WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2020

Replies

• Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,385 Member
    KJ Kelly, oh I empathize with you on the trials and tribulations of pottie training! All my sons were late with pottie proficiency. My eldest was in Japan when he was learning, and so heck all his friends were learning. Unfortunately all my Japanese mommas would let their kids just pee on a bush, or thru a grate on the side of the street. (um son you aren't a puppy, you hold it till we get home")! Also teaching him to aim was interesting because the ladies stalls out in the grocery or department stores had "squatters" so I had to lift him up, and face his body downward into the tiled hole of death. If I didn't he would have just peed on the wall... So, that was fun and LOUD! Nothing like telling your child you're holding over a toilet in the floor to relax, just breathe, no Momma won't drop you.
    My middle son had cloth diapers, and a handy diaper service, but at one point I bought some padded undies, but he didn't seem to understand those were NOT diapers. So I bought the cheapest diapers I could find and put them on his body. Oh he hated those, and had one traumatic session while trying to get the cheap diapers off his body, a drop of pooh landed on his cheek. So not to have that experience again, he started using the pottie. Much to my relief.
    My youngest had no interest in learning. So I just stopped putting diapers on him. I had little "play stations" around the living room and toy room. I laid beach towels around them to catch any accidents. I told him if he wanted to leave one toy station and move to another, he had to pee in the pottie (little sit down plastic one). Like Thomas The Train. I gave him sippy cup after sippy cup, so I knew he'd either get bored of the toys at one station, or have to pee sooner or later. I had a huge chart with times, stations, and if he peed on the towels he got a sad face, and if he peed in the pottie he got a happy face. At the end of the day we'd count up the tally. If he got a certain number of happy faces= happy mommy. But a certain number of sad faces = sad disappointed mommy. It was a week of PEE, and he did learn if he wanted to play with all his toys, he needed to pee in the pottie.
    I swear the connection between a little boys brain and to his peepee, is something us moms just needed to order, or something. But the piece part never came, or we just didn't know the company to order it from!

<3
    Rebecca
  • Faetta
    Faetta Posts: 1,059 Member
    edited November 2020
    Frosty Morning Walk @ 35 degrees

3.27 miles
    10,363 steps
    313.2 calories burned
    0qdwrh5qrj3e.jpg

Fae
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,685 Member
    Has anyone else noticed the product placement in the 2020 Hallmark Christmas Movies?
    Holly and Ivy was Benjamin Moore and Christmas with the Darlings is Campbell’s soup.

I’ll have to keep watching to find more lol

Tracey in Edmonton
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,431 Member
    Stats for the day-

No workout yesterday- did chores

Today

Walk w/yogi- 1hr 36min 1sec, 3.10ap, 106elev, 90ahr, 111mhr, 5.09mi= 491c
    Strava app = 617c
    Other- detail car- 27.53min, 79ahr= 129c
    Zwift bike trainer- 45.54min, 413elev, 19.8amph, 137ahr, 156mhr, 15..15mi= 478c
    Strava app = 382c

Total cal 1098
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,896 Member
    KJ Kelly, oh I empathize with you on the trials and tribulations of pottie training! All my sons were late with pottie proficiency. My eldest was in Japan when he was learning, and so heck all his friends were learning. Unfortunately all my Japanese mommas would let their kids just pee on a bush, or thru a grate on the side of the street. (um son you aren't a puppy, you hold it till we get home")! Also teaching him to aim was interesting because the ladies stalls out in the grocery or department stores had "squatters" so I had to lift him up, and face his body downward into the tiled hole of death. If I didn't he would have just peed on the wall... So, that was fun and LOUD! Nothing like telling your child you're holding over a toilet in the floor to relax, just breathe, no Momma won't drop you.
    My middle son had cloth diapers, and a handy diaper service, but at one point I bought some padded undies, but he didn't seem to understand those were NOT diapers. So I bought the cheapest diapers I could find and put them on his body. Oh he hated those, and had one traumatic session while trying to get the cheap diapers off his body, a drop of pooh landed on his cheek. So not to have that experience again, he started using the pottie. Much to my relief.
    My youngest had no interest in learning. So I just stopped putting diapers on him. I had little "play stations" around the living room and toy room. I laid beach towels around them to catch any accidents. I told him if he wanted to leave one toy station and move to another, he had to pee in the pottie (little sit down plastic one). Like Thomas The Train. I gave him sippy cup after sippy cup, so I knew he'd either get bored of the toys at one station, or have to pee sooner or later. I had a huge chart with times, stations, and if he peed on the towels he got a sad face, and if he peed in the pottie he got a happy face. At the end of the day we'd count up the tally. If he got a certain number of happy faces= happy mommy. But a certain number of sad faces = sad disappointed mommy. It was a week of PEE, and he did learn if he wanted to play with all his toys, he needed to pee in the pottie.
    I swear the connection between a little boys brain and to his peepee, is something us moms just needed to order, or something. But the piece part never came, or we just didn't know the company to order it from!

<3
    Rebecca

oh, those squatter toilets in Japan!!! Thankfully, we didn't have to deal with many of them when we were there for two weeks. The few times we did were so terrible for my husband. It was right before he went in for his hip replacement surgery- Trying to squat with really bad hips was so hard on him.

Debbie
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,310 Member
    M – I’m quite sure the pain is a stress fracture from exercise.

When Vince went to VA to help Colby move to Iowa, he found out that at hotels they don’t have breakfasts. What I mean is that they don’t have a buffet like they used to do, they only have limited things, and there’s nothing that he liked so he just had a banana. So I’m taking oatmeal for me and poptarts (that’s what he wanted!) for Vince. I have some of the almond milk in individual containers so I’ll take that since it doesn’t need refrigeration. So we probably won’t even have to leave the hotel room!

Have the healthy pumpkin pie in the oven right now. Hope Colby likes it. I know that I do

The microwave crapped out, I think the magnetron went. The first thing Vince thought of was “how will Cheryl heat up Lexi’s food?” To be honest, that didn’t cross my mind. Fortunately, we have a microwave that we had downstairs from when we lived in the apartment here in NC so Vince brought that up. Yes, it’s a counter microwave, not over the oven, but it works. Isn’t it something how we get used to appliances?

Made the bed that Steve stayed in then got together the Christmas gifts I have made/bought already. I have a list. Maybe when Vince is in a better mood I’ll ask him what else we should get people. I heard on the radio today that you should order gifts early.

Barbara – for a while there I used to get upset at Denise and her lack of Christmas (like helping cook, we had to practically beg her to come here, her ungratefulness about her gifts). But I realized it only served for me to get upset. So now I’m trying not to get upset. I truly believe that it’ll come back to her. PJ just might say something when he gets older.

Allie – how wonderful! You may feel like you got run over by a train now, but in a few weeks you’ll feel like a new woman

Jamisina – welcome!

Pip – cool bike! Do you have the lights on the tires sequenced so that it looks like the tires are spinning? Do you use a Light-A-Rama controller? That’s how we get the lights on our “fence” to look like they’re chasing

KJ – a “healthy” pumpkin pie just doesn’t have the lard/butter/Crisco crust but a crust of oatmeal. I guess that’s the main difference.

M – there is a drive thru light display here at Charlott Motorspeedway. We went once a few years ago and might very well go again this year. I remember the last time we went Vince had a lot of conversations with their display engineer.

MFP’s projected weight: I forget what it keeps telling me I’d weigh because there is no way on this green earth I’d ever weigh that. Well, IF I starved myself, I might. Of course I’d look terrible and feel terrible. To me, it just ain’t worth it

Michele NC
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,929 Member
    Allie:: Hooray!!! You’re back. Wishing you a speedy recovery.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,929 Member
    Machka: Giant sculptures are cricket stumps.
  • Faetta
    Faetta Posts: 1,059 Member
    edited November 2020
    Today's stats according to the pedometer

Workout 1478 steps .46 mile 446 cal burn
    Walk 10,363 steps 3.27 mile 313 cal burn
    Misc Chores 16,296 steps 5.14 mil 492 cal burn
    Daily Total 27,137 steps 8.87 miles 1251 cal burn

Allie Great news! You are strong and determined and will heal fast. How long is your hospital stay?

• ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,304 Member
    Allie-good to hear you are through the surgery. Heal well-and take care of yourself.

Talk of potty training-my husband actually took the lead with our sons on that. He got our oldest on track with it at right around the 2 1/2 year mark. With second son, husband again took lead and big brother was also helpful (three year age difference helped).

Sorry some of you are having the husband communication problems. Men and women do think differently. I got to point with mine that I didn't offer advice on how to do something until he asked (or I did the job my way when he wasn't there). Most of those differences just weren't worth the energy to me.

Got walk in this morning before rain hit and tackled several small tasks that I kept ignoring. Checked Amazon and the Instapot Airfryer I had been looking at for DIL was on sale for $50 off so I ordered and shipped it to her house. I will be sending a separate box with a couple of small things she can open Christmas day. Now I have to decide which toaster/air fryer oven I want to get for myself. Too many brands. I do not believe I would use a pressure cooker.

Short work week with Thanksgiving this week. We are also closed on Friday. I have doctor's appoint Wednesday morning and may just go ahead and take whole day off. Will see how productive Monday and Tuesday are.

Enjoy the rest of your day.

Stay safe,

Ginny in Ohio
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,786 Member
    <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,120 Member
    KJ - Thank you for the compliment! Actually, at the moment we both feel like old crocks. :# My gluteal tendonopathy is very bothersome and so is his back/hip problem. We spend a lot of time just moaning in tandem! :p Getting old isn't for wimps. But it is also a privilege.
    Last night (I'm awake in the night and can't sleep) we had a huge row about politics. :( We think roughly the same politically, but there are differences about personalities, and it escalated into one of our spats. It doesn't happen often, but it usually ends with him in a sulk.
    He'll be alright in the morning.
    Happy belated birthday, by the way. <3

I'm supposed to get on the phone on the dot of 8.15 in the morning to make a 'same day' doctor appointment. We'll see how that goes! Usually you just get an engaged signal. Monday is especially bad, so I might wait until Tuesday. I wrote a Google review last year of the service as 'not fit for purpose'.

Now going to read a bit before I nod off again. Had a horrible dream about a blocked and leaking toilet. :o

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    :)
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,877 Member
    <3
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,706 Member
    exermom wrote: »
    M – I’m quite sure the pain is a stress fracture from exercise.

Michele NC

When I broke a toe a number of years ago, I also wore stiff-soled shoes. They provide your foot with support while healing.

Why not give your Birkenstocks (your stiffest soled shoes?) a try and see if they are comfortable and ease the pain?

Machka in Oz

• Machka9
    edited November 2020
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Adding photos from our couple weeks away almost a month ago now!
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/machka-bb/

On Oct 28, we took a trip into the northern town of Deloraine and had a look at the little shops in town, then went just out of town to a place called Christmas Hills Raspberry Farm where we had pancakes with raspberries. The farm has a little path around a pond to the edge of where the raspberries are grown.

wy9mj6zqfyz7.png

One of the towns we stayed in celebrates aspects of the town and the people who lived there. At least a couple of our ladies here should be able to identify what those big white things are ... only they aren't usually that big!

rbmc0h0v80p0.png

M in Oz

Machka: Giant sculptures are cricket stumps.

You got it! :)

A favourite sport among Aussies.

Machka in Oz

• dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,896 Member
    ginnytez wrote: »
    Allie-good to hear you are through the surgery. Heal well-and take care of yourself.

Talk of potty training-my husband actually took the lead with our sons on that. He got our oldest on track with it at right around the 2 1/2 year mark. With second son, husband again took lead and big brother was also helpful (three year age difference helped).

Sorry some of you are having the husband communication problems. Men and women do think differently. I got to point with mine that I didn't offer advice on how to do something until he asked (or I did the job my way when he wasn't there). Most of those differences just weren't worth the energy to me.

Got walk in this morning before rain hit and tackled several small tasks that I kept ignoring. Checked Amazon and the Instapot Airfryer I had been looking at for DIL was on sale for $50 off so I ordered and shipped it to her house. I will be sending a separate box with a couple of small things she can open Christmas day. Now I have to decide which toaster/air fryer oven I want to get for myself. Too many brands. I do not believe I would use a pressure cooker.

Short work week with Thanksgiving this week. We are also closed on Friday. I have doctor's appoint Wednesday morning and may just go ahead and take whole day off. Will see how productive Monday and Tuesday are.

Enjoy the rest of your day.

Stay safe,

Ginny in Ohio

I had my pressure cooker for two years before I started using it.BUT, after I started using it, I use it about every other day. LOVE my air fryer and use it daily. I wish I had started using both of them the day I got them(Christmas gifts from my husband).

Debbie
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    (((KJ))): Happy 54th Birthday you sweet young thing! :star::heart: :star: I’m sorry Tim is not a birthday person. You deserve a birthday treat & he deserves Pip’s boot. :grumble:

We had a productive day. DH got our bedroom window shades in order. Some of the lines that pull them up or let them down weren’t working properly and he fixed them all. :star: I went down to the boat and set the heaters on low heat for the winter. They circulate warm air and keep the boat clean and dry inside.

We heard from our son and DDIL. They’ve adopted a puppy. His picture reminds me of the dog DDIL had when she and our son first met. Sammy was their matchmaker back then. I don’t know what the new dog will be named. I’m looking forward to finding out.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • Machka9
    KJLaMore wrote: »
    Peach- I turned 54 on Wednesday, the 18th. It wasn't a great day. Tim is not a birthday person. To him, at our age, birthdays just mean we are closer to death. Exasperating man! But seriously, I was so exhausted by the end of the day, Wednesday. That was the day of "poopy accidents" :( So when Tim asked if I wanted to order dinner from somewhere, I told him that he could order for himself, but I was just going to have wine and go to bed. lol KJ (Kelly)

Happy Birthday!

You're just a little bit ahead of me in age ... I venture into 54 in about 3.5 months. :)