What's a food you're currently obsessed with?

Replies

• acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,586 Member
    A jar of umami I have been using lately is Chinese olive vegetable. The fruit looks like an olive but is not the same species. Nonetheless the taste is a bit reminscent of tapenade. Particularly useful for vegans wanting to expand their arsenal of umami bomb ingredients.
    http://herbivoretimes.com/green-eats/chinese-olive-vegetable/
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    ^I've never seen this one...I'm obsessed with the Herbal Bengal Spice (I mean...I should buy shares in the company because of my consumption lol!) But this one sounds really good!
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,707 Member
    I absolutely love my nightly tofu with cinnamon, teaspoon cacao powder or fennel powder stevia and plant protein- I make my protein in mug, hot water, almond milk and glucomannan powder. Heat in microwave until rises, top with teaspoon of unsweetened cacao powder and stevia
  • o0Firekeeper0o
    o0Firekeeper0o Posts: 416 Member
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »
    ^I've never seen this one...I'm obsessed with the Herbal Bengal Spice (I mean...I should buy shares in the company because of my consumption lol!) But this one sounds really good!

I love the Bengal Spice one too! I actually got this one on clearance at the grocery store for like $1.60. And now I’m hooked lmao
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,387 Member
    Oh my gosh...GROWING OATMEAL. Twice the portion size with the same amount of calories and it’s absolutely delicious!! If you haven’t tried this, find a recipe...or ask me. This is a GAME CHANGER. You’ll never go back to microwave oatmeal.

Ok. I bit and googled it. What makes it different from regular cooked oatmeal and why is it called growing? I don’t get it?
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Oh my gosh...GROWING OATMEAL. Twice the portion size with the same amount of calories and it’s absolutely delicious!! If you haven’t tried this, find a recipe...or ask me. This is a GAME CHANGER. You’ll never go back to microwave oatmeal.

Ok. I bit and googled it. What makes it different from regular cooked oatmeal and why is it called growing? I don’t get it?

I posted this before too you add like 5c of water and keep microwaving it and cooling it so it gets super big and fluffy so it’s like 4c of oatmeal instead of 1c for same calories
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    senalay788 wrote: »
    Carrots.
    No idea why, it just happened past couple weeks. Raw from the fridge, like a rabbit lol in huge quantities, I wonder if my skin will turn reddish.

a few years back i went through my carrot phase... would eat entire backs in a sitting! Made myself sick from them and now I get nauseous thinking about them haha
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »

I love the Bengal Spice one too! I actually got this one on clearance at the grocery store for like $1.60. And now I’m hooked lmao

ohoh You better run to the store and clear the shelf!
  • chris89topher
    chris89topher Posts: 389 Member
    VegjoyP wrote: »
    I absolutely love my nightly tofu with cinnamon, teaspoon cacao powder or fennel powder stevia and plant protein- I make my protein in mug, hot water, almond milk and glucomannan powder. Heat in microwave until rises, top with teaspoon of unsweetened cacao powder and stevia

I think you're the person that made me try silken tofu with chocolate syrup, cinnamon and zero calorie monk fruit sweetener based on a picture you posted as dessert months ago. I loved it and have eaten it every single night ever since. It's one of my favorite foods of all time!
  • PAPYRUS3

I think you're the person that made me try silken tofu with chocolate syrup, cinnamon and zero calorie monk fruit sweetener based on a picture you posted as dessert months ago. I loved it and have eaten it every single night ever since. It's one of my favorite foods of all time!

That does sound really good...I will be trying it too😉
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,707 Member
    edited November 2020

Awesome! Yay! I love my tofu! Yes I have done other things with it- SF Maple syrup, butter flavor salt ( vegan) chocolate protein powder, powdered peanut butter and maple. Cocoa powder and Skinny Syrups to name a few 🙂
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    edited November 2020
    So this is just making regular oats with twice the water, and if you cook it long enough it absorbs all the water?

Back when I used to have oats for breakfast I'd make steel cut in the rice cooker and add extra water so I could stir in protein powder at the end, and also add berries. It certainly wasn't twice the water, though.
  • joyanna2016
    joyanna2016 Posts: 323 Member
    Orville R. Smartpop popcorn. I eat it almost every day! The snack size bag is delicious, only 100 calories, and it satisfies my munchies. If I have extra calories I mix in a serving of cheez it snack mix or I eat 2 bags! 😛
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Been spraying this ginger spice in everything !!! So good to add to coffee, pudding, yogurt veggies chicken etc. for some reason it has a lot better flavor than adding ground ginger spice and I like that it is just liquid.

ifl65sqbvsj0.jpeg
  • Jelaan
    Jelaan Posts: 815 Member
    Been spraying this ginger spice in everything !!! So good to add to coffee, pudding, yogurt veggies chicken etc. for some reason it has a lot better flavor than adding ground ginger spice and I like that it is just liquid.

ifl65sqbvsj0.jpeg

I've never seen that before. What a great idea!
  • PAPYRUS3
    edited November 2020
    ^I'm quite sure I'd absolutely love this stuff too! I'm pretty sure I can't get this stuff though (Canada sometimes makes me sad😥)