Myfitnesspal

Message Boards Chit-Chat
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Little things that irk you 🤬

Replies

• MaltedTeaMaltedTea Member, Premium Posts: 5,631 Member Member, Premium Posts: 5,631 Member
    Do the French get a California friendly gender-neutral language modification too? Françaisx?

So far, French does not officially recognize gender neutral language. But then again, there are fancy jacket type people behind closed doors somewhere in France who - to this day - still sit around and decide which French words can stay or go. That said, "l’écriture inclusive" is a contemporary discussion that's been around before I was born.

For better or for worse, not every language is as fluid/flexible as English.

d8xkuog1mjyz.jpg
  • stevehenderson776stevehenderson776 Member Posts: 324 Member Member Posts: 324 Member
    I got my beard caught in my jacket zipper. That was fairly irksome.

Mental picture is kinda funny though 😁 Did you lose any beard?

A little, but I have plenty to spare.

No gaps I hope..

If there are there are 8 inches of beard in front to hide it lol
  • slimgirljo15slimgirljo15 Member, Premium Posts: 261,261 Member Member, Premium Posts: 261,261 Member

No gaps I hope..

Woah, thats some big beard. Nice.
    Bet its your pride and joy, looked after with all the right gear?
  • stevehenderson776stevehenderson776 Member Posts: 324 Member Member Posts: 324 Member

No gaps I hope..

Started it because I got sick of shaving. Now I'm getting a bit sick of having the beard. Might shave it off before Christmas.
  • slimgirljo15slimgirljo15 Member, Premium Posts: 261,261 Member Member, Premium Posts: 261,261 Member

No gaps I hope..

Started it because I got sick of shaving. Now I'm getting a bit sick of having the beard. Might shave it off before Christmas.

If you are where its cold for Christmas you might need the extra warmth.. better than a scarf maybe.
  • CacoEtherCacoEther Member Posts: 2,465 Member Member Posts: 2,465 Member

I can’t quit laughing at this visual 😁
  • Ironwoman1111Ironwoman1111 Member Posts: 1,817 Member Member Posts: 1,817 Member
    People freaking chewing. And it makes that crunching sound, and it’s dead silent in the room. And they just sit there and CHEW, I have to leave the room....UHGHGH you have no clue how mad I get. JUST CHEW QUIETER. OH MY GOSHHH!!! 😵😤

Yes! I hate that cows/pigs chewing sound!🤢🙉

It really bothers me when I ask the massage therapist to push harder and they huff and puff but the pressure doesn’t change. That was today!🙄 Two weeks ago I had a good one! I hurt the next couple of days but it feels good!😅 Unfortunately for me this therapist is booked weeks in advance!☹️
  • MelG7777MelG7777 Member Posts: 10,280 Member Member Posts: 10,280 Member
    Revolu7 wrote: »
    MelG7777 wrote: »
    Stop with the term "Latinx" .......there is not one person in my hispanic or Latino community that was in need of a gender neutral term. Its another case of fixing an issue for a minority group by those outside of it that wasnt asked for or needed.

A girl I watch on YouTube sometimes just posted a video. It’s confusing to know what is even considered “proper”.

Hispanic=People with origins in Spanish speaking countries in Latin America including Spain and excluding Brazil
    Latino=More geographical based like South America/The Caribbean and not Spain since it’s in Europe

What are we supposed to say these days? It’s hard to keep up. Does it matter?

I spend 90% of my days with other Hispanics and Latinos. Whether its politi ally correct or not how we figure it is if you speak Spanish you are Hispanic, if you speak Portuguese like the Brazilians do you are Latino. But the only one using Latinx is media and the "educated". Now im sure there may be others that use the term, but i live in NY and its a pretty diverse place and i see nobody using the term that may actually fit the bill. So many outside looking to help the "less fortunate minorities" think they need to stick their noses in and fix things how they think it should be. Let me tell you something, we need to be treated fairly and thats it. We dont need any handouts and we sure as hell dont need help in fixing our language.

I wasn’t saying you did. I was just curious if anything is considered offensive or more proper than the other. I’ve always thought I was being proper by saying “Hispanic” but was wondering if maybe I had been wrong. Sounds like it’s fine.

Nah, its just words. Words are harmless, intent behind words is all that matters. If you say something wrong i know you as a sweet person, there should be no offense taken. If someone chooses to correct you thats ok too......but to get offended, thats just zomeone looking for trouble.

Thank you.❤️
  • MelG7777MelG7777 Member Posts: 10,280 Member Member Posts: 10,280 Member
    When you're shopping online and you're 3.00 away from free shipping and you can't find anything under 20.00 so you just keep shopping and suddenly that 50.00 spree turns into 100.00 but you feel like you just won at life because free shipping

This could double as a “I won at this today” post🙌🏽❤️
  • SuzySunshine99SuzySunshine99 Member Posts: 2,301 Member Member Posts: 2,301 Member
    When you're shopping online and you're 3.00 away from free shipping and you can't find anything under 20.00 so you just keep shopping and suddenly that 50.00 spree turns into 100.00 but you feel like you just won at life because free shipping

This could double as a “I won at this today” post🙌🏽❤️

🎉

They really need to add candy to their site. I'd totally buy a 5.00 hershey bar and be content. This is how they get you!

I used to buy all my clothes at Macy's. They always had coupons like, "get $10 off a $50 purchase".
    I really appreciated that they had little $3 Godiva chocolate bars right at the checkout counter in case you needed a few extra dollars to get you there.
  • glassyoglassyo Member Posts: 5,335 Member Member Posts: 5,335 Member

So. Freakin'. Relatable.

(I'm looking at you, Walmart, and your being $.52 or whatever away from the $35.00 minimum.)

Edited because wth was up with my grammar?
    edited November 2020
  • JessBbodyJessBbody Member Posts: 524 Member Member Posts: 524 Member

Dis me.

I loathe paying for shipping that.much.

Or I'll go to the opposite end of the spectrum and wait until there's a sale PLUS free shipping.
    At which point everything I wanted is sold out.

• ReenieHJReenieHJ Member Posts: 7,054 Member Member Posts: 7,054 Member
    JessBbody wrote: »

Dis me.

I loathe paying for shipping that.much.

Or I'll go to the opposite end of the spectrum and wait until there's a sale PLUS free shipping.
    At which point everything I wanted is sold out.

You DID get your camera though, right?? Or was that Steph? My memory is bad. :)
  • vanityy99vanityy99 Member Posts: 2,424 Member Member Posts: 2,424 Member
    “How’s your from Portugal when she has pale skin and light eyes”.

As if Portuguese people come in only one shade. I’d never hear this type of *kitten* with people from the city.

And miss me with the “it’s not their fauulltttt”. It doesn’t take a genius to know obvious things like that.
  • tmantwotmantwo Member Posts: 2,194 Member Member Posts: 2,194 Member
    ^ So a country boy asked you a question, presumably to understand, and you took offense.

Ya know, maybe the people from the city are not as forward and honest as us country folk. Maybe some of us country folk have not been exposed to the city lifers diversity. Maybe the people from the city should stay in the city then you won't be offended by our conversations. And, if he traveled to you, maybe he should stay out of the city 'cause we don't need what he's bringing back around here.
    Snails and slugs.. c'mon, stop swimming in the dogs water bowl :/
  • MaltedTeaMaltedTea Member, Premium Posts: 5,631 Member Member, Premium Posts: 5,631 Member
    The TV remote falling down the back of the bed onto the floor its a bastid to reach.. 😤

I take those opportunities to be ridiculous by moving the entire bed, finding surprises, vacuuming ridiculousness,etc. Next thing you know, you're flipping the mattress and your movie's over 🤷🏿‍♀️
    tmantwo wrote: »
    ^ So a country boy asked you a question, presumably to understand, and you took offense.

Ya know, maybe the people from the city are not as forward and honest as us country folk. Maybe some of us country folk have not been exposed to the city lifers diversity. Maybe the people from the city should stay in the city then you won't be offended by our conversations. And, if he traveled to you, maybe he should stay out of the city 'cause we don't need what he's bringing back around here.

We're doubling the doubling down today, are we? 😂

fwiw - and perhaps related - my first bf was Portuguese. While he was born in Canada, both of his parents were from the islands of Portugal (don't ask me which one lol).

Every summer, I 💩 you not, this fair-skinned guy would get as dark as me. It was magic, I tell you.

We dated for a good 5 years but I think I hung in there just to check if he'd get dark again the following summer 😭😩🤣

The human body is amazing.

[ETA: lest I be taken super literally, he did not get to my EXACT skin tone...but he definitely didn't look like what many people would conjure up in their minds as a European kid. You'd have to look a few times to know he wasn't from an African or Caribbean country. 😌 Based covered...or nah? lol ]
    edited November 2020