Non Scale Victories

Replies

• _inHisGrace
    _inHisGrace Posts: 183 Member
    @conniewilkins56 no fit bit but I have thought about getting one. I want one for the pool I’ve heard there are ones that can go in water.
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    @conniewilkins56 no fit bit but I have thought about getting one. I want one for the pool I’ve heard there are ones that can go in water.

I have a waterproof Versa Fitbit I got on sale for $99 dollars last Feb....I like it and it picks up my exercise in the pool but misses some of the steps in the pool....
  • gewel321
    gewel321 Posts: 718 Member
    My iwatch goes in the water and I LOVE it. it allows me to leave my phone at home and still receive message and calculate all my exercise both in the water and outside. It also allows me to change the volume or song on my Bluetooth speaker while I'm working out. If I'm not feeling the song that's playing I don't work out as hard. lol
  • gewel321
    gewel321 Posts: 718 Member
    @conniewilkins56 I finally had to bite the bullet and go buy new underwear this weekend. I was in a size 10. I pulled a 9 off the shelf and looked at the sizing and according to the back of the bag it was still too big. I bought a size 7. I freaking size 7!! They are tight but fit. Though really I think underwear is supposed to fit tighter and not sag down lol.
  • conniewilkins56
    gewel321 wrote: »
    @conniewilkins56 I finally had to bite the bullet and go buy new underwear this weekend. I was in a size 10. I pulled a 9 off the shelf and looked at the sizing and according to the back of the bag it was still too big. I bought a size 7. I freaking size 7!! They are tight but fit. Though really I think underwear is supposed to fit tighter and not sag down lol.

Isn’t it insane to be so excited about buying new underwear? Lol
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,545 Member
    ...do you have a Fitbit?....mine reminds me to get 250 steps in every hour....it helps!

I have had my Fitbit for about 2 weeks - and I love this hourly reminder. And it has lead to a new NSV. 3 minutes to go to get 245 step in one day last week, I thought I would try a slow, kind of jog in place. Haven't done anything like that in a very long time. Did it. Didn't kill me. Didn't hurt anything. 90 pounds down has made such a huge difference, but sometimes I forget because you don't just wake up and go - wow - I'm so much lighter.

And very very early this morning I went for an MRI - hopefully in prep for a soon to come shoulder surgery. It was so much easier now that a few years ago. Still, my arms touched both sides of the tube - but I had a lot more space so wasn't quite as terrifyingly claustrophobic.

It is so nice to be a member of this group because noone else in my life gets this kinda of thing and it feels like I'm just making a big fuss when I share these little victories - but here I know you all understand.

• _inHisGrace
    I cooked the whole day thanksgiving without sitting down. My leg hurt a little last night but I did it!!
  • conniewilkins56
    I cooked the whole day thanksgiving without sitting down. My leg hurt a little last night but I did it!!

I will admit I had to take a few sit down breaks but I am twice as old as you lol....you did a great job!...my toes were killing me from water jogging...new water shoes are on my list....
  • _inHisGrace
    Oh I took breaks, I didn’t mean to imply that. I just didn’t sit while cooking like I have been for the past year or so.
  • _inHisGrace
    My sister said I need new pants!! I didn’t think anyone could really tell I lost weight. Made me feel good but I’m not buying anything unless I have to.

I’m a long way from my goal and I’m not trying to break the bank on clothes. Especially since I’m not working.

• eliezalot
    eliezalot Posts: 620 Member
    My sister said I need new pants!! I didn’t think anyone could really tell I lost weight. Made me feel good but I’m not buying anything unless I have to.

I’m a long way from my goal and I’m not trying to break the bank on clothes. Especially since I’m not working.

Congrats! I usually do thrift stores for new pants, but not with covid. Check out thredup or poshmark online - there is a lot of variety and sizes. plus you can sell your older too-big ones. It has helped me through the last 4 sizes!
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,545 Member
    My sister said I need new pants!! I didn’t think anyone could really tell I lost weight.

Woohoo! Congratulations.

• rieraclaelin
    rieraclaelin Posts: 115 Member
    My husband can now stand behind me, wrap his arms around my stomach, and actually lace his fingers together now, which is an awesome feeling.

My jeans have also gotten uncomfortably saggy in the, uh, middle regions :p but I'm holding off on buying new jeans for as long as possible. Luckily I'm still not working, thanks to covid, so unless I have to go out for something, I've been living in pajama pants.
  • _inHisGrace
    That’s awesome!
  • conniewilkins56
    Yesterday I had a bunch of NSV......my sweat pants from a year ago were sliding off of my hips.....I sat comfortably in a booth....my granddaughter asked me if all I was having for lunch was a salad.....then she told me I was really looking skinny lol.....I shopped for 7 hours with my granddaughter and I wore HER out!....
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,982 Member
    the shopping and wearing her out must have felt fantastic, Connie! Congratulations! :grin:
  • conniewilkins56
    the shopping and wearing her out must have felt fantastic, Connie! Congratulations! :grin:

Someone should wear that girl out....she is high maintenance!....but yes, it did me good to see her fall asleep in the car and I had to drive!
  • bobsburgersfan
    bobsburgersfan Posts: 6,273 Member
    gewel321 wrote: »

Isn’t it insane to be so excited about buying new underwear? Lol
    I recently bought some new underwear and I probably should have gone down a size. They were fairly expensive, so I guess I'll be wearing them until they are baggy.