I need to vent for a sec

I decided to do the Chloe Ting 28 Day Flat Belly Challenge. I already have a relatively flat tummy, but no definition. I took measurements, photos, video at the beginning, including video of my workout itself.

I have made literally no progress. Same weight, measurements, appearance, and seemingly no improvement in my ability to do the workouts. I worked out every day for 28 days, 30-60 minutes a day. Sweat my *kitten* off, did yoga after each workout and then walked a few miles. I ate healthy and hit almost all macros, and saw nada.

This sucks.

Replies

• snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    If you're already at a good weight then you might want to look into recomp. You eat at maintenance and do lifting. There's a long thread running on it. It's slow but works. It might be what you're looking for.
  • AddieNicole1991
    AddieNicole1991 Posts: 8 Member
    Yeah I hear all of you. I want to lift but with COVID right now, the gym isn't really a safe option for me. I know that is ultimately what I need to do, but I was hoping to see at least something with how much work I was putting in.
  • MidlifeCrisisFitness
    MidlifeCrisisFitness Posts: 1,106 Member
    Body weight exercises and dumbbells are sufficient.
  • MidlifeCrisisFitness
    MidlifeCrisisFitness Posts: 1,106 Member
    Yep took me a year to go from almost there to yes!
    It was an extra 5 lbs below my target goal to get nice definition.
  • Theoldguy1
    Theoldguy1 Posts: 2,427 Member
    I decided to do the Chloe Ting 28 Day Flat Belly Challenge. I already have a relatively flat tummy, but no definition. I took measurements, photos, video at the beginning, including video of my workout itself.

I have made literally no progress. Same weight, measurements, appearance, and seemingly no improvement in my ability to do the workouts. I worked out every day for 28 days, 30-60 minutes a day. Sweat my *kitten* off, did yoga after each workout and then walked a few miles. I ate healthy and hit almost all macros, and saw nada.

This sucks.

As others have mentioned abs atr made in the kitchen. I googled the person who's workouts you're following as I never heard of her. Seems to be more of a YouTube personality instead of and actual fitness professional.

"Chloe Ting - Wikipedia" https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chloe_Ting
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Yeah I hear all of you. I want to lift but with COVID right now, the gym isn't really a safe option for me. I know that is ultimately what I need to do, but I was hoping to see at least something with how much work I was putting in.

Firstly congrats on putting in work.

There are many options at home training with home equipment either conventional or nonconventional thing we find around the house.

Like mentioned above you should not expect to see change in one month other than possible weight loss.

Also sweat doesn't equate a good or bad workout. Sweat is just the body's way if cooling us down. I can sweat on a hot summer day working on my motorcycle in the sun. I would expect to have noticeable body composition change.

Perhaps seek programming that is more known to reflect changes you want that unvol e equipment you have access to.

• djaxon1
    djaxon1 Posts: 82 Member
    You have done really very well.
    It is "the fitness industry " that has failed. It lied.
    Chloe Ting : 2 Weeks Shred Challenge, Abs Workout | 3 Weeks Challenge, 35 day booty program
    10 Mins Toned, Get Abs in 2 WEEKS, Exercise To Lose Weight FAST
    She is an entertainer. They used to call it show business.
    Others mention the last little results take the longest - I can totally appreciate that.
    My slow unfocused weight loss - face slims down first , belly last.
    You might find other, more realistic, articles on the net but use your BS detectors and common sense.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Cynical old me would wonder two things:
    • What exercises did Chloe Ting do to get her physique?
    • How long did it take her?
    The answers probably include a lot of weight training and a very long period of time.

These transformational in a very short timescale workouts are just marketing, just like hiring a fitness model to advertise the latest gadget or supplement - they didn't use that gadget or supplement to get that physique just like Chloe probably did a lot more than jigging around to a YouTube workout.

If following the programme was enjoyable, motivational and beneficial to you then great but don't believe the hype or be disappointed that unrealistic expectatations turned out to to be exactly that.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Why are we all (on all sides) so willing to run around screaming Fake News! yet at the same time so willing to let our guard down to influencers and disguised, ineffective or sometimes dangerous weight loss sales pitches?

As @djaxon1 succinctly says:
    ... use your BS detectors and common sense.
  • Theoldguy1
    Theoldguy1 Posts: 2,427 Member
    djaxon1 wrote: »
    You have done really very well.
    It is "the fitness industry " that has failed. It lied.
    Chloe Ting : 2 Weeks Shred Challenge, Abs Workout | 3 Weeks Challenge, 35 day booty program
    10 Mins Toned, Get Abs in 2 WEEKS, Exercise To Lose Weight FAST
    She is an entertainer. They used to call it show business.
    Others mention the last little results take the longest - I can totally appreciate that.
    My slow unfocused weight loss - face slims down first , belly last.
    You might find other, more realistic, articles on the net but use your BS detectors and common sense.

100% agree. In my view if someone has "influencer" as part of their job description my BS detector is on high alert and I'm looking elsewhere for information.
  • SnifterPug
    SnifterPug Posts: 746 Member
    I have no idea what exercises are actually entailed. Is there nothing you can use/do to measure progress? You may not have any visible results yet but 28 days of working consistently and trying to push yourself a little further each day really ought to give you something to show for it at the end, even if it's just a slightly longer plank time.
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,257 Member
    My gym is closed too, and I don't have the money or space for a home gym. I've been doing a body weight progression and it's surprisingly challenging. I'm really just trying to keep up my strength since I had only added resistance training into my workouts two years ago. You Are Your Own Gym is a good one.
  • Katerr1kk
    Katerr1kk Posts: 81 Member
    I have seen incredible definition in my abs from doing YouTube pilates for the last six months (and I've had 3 pregnancies and c-sections). I have never ever had any core strength but it has really changed my body. 4 weeks is just no time at all - it really takes long term effort!