Intermittent Fasting buddies needed

Hi, I just started IF again. Need to lose some, ahem, visceral fat that I had too good a time putting on while stressed over elections and Covid-19. I've done it once before and it really helped. This time having a harder time sticking to it and staying motivated. But as Chris Martenson of the Peak Prosperity podcasts on Covid-19 so eloquently put it "We will either come out of this pandemic "fit or fat". Would love some buddies to check in with once in awhile to motivate each other. My goal is to do every day IF with eating from 9AM to 3PM. Working down to that slowly. L0L! Would love to hear from you.

Replies

• kixton
    kixton Posts: 2 Member
    Hi KealoloSue! Happy to be an accountability buddy! Would love to know more about you: age, location, height, weight, goals, etc. I'm not on this forum much, but we can figure out how to best stay in touch.
  • Njuzu
    Njuzu Posts: 3 Member
    Hello. I'm an intermittent fasting enthusiast. I usually stick to one meal a day 22:2. I generally have all my calories in one leisurely long meal. I drink herbal teas, water and coffee the rest of the day. Feel free to add me.🌻
  • KealoloSue
    KealoloSue Posts: 16 Member
    Hi Kixton. Thrilled to have you as my buddy. Is there a way that we can private message via MFP? That we can share email addresses if you prefer. You may be like me - preferring to be a bit more private for our details and because email is sometimes easier to keep up with.

• KealoloSue
    Njuzu - very happy to have you as my buddy! I'm not too familar with how to do things in Community. How do I "add" someone and what does that mean? Your IMF is very strict. How is it working for you and how do you feel?
  • KealoloSue
    edited November 2020
    My basics are that I am a senior citizen, live in Hawaii. I'm 5' tall and needing to build up muscle and lose visceral fat in legs and abdomen. My weight is considered clinically "low" but it is obvious to me that inches, not lbs has to be my criteria. Definitely a round tummy that was not there last year and my "whoops- if these don't fit over my hips anymore - I'm in trouble - jean shorts" are not letting me lie to myself. I'd like to think that they are shrinking but since I've had them for 10 years - Doubtful. L0L! Pretty clear that I've gained in fat what I've lost in muscle mass. So the weight is the same but the composition is not. Boo ! I have a border collie and pre-Covid we were involved in doggy sports. Now training at home and I need to make an effort to get out more. Surprisingly, just telling my dog to jump on and off furniture and run through a tunnel is not losing one iota of my fat. Oh well! So I'm starting some online YMCA classes since I can't go to the gym in-person. My goals are that along with IMF I will be adding in more exercise slowly and improving fitness. I tend to get all excited and "will do this the rest of my life" and then quit after 3 days so my buddies here will be invaluable in keeping me motivated as it is too embarrassing to report having reverted to be lazy. You are needed ! L0L!

And you?

• PremGandhi
    PremGandhi Posts: 115 Member
    KealoloSue wrote: »
    My basics are that I am a senior citizen, live in Hawaii. I'm 5' tall and needing to build up muscle and lose visceral fat in legs and abdomen. My weight is considered clinically "low" but it is obvious to me that inches, not lbs has to be my criteria. Definitely a round tummy that was not there last year and my "whoops- if these don't fit over my hips anymore - I'm in trouble - jean shorts" are not letting me lie to myself. I'd like to think that they are shrinking but since I've had them for 10 years - Doubtful. L0L! Pretty clear that I've gained in fat what I've lost in muscle mass. So the weight is the same but the composition is not. Boo ! I have a border collie and pre-Covid we were involved in doggy sports. Now training at home and I need to make an effort to get out more. Surprisingly, just telling my dog to jump on and off furniture and run through a tunnel is not losing one iota of my fat. Oh well! So I'm starting some online YMCA classes since I can't go to the gym in-person. My goals are that along with IMF I will be adding in more exercise slowly and improving fitness. I tend to get all excited and "will do this the rest of my life" and then quit after 3 days so my buddies here will be invaluable in keeping me motivated as it is too embarrassing to report having reverted to be lazy. You are needed ! L0L!

And you?

Hi ma'am, just for your information - there is no visceral fat in legs. It is by definition the fat around the organs in abdomen. My mom did this IF thing religiously (I mean literally she made a promise in front of God- haha) for about 15 months 3 times each in last10 years. She gains it back in an year when she stops and every time it becomes harder and harder for her to do this. I think you should probably try something else or not stop the IF at all once you get on it. Good luck!
  • KealoloSue
    edited November 2020
    Hi PremGandhi - thanks so much for the info! You are right. I should have noted that I need to lose "just plain ole fat!" as well. L0L! And don't worry too much about me gaining tons of weight. I tend to freak once I get a comfy, rotund tummy and slim back down. Just takes longer now that I'm a senior citizen (how did that happen!) . Mainly I am doing this to break the habit of snacking at night. Setting a time to stop really helps. Hugs to you and your mom!