What foods are just not worth the # of calories?

Replies

• Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited November 2020
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »
    MsCzar wrote: »
    You can quickly check out the labels and compare sugar-free to sugared here:

https://www.amazon.com/Royal-Instant-Pudding-Dessert-Vanilla/dp/B005JD4QLC?th=1

For that brand, yes. I would never buy that brand of SF. I buy jello brand which is only 25 cal per serving whereas regular is 100 cal per serving (4 serving per container). Definitely worth it since I eat 2-3 boxes a day, lol.

What I do is buy this: gb8iq9plhred.png - 20 calories/pouch and makes 2 cups. I flavor it with steeped fruity herbal tea and stevia.

Isn't it just like SF jello not pudding though? I really hate jello lol.
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    senalay788 wrote: »
    Not worth it: Sugar-free pudding. It's has only 10 fewer calories per serving than the sugared version with a zillion more chemicals. Same goes for sugar-free whipped topping. I rarely eat either, but when I do, I buy the regular kind with sugar.

Show me the "10 fewer calorie" versions.

this is what I think about low fat sour cream or cottage cheese or yogurt vs. Full fat
  • pancakerunner
    Not worth it: Sugar-free pudding. It's has only 10 fewer calories per serving than the sugared version with a zillion more chemicals. Same goes for sugar-free whipped topping. I rarely eat either, but when I do, I buy the regular kind with sugar.

Show me the "10 fewer calorie" versions.

this is what I think about low fat sour cream or cottage cheese or yogurt vs. Full fat

Well I wouldnt go that far....
    Oikos 0% is 100cal / 175g
    Oikos 4% is 150cal / 175g

Not worth it to me, nor is anything FF to be honest. The products I buy, no difference to me.

I would happily take the extra 50 calories
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    @Noreenmarie1234 - Yes...sorry this is just gelatin - not pudding.

Simply Delish is 100 calories for the whole package - haven't tried this though:
    c2mkj0eavj3q.png
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    For me and me only
    French fries
    Potato chips
    Most pies
    Most cakes
    Most candy bars.
    Grocery store danish (would definitely eat a good-looking homemade one)
    Grocery store or deli biscuits. (Still occasionally eat a homemade one)
    Most cinnamon rolls.
    Most grocery store cookies.
    Regular lemon squares.
    Graham cracker crust.
    Anything from McDonalds or Burger King except oatmeal.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »
    @Noreenmarie1234 - Yes...sorry this is just gelatin - not pudding.

Simply Delish is 100 calories for the whole package - haven't tried this though:
    c2mkj0eavj3q.png

I've tried these and they are amazing. Same calories as jello SF, but I loved the strawberry. I found they are a lot thicker than the SF jello brand.
  • pancakerunner
    For me and me only
    French fries
    Potato chips
    Most pies
    Most cakes
    Most candy bars.
    Most cinnamon rolls.
    Regular lemon squares.
    Graham cracker crust.

with you on most of this
  • AshHeartsJesus
    AshHeartsJesus Posts: 460 Member
    I tried the simply delish after my oral surgery it is pretty good but pricey. I won't buy the aspartame stuff so this was a good treat. Not something I could afford all the time though.
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,708 Member
    For me and me only
    French fries
    Potato chips
    Most pies
    Most cakes
    Most candy bars.
    Most cinnamon rolls.
    Regular lemon squares.
    Graham cracker crust.

with you on most of this
    SAME!

Graham crackers crust yes and no, I would post that on " if it didn't have calories" lol
  • Noreenmarie1234
    I tried the simply delish after my oral surgery it is pretty good but pricey. I won't buy the aspartame stuff so this was a good treat. Not something I could afford all the time though.

Its $2.49 CAD. How much of it do you eat?

Not OP, but I would buy this brand more if it was cheaper. I buy SF jello in bulk because I eat 3 boxes a day usually. It comes to around 50 cent a box. Plus I like the cheesecake, butterscotch and pistachio which they dont make. Not sure if they ship to canada but I wrote them asking for samples awhile back and they sent me a box of every flavor, might be worth a shot if anyone is wanting to try it free lol.
  • ExpressoLove11
    ExpressoLove11 Posts: 337 Member
    Cheap chocolate. It has to be Hotel Chocolat. Any kind of chain store coffee. Ice cream - I'll wait for gelato. Store bought pizza. Ready made pasta sauces - I'll make my own. Sigh. I guess I'm kinda fussy but I know what I like 😊
  • pancakerunner
    Pecan pie. I was eating the pecans off the top one day, cause that’s my favorite part. Then I realized I would probably be just as happy with candied pecans for fewer calories. Then I realized 2 or 3 candied pecans was enough, rather than the 10 or more on a slice of pie.

same. I find pecan pie wayyyyy too sweet
  • netitheyeti
    netitheyeti Posts: 539 Member
    edited November 2020
    some types of cake and cookies for me... I grabbed 2 (what I considered fairly small) cookies with my morning coffee a few days ago, then checked the calories to log them... 200+kcal for 2 bites? when I'm eating about 1500 a day? No thank you, not worth it, they're not *that* good
  • getitamb
    getitamb Posts: 2,019 Member
    Granola bars and cereal. Also. The Big Mac
  • getitamb
    getitamb Posts: 2,019 Member
    Also taco salads
  • pancakerunner
    getitamb wrote: »
    Granola bars and cereal. Also. The Big Mac

granola in general
  • Hostess Swiss Rolls, which sounded so good, but was really just chocolate flavored waxy sadness, for 410 calories. It was a moment of weakness on a road trip, and I regretted it almost immediately.
  • pancakerunner
    Hostess Swiss Rolls, which sounded so good, but was really just chocolate flavored waxy sadness, for 410 calories. It was a moment of weakness on a road trip, and I regretted it almost immediately.

little debbie swiss rolls tho >>>>>>>
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    Sodas
    Prepackaged baked goods
    Avocados
    Nuts