Myfitnesspal

Message Boards Chit-Chat
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Little things that irk you 🤬

Replies

• slimgirljo15slimgirljo15 Member, Premium Posts: 261,364 Member Member, Premium Posts: 261,364 Member
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    The TV remote falling down the back of the bed onto the floor its a bastid to reach.. 😤

I take those opportunities to be ridiculous by moving the entire bed, finding surprises, vacuuming ridiculousness,etc. Next thing you know, you're flipping the mattress and your movie's over 🤷🏿‍♀️

I'd normally leave it till the movie is over but in falling and hitting the floor the channel changed. By the time I moved the side table pulled the mattress up and got it.. I missed all the action .. doh😒
    You're right about the surprises .. $2 coin and my favourite tweezers I thought lost forever .. pretty sure a dust bunny growled at me though 🤔😁
  • tmantwotmantwo Member Posts: 2,194 Member Member Posts: 2,194 Member
    tmantwo wrote: »
    ^ So a country boy asked you a question, presumably to understand, and you took offense.

Ya know, maybe the people from the city are not as forward and honest as us country folk. Maybe some of us country folk have not been exposed to the city lifers diversity. Maybe the people from the city should stay in the city then you won't be offended by our conversations. And, if he traveled to you, maybe he should stay out of the city 'cause we don't need what he's bringing back around here.

We're doubling the doubling down today, are we? 😂

fwiw - and perhaps related - my first bf was Portuguese. While he was born in Canada, both of his parents were from the islands of Portugal (don't ask me which one lol).

Every summer, I 💩 you not, this fair-skinned guy would get as dark as me. It was magic, I tell you.

We dated for a good 5 years but I think I hung in there just to check if he'd get dark again the following summer 😭😩🤣

The human body is amazing.

LOL, you are so inspiring. You get me. I appreciate you.
  • vanityy99vanityy99 Member Posts: 2,428 Member Member Posts: 2,428 Member
    ^ So a country boy asked you a question, presumably to understand, and you took offense.

Ya know, maybe the people from the city are not as forward and honest as us country folk. Maybe some of us country folk have not been exposed to the city lifers diversity. Maybe the people from the city should stay in the city then you won't be offended by our conversations. And, if he traveled to you, maybe he should stay out of the city 'cause we don't need what he's bringing back around here.

fwiw - and perhaps related - my first bf was Portuguese. While he was born in Canada, both of his parents were from the islands of Portugal (don't ask me which one lol).

Every summer, I 💩 you not, this fair-skinned guy would get as dark as me. It was magic, I tell you.

We dated for a good 5 years but I think I hung in there just to check if he'd get dark again the following summer 😭😩🤣

[ETA: lest I be taken super literally, he did not get to my EXACT skin tone...but he definitely didn't look like what many people would conjure up in their minds as a European kid. You'd have to look a few times to know he wasn't from an African or Caribbean country. 😌 Based covered...or nah? lol ]

He’s from the AZORES.
    Sao Miguel?
    graciosa?

My mom is pale, in the summer she burns. Pale all year round. But ppl expect me to sit there and explain why she’s pale with light eyes. 🤣 I thought it was common sense that not everyone from a particular country all look the same.

Am I being much?
    vanityy99 wrote: »

[ETA: lest I be taken super literally, he did not get to my EXACT skin tone...but he definitely didn't look like what many people would conjure up in their minds as a European kid. You'd have to look a few times to know he wasn't from an African or Caribbean country. 😌 Based covered...or nah? lol ]

He’s from the AZORES.
    Sao Miguel?
    graciosa?

My mom is pale, in the summer she burns. Pale all year round. But ppl expect me to sit there and explain why she’s pale with light eyes. 🤣 I thought it was common sense that not everyone from a particular country all look the same.

Am I being much?

I am sorry if my interpretation of your initial post was way off and if so I apologize for my curt response. After thinking about it you may not even be refering to an American city.

In America, at least all the places where I've been, nobody thinks everyone from a particular country all look the same.

I am sorry for being so obtuse and assuming that you're in the USA.

And, if you are in the USA, lets continue this discussion.
  • honeybee__12honeybee__12 Member, Premium Posts: 15,688 Member Member, Premium Posts: 15,688 Member

I don’t think you’re wrong.
    ^ Thanks. Wear any grouchy faces you get as a badge of honor.
    ^ i am with you; not a fan. Wasn't a fan when M.C. Hammer did it either.
  • MaltedTeaMaltedTea Member, Premium Posts: 5,662 Member Member, Premium Posts: 5,662 Member

He’s from the AZORES.
    Sao Miguel?
    graciosa?

Am I being much?

Yes, the Azores. Thank you! It's been so long. I recall a scant few Portuguese words and much talk of fish. We. ate. so. much. fish.
    edited November 2020
  • MelG7777MelG7777 Member Posts: 10,289 Member Member Posts: 10,289 Member

Same😏
  • Ironwoman1111Ironwoman1111 Member Posts: 1,818 Member Member Posts: 1,818 Member
    Doesn’t irk me per say, but this slouchy pants trend.
    lwjhotid82g8.jpeg

The soggy diaper look!😝 Cute top but to me it looks like the bottoms would be uncomfortable to wear. If I had to choose between these pants or the mom pants, I’d have to choose the mom pants. But in reality, no, neither is good.😄

7d62p2wnoux1.jpeg
  • PlentyofProtein00PlentyofProtein00 Member Posts: 2,733 Member Member Posts: 2,733 Member
    lwjhotid82g8.jpeg

The soggy diaper look!😝 Cute top but to me it looks like the bottoms would be uncomfortable to wear. If I had to choose between these pants or the mom pants, I’d have to choose the mom pants. But in reality, no, neither is good.😄

7d62p2wnoux1.jpeg

I'm shocked the mom pants is such a big trend now
    lwjhotid82g8.jpeg

7d62p2wnoux1.jpeg

This is the only comeback I am feeling!!!
    Bell bottoms.

wenq76q37quf.jpeg
    edited November 2020
  • MaltedTeaMaltedTea Member, Premium Posts: 5,662 Member Member, Premium Posts: 5,662 Member
    lwjhotid82g8.jpeg

7d62p2wnoux1.jpeg

Bell bottoms.

wenq76q37quf.jpeg

Joining the Throwback Train as I'm partial to flares (just a smidgen less drama than bellbottoms, which have their rightful time and place). I already have these in 28s so lemme just grab these 27s lol

5lxvh18qamhv.png
    lwjhotid82g8.jpeg

7d62p2wnoux1.jpeg

Bell bottoms.

wenq76q37quf.jpeg

Joining the Throwback Train as I'm partial to flares (just a smidgen less drama than bellbottoms, which have their rightful time and place). I already have these in 28s so lemme just grab these 27s lol

5lxvh18qamhv.png
    I like these. And they are high waisted, I remember them being low rise in the early 2000’s- I hope that never comes back to trend.

• honeybee__12honeybee__12 Member, Premium Posts: 15,688 Member Member, Premium Posts: 15,688 Member
    . wrong thread 🤪
    edited November 2020
  • LaneaJLaneaJ Member Posts: 2,046 Member Member Posts: 2,046 Member
    When you're wrapping a gift and the paper you thought you measured oh so perfectly turns out to be like an inch short then you're left cutting little pieces off odd sized paper just to cover up the parts you missed and then you just rewrap the entire thing because ocd

🙋🏻‍♀️ Yes! Thank you, I'm not the only one! *whispers* Do you ever find yourself trying to line up the designs on the paper when you get it wrapped around a gift? Sometimes a girl just needs some symmetry. 🤷🏻‍♀️