Myfitnesspal

Message Boards Chit-Chat
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Little things that irk you 🤬

Replies

• JessBbodyJessBbody Member Posts: 524 Member Member Posts: 524 Member
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    vanityy99 wrote: »
    Attractive person posts pic- attention seeking. When men give them props- it’s thurst.

Mediocre person post- “yasss girl, look at this beauty queen”. When men give them props- it’s nice, no problem.

I’m all for hyping someone up, but let’s keep the same energy for everyone.

As a devil's advocate and self-proclaimed "MFP Selfie Super Fan" (CV/portfolio available in both the Dad and Mom Bod threads 😭), I don't know what or who is attractive vs mediocre.

I compliment/cheer the overall confidence to post in the first place, specific aspects of a pic (like all the gorgeous eyes 👀, y'all have) or follow up with a question.

I'd post on every pic if I could but even I realize that looks odd...'n thirsty 🤣

You're a good soul.

• YoshiboobsYoshiboobs Member Posts: 1,091 Member Member Posts: 1,091 Member
    Working with the gf. This has negatively effected our relationship for sure.
  • glassyoglassyo Member Posts: 5,145 Member Member Posts: 5,145 Member
    I actually remembered to reorder contact lenses before my current prescription ran out but the last place I bought them has moved on to birth control. Now I have to do the whole comparing prices on websites thing again. Cuz I'm cheap. 😀
  • honeybee__12honeybee__12 Member, Premium Posts: 15,628 Member Member, Premium Posts: 15,628 Member
    It seems like every time I talk to my ex on the phone he’s either eating something or doing some project while we’re on the phone talking.
    He’s a super busy guy but seems like sometimes he could sit down and just talk.
  • MaltedTeaMaltedTea Member, Premium Posts: 5,141 Member Member, Premium Posts: 5,141 Member
    Revolu7 wrote: »
    Stop with the term "Latinx" .......there is not one person in my hispanic or Latino community that was in need of a gender neutral term. Its another case of fixing an issue for a minority group by those outside of it that wasnt asked for or needed.

As someone who favors PeroLike as their source of perspective on youngish adults, I still didn't know this term was so contentious. Thanks for the heads up @Revolu7

There's a similar conversation about gendered language going on across the Francophonie. Since French is not mother tongue, it's not my battle to fight but it's an interesting conversation. Anyhooo, PeroLike did a video on the term Latinx, should anyone care to watch and learn...

• MelG7777MelG7777 Member Posts: 9,993 Member Member Posts: 9,993 Member
    Stop with the term "Latinx" .......there is not one person in my hispanic or Latino community that was in need of a gender neutral term. Its another case of fixing an issue for a minority group by those outside of it that wasnt asked for or needed.

A girl I watch on YouTube sometimes just posted a video. It’s confusing to know what is even considered “proper”.

Hispanic=People with origins in Spanish speaking countries in Latin America including Spain and excluding Brazil
    Latino=More geographical based like South America/The Caribbean and not Spain since it’s in Europe

What are we supposed to say these days? It’s hard to keep up. Does it matter?
  • tmantwotmantwo Member Posts: 2,208 Member Member Posts: 2,208 Member
    ^ Again, I thank you, sir.
    edited November 2020
  • MelG7777MelG7777 Member Posts: 9,993 Member Member Posts: 9,993 Member
    MelG7777 wrote: »

A girl I watch on YouTube sometimes just posted a video. It’s confusing to know what is even considered “proper”.

Hispanic=People with origins in Spanish speaking countries in Latin America including Spain and excluding Brazil
    Latino=More geographical based like South America/The Caribbean and not Spain since it’s in Europe

I spend 90% of my days with other Hispanics and Latinos. Whether its politi ally correct or not how we figure it is if you speak Spanish you are Hispanic, if you speak Portuguese like the Brazilians do you are Latino. But the only one using Latinx is media and the "educated". Now im sure there may be others that use the term, but i live in NY and its a pretty diverse place and i see nobody using the term that may actually fit the bill. So many outside looking to help the "less fortunate minorities" think they need to stick their noses in and fix things how they think it should be. Let me tell you something, we need to be treated fairly and thats it. We dont need any handouts and we sure as hell dont need help in fixing our language.

I wasn’t saying you did. I was just curious if anything is considered offensive or more proper than the other. I’ve always thought I was being proper by saying “Hispanic” but was wondering if maybe I had been wrong. Sounds like it’s fine.
  • Revolu7Revolu7 Member Posts: 590 Member Member Posts: 590 Member

I spend 90% of my days with other Hispanics and Latinos. Whether its politi ally correct or not how we figure it is if you speak Spanish you are Hispanic, if you speak Portuguese like the Brazilians do you are Latino. But the only one using Latinx is media and the "educated". Now im sure there may be others that use the term, but i live in NY and its a pretty diverse place and i see nobody using the term that may actually fit the bill. So many outside looking to help the "less fortunate minorities" think they need to stick their noses in and fix things how they think it should be. Let me tell you something, we need to be treated fairly and thats it. We dont need any handouts and we sure as hell dont need help in fixing our language.

I wasn’t saying you did. I was just curious if anything is considered offensive or more proper than the other. I’ve always thought I was being proper by saying “Hispanic” but was wondering if maybe I had been wrong. Sounds like it’s fine.

Nah, its just words. Words are harmless, intent behind words is all that matters. If you say something wrong i know you as a sweet person, there should be no offense taken. If someone chooses to correct you thats ok too......but to get offended, thats just zomeone looking for trouble.
  • honeybee__12honeybee__12 Member, Premium Posts: 15,628 Member Member, Premium Posts: 15,628 Member

I’m in Oklahoma,
    I have never heard that term used.
    I’ve never even heard the word. 🤷🏼‍♀️
  • slimgirljo15slimgirljo15 Member, Premium Posts: 258,309 Member Member, Premium Posts: 258,309 Member
    I got my beard caught in my jacket zipper. That was fairly irksome.

Mental picture is kinda funny though 😁 Did you lose any beard?
  • stevehenderson776stevehenderson776 Member Posts: 324 Member Member Posts: 324 Member
    Do the French get a California friendly gender-neutral language modification too? Françaisx?
  • Revolu7Revolu7 Member Posts: 590 Member Member Posts: 590 Member

I’m in Oklahoma,

I want to live with you 😁
  • stevehenderson776stevehenderson776 Member Posts: 324 Member Member Posts: 324 Member

A little, but I have plenty to spare.
  • slimgirljo15slimgirljo15 Member, Premium Posts: 258,309 Member Member, Premium Posts: 258,309 Member

I’m in Oklahoma,

Me neither.. Im not even sure I've heard a Hispanic or Latino irl😄 🤷‍♀️

A little, but I have plenty to spare.

No gaps I hope..