The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Diatonic12 wrote: »
    @slimgirljo15 Here I am over in your tree house. Hope you're having a wonderful evening, lovely. You'll be hitting the hay here shortly. Catch you on the flipside, darlin'.

🤗 morning sweet D
  • 1HugoG
    1HugoG Posts: 36 Member
    LesField wrote: »
    The morning after the op and its back to work later today.
    fd6y10iwcn8a.jpg

Wow, that was fast. You must really love work BTW :D

Indeed !
  • LunaTheFatCat
    LunaTheFatCat Posts: 237 Member
    Good morning everyone and Happy Monday if there is such a thing!

@cgrout78 well are you all zennnn now?

Today marks 100 days back on MFP for me, how time flies! Glad I made to decision to get back here, I've been fluting around for a few years with the covid pounds to top it up and I'm glad I took the reins back again.
  • BenCHarrison1981
    BenCHarrison1981 Posts: 18 Member
    Hi All new to the group here just looking for some support and I can give it back - Lost 6 stone about 3 years ago but with Covid Lockdown and the gym closed I have been falling into bad habits as stuck at home with cupboards full of food. Need to drop 21LBS. Please feel free to add me just looking to give and receive encouragement and accountability. I'm based in the UK. Thanks
  • cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,679 Member
    @LunaTheFatCat well, I was until I got home and realized no had run the dishwasher all weekend and there were dishes piled up all over the place, the garbages were overflowing and dirty laundry all over the house. Am I the only one who sees those things???? I love my family but wow...

Oh the dogs were so excited to see me when I got home they wouldn't leave my side...theyre actually both literally sitting on my feet right now even. I guess I'm needed?
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    cgrout78 wrote: »
    @LunaTheFatCat well, I was until I got home and realized no had run the dishwasher all weekend and there were dishes piled up all over the place, the garbages were overflowing and dirty laundry all over the house. Am I the only one who sees those things???? I love my family but wow...

Oh the dogs were so excited to see me when I got home they wouldn't leave my side...theyre actually both literally sitting on my feet right now even. I guess I'm needed?

Isn't that always the way it is? I used to go away for an overnight for skating competitions and one in particular I came home to a boy crying in a bathtub, he had a UTI but hubs thought a bath would make everything good and hubs trying to make me dinner and burning his hand touching a hot pan, the burn really wasn't bad. So I basically had to run to the drugstore and finish and clean up dinner. It's not worth going away I've learned. Usually I return to McDonald's take out bags and pizza boxes.

Happy Monday everyone!!
  • LunaTheFatCat
    Uuurgh that's SO typical. My childer prefer to trip over their schoolbags rather than to pick the bloody things up.

We got 2 new kittens yesterday and eldest has them in her room, as that's the safest place where they cannot get themselves hurt or lost. Last night she actually texted me, yes texted, that one of the kittens had done a poop in the litter tray and that I needed to clean it. She's nearly 14. Do it your effing self! :o
  • Katerr1kk
    Katerr1kk Posts: 81 Member
    Anyone feel free to add me! I've used MFP for years but still never worked out how to add people!
  • mybumwobbles
    mybumwobbles Posts: 2 Member
    Hello people. New on here. But I ran 10k today on the treadmill. I shock.com lol
  • cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,679 Member
    LesField wrote: »
    Upgraded my coffee machine yesterday (help the feel good factor due to my operation) and I'm now drinking far too many skinny latte's. 480 calories today... Dohhh.
    Going to have to slow down the coffee or give up a meal.

qjk1mf0yqcyp.jpg
    wow...that is beautiful!!! I think I'd be doing the same!!
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 12,941 Member
    Aside from quiche, I haven't made a pie in 40 years. Ok, maybe only 30 or 35 years. It's been nearly 20 years since I made a quiche as far as I can remember.

I have a bunch of berries in the freezer in vacuum sealed bags from my garden this summer. I would freeze them on trays then seal them after they're frozen. Well, I noticed a bag of marionberries seemed to have a broken seal; the bag was puffy. I bought some whole wheat pastry flour the other day. I was going to make a tart. I was thinking I'd use that little tart pan that was my grandmother's. I couldn't find the darn thing. Well.... then I think I realized I never had a tart pan. It was my ex's tart pan I was thinking of. Silly me. So pie it would be. I found a little bag of blueberries that also might have had a bad seal. Made a crust with half whole wheat pastry flour and half straight up whole wheat flour. Mostly just that and butter and a little salt. I mixed the berries with a fair bit less sugar than the recipes I was finding. It's off cooling for now. When I'm done with my martini, I'll go make an experimental batch of fish soup loosely based on a style of chowder I had in Port Townsend that doesn't have cream OR tomato -- just a nice broth with a little curry, some vegetables, and some fish. I might add a little back bacon just because....
    sgu3rc5knkxb.jpg

• slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    mtaratoot wrote: »
    Aside from quiche, I haven't made a pie in 40 years. Ok, maybe only 30 or 35 years. It's been nearly 20 years since I made a quiche as far as I can remember.

I have a bunch of berries in the freezer in vacuum sealed bags from my garden this summer. I would freeze them on trays then seal them after they're frozen. Well, I noticed a bag of marionberries seemed to have a broken seal; the bag was puffy. I bought some whole wheat pastry flour the other day. I was going to make a tart. I was thinking I'd use that little tart pan that was my grandmother's. I couldn't find the darn thing. Well.... then I think I realized I never had a tart pan. It was my ex's tart pan I was thinking of. Silly me. So pie it would be. I found a little bag of blueberries that also might have had a bad seal. Made a crust with half whole wheat pastry flour and half straight up whole wheat flour. Mostly just that and butter and a little salt. I mixed the berries with a fair bit less sugar than the recipes I was finding. It's off cooling for now. When I'm done with my martini, I'll go make an experimental batch of fish soup loosely based on a style of chowder I had in Port Townsend that doesn't have cream OR tomato -- just a nice broth with a little curry, some vegetables, and some fish. I might add a little back bacon just because....
    sgu3rc5knkxb.jpg

Looks deeeelicious🤤
  • Katerr1kk
    Katerr1kk Posts: 81 Member
    Oh that pie looks beautiful!
  • LunaTheFatCat
    Wow looks fab @mtaratoot !

And welcome, @VegjoyP :)
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,693 Member
    Wow looks fab @mtaratoot !