My "before" pics + about me!

Options

I am a 26 year old recreational runner training for my first marathon!

Last year, I started a new job doing what I love most in the world—working with horses. However, the stress of my work environment and physical demands of my job gradually led me to adopt unhealthy habits, like excessive snacking, binging on desserts at night, skipping out on exercise, and just generally not taking care of myself.

I was supposed to be training to run a marathon with my dad in October, but when the event was cancelled due to the pandemic I stopped training entirely. Now, we have registered for another marathon in April, and I am more determined than ever to get back in shape.

I know my weight loss goal is not that large compared to many others on this site—I only want to lose 10lb, with a primary focus on getting in shape and making healthier choices—but I am hoping that being a part of the community on MyFitnessPal will keep me accountable and help me stay on track.

These are my "before" pictures (please ignore the serial killer expression on my face, I don't know why I did that :D ), and I'm excited to share the "after"s when I meet my goal!

k8clvrlhehjk.jpg

Replies

• monicasusanna1991
    Options
    Hi there, you look really slim. I wish that I only had ten pounds to lose (I'm aiming for 30). I think most people have put on weight during the pandemic. I know I have (10kg!). I was in great shape before but the pandemic plus my mum being diagnosed with cancer got me in a dark hole. Now my mum is better I'm more motivated to lose the weight. I want to upload my own pictures but apparently the size is too big.
  • 3greyhorses
    3greyhorses Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Fellow horse girl here! I'm older and have more to lose, but I'm determined to get back into shape so I can be a better athlete for these 3! I also run :)
    What type of riding do you do? I event and need to be fit for cross country.

amhhdq5ea8ns.png