50 pounds to lose - starting again - join me with weekly check-ins and support

1333435363739»

Replies

• azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    For my American friends celebrating Thanksgiving next week and everyone looking forward to celebrating Christmas. Here is an article from my health coach with some strategies to get through the holiday. I thought it would be the same old advice but this actually is realistic. Let me know if you can’t see and I will ask permission to copy and paste or summarize the strategies.

https://med3fitness.com/2020/11/nutrition-for-the-holidays/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=nutrition-for-the-holidays
  • RandJ6280
    RandJ6280 Posts: 1,162 Member
    Hello... it is to late to join in?

I was doing good then life hit my square in the face.... gained 5 lbs back. I was down 10lbs since the lock down in Marc. I want to get those 5 lbs gone by end of the year. Then press on for my other 20 lbs I need to lose.
  • kcd394
    kcd394 Posts: 382 Member
    Yeah people are jumping on here and there joining the thread. Welcome.

Haven't updated in a while... the last 2 months have been rough. I hadnt really been focused on logging as much and let a lot of things slide. I was trying to consciously try not to overdo it too much but there were more than a few days in there i lost control. Had been down to a new low of 181 and then life stress took more of a front seat than my weight loss journey and i lost a little control. All the while though i didn't backslide too much. Was gentle with myself and kept hanging in there, knowing a day would soon come that I could put mental energy towards my journey again. Back slid to about 183 or 185 one day... but after a week or two of trying to refocus and reel in my goals again I'm back to 178 which is a new low for me this go round. I had set a mini goal of 175 by next sunday. And last week I thought there's no way i can reach that, but now it seems not so far away. Might be a little late in attaining it, but I think I can get back on track here. My recent setback was COVID 19. Currently recovering from the illness which was mild for me thankfully. Keep working on your goals you guys. Slow and steady wins the race. Doesn't matter how slow your progress. If you're moving you are still lapping anyone still on the couch.
  • azkunk
    kcd394 wrote: »
    Yeah people are jumping on here and there joining the thread. Welcome.

Haven't updated in a while... the last 2 months have been rough. I hadnt really been focused on logging as much and let a lot of things slide. I was trying to consciously try not to overdo it too much but there were more than a few days in there i lost control. Had been down to a new low of 181 and then life stress took more of a front seat than my weight loss journey and i lost a little control. All the while though i didn't backslide too much. Was gentle with myself and kept hanging in there, knowing a day would soon come that I could put mental energy towards my journey again. Back slid to about 183 or 185 one day... but after a week or two of trying to refocus and reel in my goals again I'm back to 178 which is a new low for me this go round. I had set a mini goal of 175 by next sunday. And last week I thought there's no way i can reach that, but now it seems not so far away. Might be a little late in attaining it, but I think I can get back on track here. My recent setback was COVID 19. Currently recovering from the illness which was mild for me thankfully. Keep working on your goals you guys. Slow and steady wins the race. Doesn't matter how slow your progress. If you're moving you are still lapping anyone still on the couch.

I’m glad you are feeling better. As a nurse, I’m the one who has kept her kids online for school and dance class. It’s really getting to my daughter but it’s just not worth the risk. I’m glad you case was mild. Things are starting to get out of control here in AZ and I am amazed by how many people do not take this seriously.

You did great keeping your weight in more of a maintenance mode and that 175 goal is within reach.
  • azkunk
    SW:207 (5/1/20)
    CW: 183.4
    GW: 157
    Mini goal: 182 (halfway to goal)
    Total weight lost: 23.7

Only 0.5 loss this week. I was hoping to reach 182 by the end of the month but with Thanksgiving next week, I’m not sure I’ll make it.
  • azkunk
    If anyone is looking for a more structured support group, I highly recommend the below. It’s an awesome group!
    Hi all!

It’s recruiting time for the F2F group. Share the link below with your friends. Maybe they would like to try the group.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10816568/registration-for-new-members-december-2020#latest
  • katiemcm1125
    katiemcm1125 Posts: 26 Member
    I have gained a lot due to chronic depression and a lot of stress from my job, my divorce, and my mother’s passing. Thanks for the motivation!

Start weight: 246
    First goal: 200 by summer 2021
    Next goal: 170 however long it takes
  • Steph1015
    Steph1015 Posts: 119 Member
    edited December 2020
    Happy to join. Have about 60 pounds to lose.
    Please add me
    SW 218
    CW 200
    GW 140-145