en/maison-pierre-marcolini/pierre-marcolini/

Lindt is Swiss chocolate, which is some kind of sacrilege for a Belgian :wink: , but the 99% is excellent! Just one little square and let it melt slowly.