The Sober Squad- Alcohol Free Living

Options

Replies

• donimfp
    donimfp Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    Autocorrect wanted “stargazing “. Might be another good idea.
  • joelann10
    joelann10 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone! Happy Wednesday!

@JenT304 = I feel the same way. I am not going to beat myself up over food for the next couple days. It's the Holiday and honestly I would normally consume 700+ calories in alcohol each day. Without alcohol, I think I can make room for some pie!

@FeelinFooFoo = My husband likes to have the AF beer too. He really enjoys it especially with Pizza. I think his favorite is Coors. I'm afraid it will trigger me so I haven't even tasted it. I don't want to risk anything throwing me off track at this point.

Honestly, I'm feeling anxious about the holidays without alcohol. It'll be a first for us. But, I know if I just stick to my program, hit some zoom meetings, stay busy and I'm planning on staying away from people drinking around me, I'll make it. One minute, one day at a time. Next year it should be a piece of cake!
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    Tonight, I worked out and heard one woman say to her friend, 'I can't wait to have a drink". I thought "not me".
    Then, I thought, "mmmm that would be so nice."

As I drove home, I saw a local bar had lots of cars in front. And then I thought that some of those people will have a hangover on Thanksgiving. But not me and us! We have a curfew here, so people are probably drinking early to be home by covid curfew.

Tonight, I'll bake two pumpkin pies. I feel energetic because I worked out. I got a lot done today. All because I didn't drink today or yesterday.

At my parent's house they don't serve wine or alcohol anymore. I think they've noticed my sister and I don't drink anymore. They used to have a bottle of Chardonnay for me and red wine for Dad and Ex husband. *My sobriety has been a slow journey over the last two years but I have not drank on a holiday for quite some time. And Dad doesn't drink his red wine, since it doesn't agree with him (He's 81). So, that's a plus to not have any alcohol during holidays.

p.s. My mom was always such a controlled drinker. She'd pour a glass of wine and leave some behind. I would always marvel at that!
  • joelann10
    joelann10 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    @RubyRed427

All our bars are closed due to covid, so that's a good thing. The liquor store will be hopping tonight though! I usually swim ever day but that got closed down too.

Man, Chardonnay sounds good LOL It does! That's why I'm hunkering down tomorrow with hubby. I'll eat more than I should and be happy with it. I'm sure there will lots of zoom meetings tomorrow. Everyone gathered to get power off the fellowship!

Good for you for realizing how better we will feel in the morning! It's the truth! Have fun baking!
  • donimfp
    donimfp Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite perks of being alcohol free is the extra energy like you said @RubyRed427. I had to drive to Austin (30 miles away) to get a crown this morning— the dental kind. I broke a tooth about a month ago but waited till I was off work. That would’ve been about my limit before. I probably would have come home and had drinks to reward myself for dental bravery. Instead I made a potato casserole, a broccoli casserole, a yummy dip, cut veggies for dip, and pulled out some Thanksgiving-y decorations for our tiny (4-person) meal tomorrow. And cleaned up as I went. I never would have had the energy or stamina to do that while drinking. And I’m not even tired now. It probably took almost 4 months for this energy to show up once I quit drinking. It’s an unexpected blessing!
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    donimfp wrote: »
    One of my favorite perks of being alcohol free is the extra energy like you said @RubyRed427. I had to drive to Austin (30 miles away) to get a crown this morning— the dental kind. I broke a tooth about a month ago but waited till I was off work. That would’ve been about my limit before. I probably would have come home and had drinks to reward myself for dental bravery. Instead I made a potato casserole, a broccoli casserole, a yummy dip, cut veggies for dip, and pulled out some Thanksgiving-y decorations for our tiny (4-person) meal tomorrow. And cleaned up as I went. I never would have had the energy or stamina to do that while drinking. And I’m not even tired now. It probably took almost 4 months for this energy to show up once I quit drinking. It’s an unexpected blessing!

Happy your crown was successful.
    Yes!!! The extra energy and time we now have is crazy! Hours and hours of time and endless energy. Happy Thanksgiving!