Myfitnesspal

Message Boards Chit-Chat
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Little things that irk you 🤬

Replies

• ReenieHJReenieHJ Member Posts: 5,967 Member Member Posts: 5,967 Member
    JessBbody wrote: »
    When you're shopping online and you're 3.00 away from free shipping and you can't find anything under 20.00 so you just keep shopping and suddenly that 50.00 spree turns into 100.00 but you feel like you just won at life because free shipping

Dis me.

I loathe paying for shipping that.much.

Or I'll go to the opposite end of the spectrum and wait until there's a sale PLUS free shipping.
    At which point everything I wanted is sold out.

You DID get your camera though, right?? Or was that Steph? My memory is bad. :)
  • vanityy99vanityy99 Member Posts: 2,247 Member Member Posts: 2,247 Member
    “How’s your from Portugal when she has pale skin and light eyes”.

As if Portuguese people come in only one shade. I’d never hear this type of *kitten* with people from the city.

And miss me with the “it’s not their fauulltttt”. It doesn’t take a genius to know obvious things like that.
  • tmantwotmantwo Member Posts: 2,478 Member Member Posts: 2,478 Member
    ^ So a country boy asked you a question, presumably to understand, and you took offense.

Ya know, maybe the people from the city are not as forward and honest as us country folk. Maybe some of us country folk have not been exposed to the city lifers diversity. Maybe the people from the city should stay in the city then you won't be offended by our conversations. And, if he traveled to you, maybe he should stay out of the city 'cause we don't need what he's bringing back around here.
  • slimgirljo15slimgirljo15 Member, Premium Posts: 254,572 Member Member, Premium Posts: 254,572 Member
    Snails and slugs.. c'mon, stop swimming in the dogs water bowl :/
  • MaltedTeaMaltedTea Member, Premium Posts: 4,734 Member Member, Premium Posts: 4,734 Member
    The TV remote falling down the back of the bed onto the floor its a bastid to reach.. 😤

I take those opportunities to be ridiculous by moving the entire bed, finding surprises, vacuuming ridiculousness,etc. Next thing you know, you're flipping the mattress and your movie's over 🤷🏿‍♀️
  • MaltedTeaMaltedTea Member, Premium Posts: 4,734 Member Member, Premium Posts: 4,734 Member
    tmantwo wrote: »
    ^ So a country boy asked you a question, presumably to understand, and you took offense.

Ya know, maybe the people from the city are not as forward and honest as us country folk. Maybe some of us country folk have not been exposed to the city lifers diversity. Maybe the people from the city should stay in the city then you won't be offended by our conversations. And, if he traveled to you, maybe he should stay out of the city 'cause we don't need what he's bringing back around here.

We're doubling the doubling down today, are we? 😂

fwiw - and perhaps related - my first bf was Portuguese. While he was born in Canada, both of his parents were from the islands of Portugal (don't ask me which one lol).

Every summer, I 💩 you not, this fair-skinned guy would get as dark as me. It was magic, I tell you.

We dated for a good 5 years but I think I hung in there just to check if he'd get dark again the following summer 😭😩🤣

The human body is amazing.

[ETA: lest I be taken super literally, he did not get to my EXACT skin tone...but he definitely didn't look like what many people would conjure up in their minds as a European kid. You'd have to look a few times to know he wasn't from an African or Caribbean country. 😌 Based covered...or nah? lol ]
    edited November 2020
  • slimgirljo15slimgirljo15 Member, Premium Posts: 254,572 Member Member, Premium Posts: 254,572 Member
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    The TV remote falling down the back of the bed onto the floor its a bastid to reach.. 😤

I take those opportunities to be ridiculous by moving the entire bed, finding surprises, vacuuming ridiculousness,etc. Next thing you know, you're flipping the mattress and your movie's over 🤷🏿‍♀️

I'd normally leave it till the movie is over but in falling and hitting the floor the channel changed. By the time I moved the side table pulled the mattress up and got it.. I missed all the action .. doh😒
    You're right about the surprises .. $2 coin and my favourite tweezers I thought lost forever .. pretty sure a dust bunny growled at me though 🤔😁

fwiw - and perhaps related - my first bf was Portuguese. While he was born in Canada, both of his parents were from the islands of Portugal (don't ask me which one lol).

Every summer, I 💩 you not, this fair-skinned guy would get as dark as me. It was magic, I tell you.

We dated for a good 5 years but I think I hung in there just to check if he'd get dark again the following summer 😭😩🤣

LOL, you are so inspiring. You get me. I appreciate you.

[ETA: lest I be taken super literally, he did not get to my EXACT skin tone...but he definitely didn't look like what many people would conjure up in their minds as a European kid. You'd have to look a few times to know he wasn't from an African or Caribbean country. 😌 Based covered...or nah? lol ]

He’s from the AZORES.
    Sao Miguel?
    graciosa?

My mom is pale, in the summer she burns. Pale all year round. But ppl expect me to sit there and explain why she’s pale with light eyes. 🤣 I thought it was common sense that not everyone from a particular country all look the same.

Am I being much?
    vanityy99 wrote: »

He’s from the AZORES.
    Sao Miguel?
    graciosa?

My mom is pale, in the summer she burns. Pale all year round. But ppl expect me to sit there and explain why she’s pale with light eyes. 🤣 I thought it was common sense that not everyone from a particular country all look the same.

Am I being much?

I am sorry if my interpretation of your initial post was way off and if so I apologize for my curt response. After thinking about it you may not even be refering to an American city.

In America, at least all the places where I've been, nobody thinks everyone from a particular country all look the same.

I am sorry for being so obtuse and assuming that you're in the USA.

And, if you are in the USA, lets continue this discussion.
  • honeybee__12honeybee__12 Member, Premium Posts: 14,731 Member Member, Premium Posts: 14,731 Member

I don’t think you’re wrong.
    ^ Thanks. Wear any grouchy faces you get as a badge of honor.
    ^ i am with you; not a fan. Wasn't a fan when M.C. Hammer did it either.

He’s from the AZORES.
    Sao Miguel?
    graciosa?

Am I being much?

Yes, the Azores. Thank you! It's been so long. I recall a scant few Portuguese words and much talk of fish. We. ate. so. much. fish.
    edited November 2020
  • MelG7777MelG7777 Member Posts: 9,284 Member Member Posts: 9,284 Member

Same😏