Welcome New Members!

Replies

• path7975
    path7975 Posts: 25 Member
    Hi I’m Pat
    I have been keto for 8 yrs (after having had cancer). I love this way of eating and never feel deprived of any food as I learnt at the very beginning to ketofy all the foods I loved. I use shiratiki noodles & rice to go with pasta sauces, curry’s and stir fry’s. I have over the years gone up & down weight wise but now at 70+ it’s time to finally lose the last 5 kgs. Good luck to everyone 🍀
  • AquaMeow
    AquaMeow Posts: 296 Member
    Heyyyyy add me!
  • HHdeern66
    HHdeern66 Posts: 23 Member
    I have just ditched WW because obviously I have a problem with portion control. I know counting calories works, I just need to focus and not try to wing it. I'm my own worst enemy when it comes to weight loss. I could use some support. Maybe a weekly virtual "check in" with a group? Some kind of accountability would be nice. Do we have this here?
  • loutelmah
    loutelmah Posts: 1 Member
    Hi guys, can anyone tell me why I cant change the serving size, except from what's given as examples? Do I have to be a premium member for that? Thanks in advance! :)
  • Maiang428
    Maiang428 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi! Not really new to this app but this has helped me before and hoping that this would help me again :)
  • Kelz2517
    Kelz2517 Posts: 2 Member
    Hi. I'm 29 and im really looking for an accountability buddy. I started at 240lbs in June and now im 205lbs. I have been using MyFitnessPal the entire way, I honestly owe this app so much. My problem is that its the holiday season now and I really need someone to help me through this temptation. I want to lose 30 more pounds by May 2021.
  • Steph00h
    Steph00h Posts: 3 Member
    loutelmah wrote: »
    Hi guys, can anyone tell me why I cant change the serving size, except from what's given as examples? Do I have to be a premium member for that? Thanks in advance! :)

Most food in the database has 1gram options so if something weighs 132 grams you just do 132 servings of 1 gram. It'll look like 1 serving if 132g in your diary x
  • Steph00h
    Steph00h Posts: 3 Member
    Hellooo to everyone out there. Good luck to us all. Looking forward to helping eachother x
  • 1HugoG
    1HugoG Posts: 36 Member
    Kelz2517 wrote: »
    Hi. I'm 29 and im really looking for an accountability buddy. I started at 240lbs in June and now im 205lbs. I have been using MyFitnessPal the entire way, I honestly owe this app so much. My problem is that its the holiday season now and I really need someone to help me through this temptation. I want to lose 30 more pounds by May 2021.

The bright side is thaT we have to stay away from family, friends and their piles of food because of COVID.
    Some of the tricks I learned going through the National Diabetes Foundation’s program at the Y is to keep veggies handy, and hold a glass/bottle of water at parties to keep people from shoving more alcohol into one’s hands.

Also working out before going to parties helps one eat reasonably w/o looking like an outcast.

• alexandlee1
    alexandlee1 Posts: 6 Member
    Hi everyone - using the app just to help keep track of how foods combine.
    One thing I wish people would know that sodium is 40% of product salt content when adding sodium level in the new food section :)
  • AquaMeow
    AquaMeow Posts: 296 Member
    Welcome newcomers!!! Add me ive been on here for a year and the fitness community here is pretty cool!
  • JulioM997
    JulioM997 Posts: 13 Member
    Happy Thanksgiving all!
  • mrschef04
    mrschef04 Posts: 4 Member
    Feel free to add me. 44 year old climber wanting to lean down!
  • lisa1225anne
    lisa1225anne Posts: 36 Member
    Hi all! Looking for some support on my journey to being more fit. Can't wait to share and read all your stories.

Hello, looking for support in weight loss.
  • chels618
    chels618 Posts: 1 Member
    just joined. excited to start on my weight loss journey! heard great things about MFP and how it helps tremendously to track calories! this is my first time ever doing it and i hope to see results in one month!
  • Hi everyone. I’m new to MFP. Looking to lose 75 lbs through exercise and nutrition. Harder to do In my 50’s, but I'm more than capable with a Support group. Thanks,
  • chellenkc
    chellenkc Posts: 1 Member
    Hello everyone! I've been off and on with MFP for years. I'm totally sticking to it this time as I am trying to track my saturated fat. Doc diagnosed me with high cholesterol. I also quit smoking with the help of patches. A lot of changes for me and I am determined to stick to it.
  • cherwarshawski
    cherwarshawski Posts: 4 Member
    Hello, I'm new and have decided to lose weight healthfully. I am on medications that cause weight gain, and I am heavier than I have ever been.
  • emilytbrock21
    emilytbrock21 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi! I've been on this app a few times in the past but had a hard time following through and sticking to a routine. I'm trying to make it stick this time because I'm getting married next year! I bought my dress a size up then my current dress size so in case I gain weight the dress will still fit. I've recently decided that I want to lose weight and take in the dress so that I feel confident and sexy on my wedding day. Fingers crossed!
  • EliteFitAtl
    EliteFitAtl Posts: 3 Member
    You have a lot of time to get ready. You can do it Emily you deserve it you are worth it!!! This time will be different have faith we got your back. You are about to make the rest of your life the best of your life. Those wedding pictures will be so beautiful and those memories will last for ever. If my wife and I could do it you and your future hubby can do it too. You are not average You are ELITE Born for greatness 2021 will be different for you... this year you will go into the year with RESULTS and no health or fitness resolutions, and Feeling extra confident and Sexy in that little wedding dress!!! We got your back check your DM I have some Free ELITE Resources that will help you stay accountable, motivated, and empowered!