What We're Eating

Replies

• LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    Brunch: prosciutto, leftover Asian/Sesame slaw
    Dinner: homemade black bean chili topped with homemade salsa, more leftover slaw, 1/2 avocado
    Snacks: leftover mango salsa, 85% dark chocolate, clementine, pecans
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Breakfast: coffee
    Lunch: giant smoothie (strawberries, raspberries, homemade full fat yogurt, spinach, cucumber, cabbage, chickpeas, protein powder)
    Dinner: an African peanut stew inspired soup with lentils, zucchini, carrots, green beans, both peanut butter and peanuts, plus salmon.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,241 Member
    Breakfast: Nothing
    Lunch: Ham and cheese sandwich, cheese puffs
    Snack: Cheeze Its
    Dinner: Veggie yellow curry (potato, carrot, onion, zucchini), rice, mini naan
    Snack: 2 pieces of white chocolate with raspberries
  • hawksgirl229
    hawksgirl229 Posts: 467 Member
    Breakfast
    Chocolate protein shake with cool whip, a drizzle of sugar free chocolate syrup, and a few pecans on top. L1 cup green tea.
    Lunch
    Ham and Swiss rye sandwich with lettuce, tomato, cranberry mustard and mayo. Spicy pickles and a few sourdough pretzels on the side. A small diet coke
    After lunch
    1 cup coffee with Splenda and half and half on the way to pick up my mom at the dentist (2 hour appointment for another crown. We are 3 down with one left.)
    Dinner
    Peaches and cottage cheese with a cup of tea
  • LazyBlondeChef
    edited November 2020
    Breakfast: espresso with 1/2 tsp maple syrup
    Brunch: potatoes, red onions and eggs fried in ghee, grapes, two cups ginger green tea
    Dinner: leftovers of black bean chili with salsa and slaw, added sliced almonds to slaw
    Snack: clementine, 85% dark chocolate
  • Athijade
    Breakfast: Egg sandwich with ham and cheese
    Lunch: Rice bowl with chicken meatballs and veggie stir fry
    Snack: Berries with whipped cream
    Dinner: Veggie yellow curry (potato, carrot, onion, zucchini), rice, mini naan
    Snack: Cheese and crackers
  • LazyBlondeChef
    edited November 2020
    Brunch: Nancy's probiotic cottage cheese, 3 green olives, 2 slices prosciutto, 2 clementines
    Dinner: One-Pan chicken & roasted veggies (Brussels sprouts & butternut squash)
    Snack: 85% dark chocolate, celery with almond butter; ginger green tea

I made the one-pan chicken & roasted veggies from the MFP blog. It was pretty good but if you don't like fennel you'll probably want to omit it. I also used poultry seasoning (rosemary, sage & thyme) instead of only sage.
    https://blog.myfitnesspal.com/one-pan-chicken-roasted-veggies/
  • lemurcat2
    Breakfast: tea and coffee (only one cup of coffee vs. what I usually have)
    Lunch: had to go to my office downtown, so got a turkey sandwich at Potbelly's plus a side of broccoli cheddar, very indulgent
    Dinner: halibut with a light lemon caper sauce plus a big salad (bunch of different veg plus some kalamata olives)
  • rainingribbons
    rainingribbons Posts: 1,051 Member
    Breakfast: Coffee with creamer
    Lunch: Leftover beef stew
    Snack: Greek yogurt with raspberries, cup of tea
    Dinner: Spinach and chickpea rice pilaf with sauteed lemon shrimp
  • Athijade
    Lunch: Cheese, crackers, and ham
    Snack: Nothing
    Dinner: Hamburger helper (the Aldi version), broccoli
    Snack: Hot chocolate

• LazyBlondeChef
    Brunch: One-Pan chicken & roasted veggies (Brussels sprouts & butternut squash)
    Dinner: Salad: power greens, green olives, tomato, prosciutto, avocado, olive oil, balsamico & Nancy's probiotic cottage cheese
    Snacks: pecan nuts, seedless green grapes, 4 cups ginger green tea
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Breakfast: avocado toast with bagel seasoning, fried egg w/ salsa, coffee.

Lunch: Gardenburger patty on toast with mustard, pickle & lettuce. Sweet potato cauliflower tots. Smoothie made with frozen banana, almond milk, cocoa & cinnamon.

Mid-Afternoon snack: toast with butter, chamomile tea, 1/2 orange.

Dinner: homemade thin wheat crust pizza with marinara, cheese, mushrooms, red onion & green olives.
  • Athijade
    Lunch: French Onion soup and half a steak and cheese sandwich from Panera
    Snack: Cheddar puffs
    Dinner: Aldi version of Hamburger Helper
    Snack: Chocolate chip cookie
  • seltzermint555
    Thanksgiving...I normally hate all the food, but this year we're spending it with my mom (just three of us for safety reasons) and having "the usual meal". This is my plan.

Breakfast: raspberry fridge oats with Greek yogurt, flax & chia seeds. Pumpkin flavored coffee with a splash of almond milk.

Lunch: couple pieces of turkey, one roll slathered with honey butter, a LOT of plain green beans (not a casserole), 2 bites of stuffing to make my mom happy (ugh)...cranberry sauce, small slice of pumpkin pie with whipped topping.

Dinner: kung pao chickpeas with green onion & chopped cabbage.
  • lemurcat2
    Breakfast: coffee
    Lunch: huge smoothie (trying out new protein powder -- smoothie had chocolate protein powder, half an avocado, homemade yogurt, chickpeas, spinach, cucumber, and strawberries)
    Dinner: leftover pork shoulder with potatoes, broccolini, and cauliflower
  • LazyBlondeChef
    edited November 2020
    Breakfast: iced espresso
    Brunch: fried potatoes (with sage, thyme, onion and garlic) and two fried eggs in ghee
    Dinner: turkey, sweet potato, mashed potatoes w/gravy, cranberry sauce, sliver of pumpkin cheesecake pie, red wine, shot of spiced rum
  • lemurcat2
    edited November 2020
    Brunch: Sausage, potatoes, roasted broccoli and cauliflower, 1% cottage cheese
    Thanksgiving dinner (modified for 2020): Venison loin with a sauce made of fresh cranberries, stock, onions, and herbs; roasted root veg (turnips, carrots, and parsnips); and succotash made with kabocha squash, corn, lima beans, onions, summer squash, and herbs. Added to that, my sister made my mom's favorite Thanksgiving dish (a casserole involving broccoli, cauliflower, cheese, and croutons that came from some magazine back in the day, but is tasty and very much Thanksgiving to both my sister and me), and I was gifted a bakery apple pie (of which there is an unfortunate amount left and my sister wouldn't take any, so I will be fitting it in to the rest of the weekend, beginning today, probably).
  • rainingribbons
    rainingribbons Posts: 1,051 Member
    Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! <3

Yesterday -
    Breakfast: Coffee with creamer, leftover spinach and chickpea rice pilaf topped with a fried egg
    Lunch: Friendsgiving with a few coworkers: A little turkey and ham, slow cooked meatballs, mac and cheese, green beans, a roll, and wine
    Dinner: At home with significant other and younger brother: Tomato and basil cod in a white wine sauce, roasted brussel sprouts, homemade mashed potatoes, 2 jalapeno and cheddar shortbread cookies
    Dessert: 1 slice pumpkin cheesecake

Today:
    Breakfast: 2 jalapeno cheddar shortbread cookies, coffee with creamer
    Lunch: Leftover cod with mashed potatoes
    Dinner: Breakfast! Spinach, red pepper, and turkey sausage egg hash with a biscuit topped with honey
    Dessert: Either a slice of pumpkin cheesecake or dark chocolate bourbon pecan pie
  • Athijade
    Breakfast: Cinnamon Rolls and hot chocolate
    Lunch: Nothing
    Snack: Nothing
    Dinner: Turkey, stuffing, green bean casserole, sweet potato casserole, and gravy
    Snack: Pecan pie
  • seltzermint555
    Breakfast: two toaster waffles w/ butter & sugar free syrup, fried egg w/ salsa, coffee.

Lunch: turkey salad w/ celery & walnuts on toast, a little cranberry sauce & homemade tomato-based veggie soup.

Dinner: Mexican casserole (beans, rice, cheese & light sour cream with various peppers). 1/2 banana & some dark chocolate hummus for dessert.