Cathe Fans Part 5

Replies

• lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,404 Member
    Morning Ladies,

Temps in the high 20's!!! Oh well. This weekend was quiet, but I did get a lot done as far as my project list. I was able to get started on a new banner for church. This one will be for Epiphany, so I was using my cricuit to cut out the wise men. I now have fabric everywhere, because I decided to make the kinks robes in colors instead of just doing the silhouette. Changed it up a little and did Jessica's Boost Metabolism + Muscle Circuit Upper Body.

Laurel, Awesome combination of workouts! Glad to hear that the Peloton workouts are giving you that variety that I think we all need to stay focused on our workouts. I am always surprised at how well Jessica gives such a solid workout that I feel afterwards. I'm probably going to mix her workouts and Cathe workout until the end of December. I probably will not be getting back into STS until I retire. :D

Thelma, Your weather sounds a lot like what we had Saturday and Sunday. Great job on your workout. Nice that your favorite instructor is having virtual classes, and it includes barre so a bonus. I'm actually going to do some of the barre workouts that Jessica has. We usually start having snow around this time. Very often we have it for Thanksgiving, and the hunters like it because it is easier to track the deer.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,757 Member
    Hi Ladies. Hope you enjoyed the weekend. Ours was busy but good. We got some things done around the house while the weather is still nice. For workouts, on Saturday I did Jessica’s Barefoot Cardio Core from Walk Strong 3 followed by 45 minutes of yoga with Kristin McGee. Yesterday was Cathe Live Oh My Glutes and a 30 minute spin. Today was S&S Total Body Giant Sets Upper Body premix x3, followed by S&S Core. For cardio, I did Perfect 30 High Impact HiiT and Bonus Pyramid HiiT. Love this workout!!

Thelma, great workouts. Like you, our leaves are almost gone. We spent Saturday trying to get them out of the yard. I am glad you are going to be able to enjoy virtual classes again.

Laurie, great workout. I understand not being able to do STS when you work. They are some seriously long workouts. Those are some cold high temperatures but I suppose it is that time of year. Love the sound of the new banners.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,494 Member
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Monday Gina B. Low Impact Cardio, Total Body Giant Sets upper body premix and Ashtanga Yoga.
    Every time I do the ashtanga class my thighs work so hard! My inner thighs are throbbing! I will have nice DOMS tomorrow.

The temperature this morning was 31 degrees, it was windy and cold!

Laurie, cold temps there too! Good job getting things done on your project list. The church banner is going to look great. I bet all those colors will look amazing!

I am really happy to have my favorite instructor back. I can't wait for the Barre classes to start. I've never tried Jessica's Barre classes. I should check them out. You do get snow early!

Laurel, good job getting things done around the house! Great workouts!!!

Thankfully we don't have a lot of leaves around here. All DH needs is a leaf blower to make a pile and then dumps them into a ditch at the beginning of our property.

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning was Jessica's Build Balance + Inner Strength Core Control. She always surprises me by getting the hr up on a fairly easy workout. I enjoyed this one a lot, since it was all standing balance and core work. I could also not wear shoes, something that is nice to do once in a while. I just looked at my typing from yesterday, and it was horrible.

Laurel, Great job on all your workouts. I'm going to be trying that Pyramid workout this week for my cardio. I'm going to try getting in as many Jessica workouts as I can. I know that there are some that I have not tried out yet.
    Our temps are going to be getting warmer toward the end of the week.

Thelma, Love the workouts, and hope the DOMS are not to bad for you tomorrow. I would have thought that Jessica would do more barre type workouts since she has a dance background. You can tell by the way she holds her hands. Reminds me of my dd when she was in dance. You are having some cold temps also. I think that I need to get into my crafting space after work and clean some things up. I don't like going down there and having to spend an hour cleaning up before I can continue on with my intended project.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was Total Body Giant Sets Lower Body x2 premix. For cardio, I did Cathe Live Cardio Crush and then added on a 10 minute yoga class from Peloton focused on the hamstrings. Once again I have promised myself to try to add on more stretching or yoga throughout the week during this new rotation. We’ll see how it goes, but between yesterday’s Perfect 30 Extended Stretch and today’s yoga, so far it has been great. :)

Thelma, great workouts! Hope you aren’t too sore from the yoga. We don’t have nearly as many leaves in the yard this year now that we have houses on both sides of us. So instead of raking endlessly this year, DH is mulching the leaves with the lawn mower. That is far easier on my back! Though, truth be told, aside from the back pain, I did love my time raking leaves over the last two years. But DH is right that with our current amount, our grass will benefit from giving it the nutrients those fallen leaves provide.

Laurie, great workout. I love the sound of that one. Is it a DVD? I have really noticed a change in my balance as I have gotten older, and it one of the things I love working on through yoga. That Jessica workout sounds like one I would enjoy. Jessica has so many workouts between her YouTube channel and her DVDs that I know I would never be able to put a dent in getting them all done. She really has something for almost every occasion when it comes to workouts.

Until tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Tuesday were Gina B low impact cardio, Ying Yang yoga and Total Body Giant Sets lower body premix.
    I did a lot of leg stretches last night so I wouldn't be too sore this morning and it worked. Today's yoga class worked my thighs again which is nice.

Temps dropped into the high 20's last night! We went food shopping early this morning and it wasn't too bad because it was sunny and we were bundled up. It became very windy around mid-morning and then it felt really cold!

Laurie, great workouts! I like the name of that Jessica Smith workout! I just looked it up and it is one of her DVDs. Bummer because I would've liked to do it.

I agree that Jessica Smith has a dancing background. It really is strange that she doesn't do more Barre workouts. Maybe she needs to be certified?
    You must have a large crafting area because I imagine you need to spread out all your materials so you can see the different colors and shapes.

Laurel, fantastic workout combo! I'm glad you're adding a little stretch routine to your week! It really helps.

Surprisingly I'm not sore. This week I'm having problems with my lower back/hips. They feel tight. I haven't done Zumba in a few days and I think that may be part of my problem. Zumba is good for my hips!
    Great idea to mulch the leaves with the lawn mower! Save your back!

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

I almost forgot to post, guess is was a busy morning. :D This morning my workout was Jessica's Boost Metabolism + Muscle Circuit #2 Lower Focus. Such a good workout.

Laurel, Great job on your workouts and that you have been getting in some good stretching. Yes, the workout I did yesterday was from her DVD's. The Build Balance + Inner Strength has three 30 min. workouts on it. I have been really noticing that her workouts concentrate on the balance part. Even the lower body workout used balance quite a bit. DOMS were present this morning, and I think that I will have some tomorrow from the lower work also. As I'm sitting her typing I can feel my core has been worked really good this week.

Thelma, Awesome job on the workouts, and getting your stretching in also. Glad to hear that it helped with you not having the soreness. You are getting some really cold temps. Ya, sorry to say that one is a DVD. I actually have payed for the digital version, but it really is a good one to have. I have an old dining room table that I purchased from Goodwill that I use for my crafting. It has drop leaves so I can make it smaller. So far that table has not gotten smaller since I set it up. :D

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was a fun 45 minute spin with Peloton followed by Perfect 30 Mobility Basics and Core. I am still enjoying this Perfect 30 workout quite a bit.

Thelma, great workouts. Glad you aren’t too sore from your other workouts. DH and I just returned from a walk, and despite the nice sunshine, it is definitely chilly outside. I love it! We aren’t as cold as you, but I think we finally got down to freezing last night.

Laurie, great workout. I am going to check out that Build Balance DVD because I love doing Jessica workouts on Saturday mornings as an all over body warm-up before yoga, and those sound like they may be a good addition to my collection for that. And I can always use more core work!

Enjoy the day.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Wednesday were zumba and Gentle Flow yoga. My lower back feels better but it needs more work!

Our temps dropped below 30 last night. We had a cool, sunny day today.

Laurie, great workouts!
    I am glad I took the time to stretch my lower body the other night to prevent DOMS! I'm going to have to look into that Jessica Smith workout. Great find on that dining room table for your craft room! Funny that you've never dropped the table's leaves to make it smaller!

Laurel, great workouts today!

It is nice to go for walks on cool, sunny days! It's nice to go out for walks on cool weather like this.

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning was Jessica's Prehab Routine from her Walk Strong series. So glad that it was a gentle workout this morning, because I stubbed my baby toe on Dh's shoes, and it is bruised. So it was nice not to have to wear shoes. Right now the toe is not happy, so I hope that it's just a bruise.

Laurel, Great job on your workouts, and getting those P30 workouts into the rotation. I have them on my schedule for next week. I would say that the Jessica workouts on this DVD would be perfect for what you are looking for. I really enjoyed the one that I did, and will be trying out the Poise and Grace tomorrow.

Thelma, Love the workouts, and I'm glad to hear that your back is feeling better. We are going to be warming up today, and it was actually a nice but windy morning. I will let you know what the other workouts are like on this DVD, so far the first one was a keeper. I was happy with the way my core felt for the whole day after doing that one.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was Body Blast Supersets Upper Body Blast premix followed by Cathe Live All Low Impact Kickboxing, HiiT and Core. And DH and I took another nice walk enjoying this lovely autumn weather.

Thelma, great workouts. I am glad your back is doing better. Hopefully that continues. I have noticed my hamstrings have been really tight all week, but I can’t quite place why that would be the case. But that always makes my lower back sore. I keep stretching, which seems to help.

Laurie, I am sorry about the toe injury. Like you said, hopefully it is just a bruise. I ordered that Jessica DVD. I read the descriptions and the reviews, and I do think they will be perfect for me on my Saturday mornings. Thank you for mentioning them because I never would have seen them otherwise. Like we talked about earlier this week, Jessica just has so many workouts!

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Thursday were Zumba and Body Blast Supersets Upper Body Premix.
    My back is doing better but now my knee is bothering me. I can't win!

We had a warmer day today! We also had a gray fox visit our property. So beautiful!

Laurie, I'm sorry about your toe! Good for you for getting a workout in!

I can't wait to hear what you think about Jessica's workouts!

Laurel, great workout combo!
    My hamstrings were tight and that causes my back to get tight too.
    I saw a Peloton ad on facebook and they are offering a free membership for 30 days. I'm tempted to try it. Maybe it will help me get back into riding my spinning bike.

Have a great weekend ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    edited November 2020
    Morning Ladies,

This morning was Jessica's Build Balance + Inner Strength Poise and Grace. Another really good one, that I didn't have to wear shoes for. She did use weights in this one, but they where light. I used 3lb., and that was perfect for me because she does a lot of balance moves on one leg for quite a while. I was sweating during this because you really do use your legs throughout the whole workout. I will be interested to see if I have DOMS. My toe is better, but still sensitive.

Laurel, Love the workouts! You do have to take advantage of the weather when it is nice. This morning I had my winter coat on, and I really didn't need to. I think that you will like the purchase of this DVD for your warm up to yoga. The workouts are something (like yoga), that you don't realize your body really needs. I want to make sure that I have more balance strength as I age, so these are perfect for that. It is to bad that Jessica has so many, but I'm determined to try all that I have purchased. ;) Not that I have a lot. :D

Thelma, Great job on the workouts! Glad to hear the back is okay, but dang on the knee. Yay on the warmer day, and that you where able to see the gray fox. Hope that my explanation of the workout is a good one. I always question my ability to give a good review.

Have a great weekend,
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was Cathe’s live class from yesterday which was Express Legs: Moderate Weight, followed by a 30 minute Peloton spin and 30 minutes of yoga. I went off track a little on the rotation today because I will be doing another workout this afternoon with Cathe and the start of the Virtual Road Trip. So I did a ‘setted’ lower body workout (adhering to the theme of the rotation) last Sunday so I could do something a little lighter today. And since Cathe did this lower body workout yesterday as she gets ready for the Road Trip, I thought it would be perfect for today...and it was.

Thelma, great workouts! As the weather has gotten cooler, I kind of feeling like I have rotating aching body parts too. Hope your knee feels better soon...and nothing else starts hurting. You know I love the Peloton app, so I am going to say it is worth a look at for a free trial. I love that they have every variety of spin classes that vary in length between 5 minutes and 75 minutes and a variety of styles of spin (HiiT, Climb, music-driven, etc) which means varying intensity. And, of course, there are a variety of instructors that focus on different things, have different personalities, etc. In addition, there are strength classes, stretching classes, cardio classes and, my favorite, yoga classes. Given that I use Cathe for most of my non-spin and non-yoga workouts, I don’t venture too much into other areas of the app, minus doing some post-ride stretches. But it is worth looking around in case you find something you like, especially, again, if it is free. For me, my body does not love impact anymore, but I still love intensity. And the only way I can get really high cardio intensity anymore is spinning. I love how I feel after a really intense spin, whereas if I do a tough high impact workout, I have a tendency to feel good for a few minutes and then I want to rub my body in Flex All. B) Anyhow, just some thoughts on the app.

Laurie, great workout. I really love the sound of these workouts and can’t wait to give them a try. Thank you again for suggesting them. Glad to hear your toe is feeling better. Hopefully it will be as good as new soon.

DH is supposed to be on leave next week, but I will check in when I can. And if Cathe reveals anything in the Road Trip like a new series or something, I will be sure to share. :o Enjoy the weekend!

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, I hope you had a nice weekend. Ours as usual was quiet and nice.
    I had to take it easy on Friday because my knee felt very fragile as if something would break inside if I made the wrong move. I did a gentle yoga stretch class which was. I stretched and massaged my thigh all weekend and it finally feels better but it's not back 100% yet. My back is back to normal thankfully!

My workouts on Sunday were yoga and LIS Total Body Trisets - Chest/Shoulders/Triceps. Thanks for selecting shorter workouts for this week Laurel!

We had beautiful weather but it turned very windy on Sunday afternoon which continued into the night and even rained for a little while. Monday night will be our last night of temps into the low 30's. The rest of the week will be warmer and night temps will be in the 40's.

Laurie, another JS workout that sounds like a keeper! How many workouts are in that series? I'm so glad your toe is doing better!

Your workout explanation was great. Thank you!

Laurel, fantastic workout combo on Friday!
    My knee problem is my usual muscle imbalance but this time around I couldn't tell that's what it was. I have no idea what happened with my back but it could've been tight hamstrings.
    I know you love the Peloton app. The promotional video I watched showed what looked like an amazing Barre class. The app is very affordable too. I think it was $12.99/month.
    My body doesn't like impact anymore but since I started doing Zumba I was able to start doing a little jumping again and I was OK with it. Spinning really is a good workout minus the impact! I am going to check it out.
    Enjoy the road trip and the time with your DH!

Have a wonderful week!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning Jessica's Burn Fat + Have Fun Steady, Ready, Go. Not a tough workout, but it was fun. We had a nice but busy weekend. Saturday we celebrated Thanksgiving with the girls, so that they can have their turkey day free to be with their significant others families. We are not going on our annual pilgrimage to WI Dells, most of my family decided not to go. I'm okay with that, the girls and I will be doing some fabric shopping or my new banner.

Laurel, Great job on all the workouts! I hope that you enjoy the Virtual Road Trip, and I will be interested in whatever she will be announcing. Enjoy your week!

Thelma, What a scary experience for you with your knee, but good job on finding something that worked for your situation. I hope that you are able to start using your bike again for spinning, I'm sure that would be a great way to do low impact work and help with you knee. There are three workouts on the Jessica DVD, and they are all 30 min. workouts. I will be trying out the last workout on that DVD on Wednesday.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Monday were Gina B. Hiit Walk, LIS Total Body Trisets - Lower Body Split and Ashtanga Yoga.

My knee felt almost normal today before my workouts but not after. It didn't like the little cardio I did and I could feel the muscle imbalance kick in. I've been doing a lot of stretching and massaging. I've had this problem with muscle imbalance since the year 1999!

Laurie, great workout! I'm so glad you had you had a chance to celebrate Thanksgiving with your girls! How thoughtful of you to have your celebration early so the girls can do their own celebration. Sounds like a good idea to skip the pilgrimage. I know you'll have a blast with the girls fabric shopping! Are you taking time off this week?

The knee scared me and today it felt like that a little bit but not as bad as Friday. Now that I know for sure it is a muscle imbalance I know what to do to make it better.
    I haven't started the Peloton trial yet. It was a busy day! DH and I went to NC in the morning and the afternoon was all about working out! I hope you like the third workout from that series!

Good night!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning was P30 Lower Body. We had snow this morning, but nothing that will be sticking around. The temps are going to rise, and everything will turn to rain.

Thelma, Great job on the workouts. Hope that knee continues to improve. Glad that you are able to help your muscle imbalance as much as you can. I will let you know what that workout is like tomorrow. The title is Inner Strength Balance and Agility, so it will be interesting to see what it is like. My youngest's bf thanked me for the turkey dinner, because his family will not be having a turkey. They are having lobster, so he appreciated the tradition. :) Thanksgiving is one meal that I do enjoy making. I think it will be a lot of fun fabric shopping with my dd's. I know that they will be able to help me figure the colors for the mountains that I want to make. I'm working all week, but we have Thursday and Friday as holidays. I didn't see a reason to take off any of these days, since we really are not doing anything.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Whew! It has been a busy but fun few days. First off, the Road Trip was really fantastic. Cathe took a lot of time to just sit and chat with everybody, which went surprisingly well via Zoom. In some ways, it felt more personal than the in-person Road Trip. And the workouts were great. She incorporated quite a bit of Perfect 30, which I loved. No new announcements on workouts since it sounds like it has been very difficult for Cathe with COVID and her gym. But she is enthusiastic about her new products with more on the way. The one idea she has for future workouts uses a product she hasn’t released yet which is fabric bands. I have never even heard of them, but some of the other participants seemed excited by this announcement.

For workouts, on Friday I finished with the Road Trip Kickboxing and Core. Saturday Road Trip workouts were Lower Body and Low Impact HiiT, Metabolic Total Body, and Yoga/Mobility. I felt pretty worn out on Sunday, so I did my usual Saturday routine starting with Jessica Smith Build Balance Core Control. Thank you, Laurie, for recommending this DVD!! I absolutely loved this workout, and it felt really good on my body. Just what I look for in my Saturday workouts. I am really excited to try the other workouts on this DVD. I followed it with 45 minutes of yoga with Kristin McGee. Yesterday was LIS Lower Body Trisets and a 30 minute HiiT and Hills spin with Peloton. Then, DH spent the day putting all of the Christmas decorations up. It was physically brutal!! But the house looks beautiful. My workout today, with a tired body, was LIS Upper Body Trisets and Perfect 30 Low Impact HiiT and Bonus HiiT Pyramid.

Thelma, I am sorry to hear about your knee. Hopefully it continues to feel better. Glad you are enjoying the shorter workouts this week. Me too....except for today playing ‘catch up’ on the upper body workouts. I find the Peloton app to be very reasonably priced for what they offer. I so want to try one of the Barre classes because I love the instructors who teach them. I just haven’t....yet.

Laurie, great workouts. I bet the snow was nice while it lasted. I have never been a big fan of snowing turning into rain, though. I always think ‘ice’. Thank you, again, for the recommendation of Jessica’s Build Balance and Inner Strength. It was absolutely perfect for me on Sunday. I couldn’t help but think of you this weekend during the Road Trip! It sounds like Cathe wants to do more of these, even during ‘normal’ times, and I really like that idea.

Enjoy the day!

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Tuesday were Zumba, Yang & Yin Yoga, LIS Total Body Trisets - Back/Biceps/Core, 10 minute spin ride.

My knee was in rough shape all day but I kept working out, stretching and massaging and tonight it feels MUCH better.

I'm doing lots of yoga classes this week each day Sunday thru Friday! I hadn't signed up for a class tomorrow but my favorite instructor and virtual studio owner gave me a free class for my opinion. She knows I will tell her if I don't like an instructor. She had a 6:30 pm class on Fridays and I told her that was too late for me. She took a poll and it turned out that it was too late for others too.

We are going to be having warmer temps for the next few days which is nice. Someone from our town posted on FB that we may have snow on Monday according to his weather app!

Laurie, awesome workout! I'm glad you didn't a lot of snow. You're going to have warmer temps too!

How nice of your dd's bf to thank you for the turkey dinner!
    Great idea to have the girls help you choose the fabric for your mountains! I'm glad you get Friday off!

Laurel, I am so glad you enjoyed the virtual Virtual Road Trip! I'm sure it's been very difficult for gym owners all over the country. At least Cathe has a good following and online workouts. Interesting about the fabric bands. I wonder if she'll start doing aerial yoga. I would love to try that. There is one place here that teaches it but it's very expensive and with COVID I don't feel comfortable going there.

WOW! That was a lot of working out! Good job!!! We should be doing our Christmas decorations this weekend. We just have two trees but this year I want to add some lights around the house.
    My knee is doing better. Thanks for asking. I've yet to sign up for the Peloton app. I don't want to start the trial and not have time to do the workouts.

Good night ladies!
    Thelma