Something that Made You Feel Good Today

Replies

• _inHisGrace
    _inHisGrace Posts: 183 Member
    @MuttiNM great news! I love it!!
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,982 Member
    @MuttiNM

Wonderful news! that's great to hear! you definitely deserve to enjoy that "1" :)
  • eliezalot
    eliezalot Posts: 620 Member
    MuttiNM wrote: »
    I am finally "overweight" instead of "obese"! I'm down 250 pounds from my highest weight and 230.8 in just over 19 months. I've been in onederland for 7 weeks now. I still can't believe my weight starts with a 1. It has been probably 35 years since I last saw that. I still don't know what my goal weight should be. I just know I still have more than enough fat left to lose. But just for today, I'm going to enjoy being "overweight". Thanks for all the inspiring posts I read in this wonderful group! It helps so much!

PS
    When I went to the doctor last month, she told me that I'm a very healthy 62 year old. I almost laughed out loud when she said that. Even though most of my health markers were good in the past (better than they really should have been considering my weight), they were gradually getting worse. Now they were all very good. I think that's the first time in many years a doctor thought I was "very healthy". That made me feel good!

That is AMAZING! Congratulations!!
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,545 Member
    MuttiNM wrote: »
    I am finally "overweight" instead of "obese"! I'm down 250 pounds from my highest weight and 230.8 in just over 19 months. I've been in onederland for 7 weeks now. I still can't believe my weight starts with a 1. It has been probably 35 years since I last saw that. I still don't know what my goal weight should be. I just know I still have more than enough fat left to lose. But just for today, I'm going to enjoy being "overweight". Thanks for all the inspiring posts I read in this wonderful group! It helps so much!

PS
    When I went to the doctor last month, she told me that I'm a very healthy 62 year old. I almost laughed out loud when she said that. Even though most of my health markers were good in the past (better than they really should have been considering my weight), they were gradually getting worse. Now they were all very good. I think that's the first time in many years a doctor thought I was "very healthy". That made me feel good!

What an accomplishment. Congratulations!

This place is very inspirational - I haven't been here long but reading the posts always helps me center myself.
  • MuttiNM
    MuttiNM Posts: 240 Member
    @gewel321 That is good news! It must be somewhat of a relief to know that. Good luck going forward!
  • bmeadows380
    @gewel321 that is wonderful news! fantastic! And such a relief, I'm sure!
  • _inHisGrace
    _inHisGrace Posts: 183 Member
    @gewel321 Awesome! I’m super happy for you!!!!
  • eliezalot
    eliezalot Posts: 620 Member
    @gewel321 That is fantastic news!!! That calls for a celebration (these days I'm partial to glass of shower wine and a nap, but you do you!). I hope you can breathe a sigh of relief, and fully enjoy your holiday!
  • gewel321
    gewel321 Posts: 718 Member
    Thanks guys. It is a huge relief. I am still in a bit of pain from the procedure so no big celebrations but I am taking some time off this week to just chill with my family and eat some food!
  • bobsburgersfan
    bobsburgersfan Posts: 6,273 Member
    I'm dreadfully behind on these boards and just now catching up...

Congratulations to @conniewilkins56 and @MuttiNM for hitting such great milestones!

And @gewel321! I'm so happy they were able to remove everything. Here's to clean reports at your follow-up appointments.
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,545 Member
    Here I am, 40 years old and feeling like I'm 15 again lol I really am liking what I'm hearing so far, so keep your fingers crossed and for those that pray, pray very hard that what is best for us works out here!

I am still very cautious, though, even though I am quite enjoying the attention. It has only been 2 weeks so its still very, very new and things could easily still go south and we are just getting to know each other, so I am trying to keep my head firmly on my shoulders. I'm trying to keep alert as I don't want to get blindsided by something that I missed the warning signs for - which is why I ask my friends to keep a close eye on things and be my judgment for me. I told my best friend that I need her to be my Jiminy Cricket lol

What a great experience and something you don't expect when the world is upside down. Something fun and exciting! I haven't made it past these initial stages in awhile - but it has reached the point where I truly just enjoy the initial rush - because chances are good that is all I'm gonna get. :-)

Always smart to keep alert - but so darn hard when your heart rate is going mad.

And that is probably going to burn a bunch of extra calories!

Hope you are enjoying this to the fullest. Glad your deadlines are not til mid December.

• bmeadows380
    @amart4224

Thats fantastic news for you! I'm so glad you've gotten this opportunity, and you have my best wishes that it succeeds! And that would make a wonderful Christmas present for you :)
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    I stayed on track all day!...it really wasn’t that difficult....I feel so much better!
  • Rashel_kitten
    Rashel_kitten Posts: 81 Member
    @MuttiNM that's awesome news ! I have to look up when I'm not morbidly obese! Just obese would be amazing ! Sounds like a wonderful goal to meet ! Congratulations on that ! Keep up the awesome work!
  • Rashel_kitten
    Rashel_kitten Posts: 81 Member
    So I looked it up and I'm morbidly obese until I reach 230 lbs BMI of 38 which is 22.6 more pounds to loose ! I think thats one of my next goals now is to reach obese !
  • conniewilkins56
    So I looked it up and I'm morbidly obese until I reach 230 lbs BMI of 38 which is 22.6 more pounds to loose ! I think thats one of my next goals now is to reach obese !
    Keep going!....you can do it!
  • conniewilkins56
    It felt good to get on the scales again after 21 days and know I was going to lose weight!...I am trying so hard not to let the scales set my mood for the day!....