New products that caught your eyes recently?

Replies

• alexmose
    alexmose Posts: 792 Member
    The quest Pb cups are actually amazing. pp1d0dex4ngih.jpeg
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited November 2020
    I liked the free perfect keto bar sample pack so much I got the pumpkin flavor but YUCK! 0/10. These were SOOO oily it was gross. None of the other bars were like this at all. It was like it was dunked in oil. I rinsed it off with water and patted dry and then ate it. The actual flavor was really good. If they weren't so oily I would probably really like them, but it just turns me off having to rinse them off before...

I even put them in the fridge overnight to try and solidify the oil. You can see the oil solidified around the bar. As soon as I took it out of the fridge it melted again and was greasy. xm8lxhfa8d51.png

g82nc04ooqaz.jpg
    vo6l4otgrdxp.jpg
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,585 Member
    alexmose wrote: »

I bought a pack last week from GNC in case there was a good Quest sale and I'm sorta all protein tortilla chipped up for now. I had it this morning and it wasn't bad. There's a teeny tiny little off taste but I think that's to be expected since it has that extra protein going for it.

(I still love my Trader Joe's mini milk chocolate peanut butter cups best tho. :))
  • Noreenmarie1234
    I loveee orange chocolate. This was pretty good. It had small bits of dried orange that gave it some texture. I usually prefer solid orange chocolate but there wasn't much of them and I actually liked the bits. 0db578w5rw3k.jpeg4rw9hq1fm7ww.png
    A whole bar is 420 calories and pretty big so I like that I can eat the whole thing at once, lol.
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    I loveee orange chocolate. This was pretty good. It had small bits of dried orange that gave it some texture. I usually prefer solid orange chocolate but there wasn't much of them and I actually liked the bits. 0db578w5rw3k.jpeg4rw9hq1fm7ww.png
    A whole bar is 420 calories and pretty big so I like that I can eat the whole thing at once, lol.

fe8hstxrqzmo.png
    @Noreenmarie1234 this is very good too fyi
  • Noreenmarie1234
    rkdqchak8h0e.png
    Interesting they are "vegan" but made with whey and casein dairy proteins, so those with allergies still can't have it.

Perfect Day uses fermentation to create microflora-made dairy protein that delivers the same taste and texture of dairy without the environmental, animal welfare, or food safety concerns, according to the company. The result is lactose-free whey and casein dairy proteins made without cows.

The Perfect Indulgence line will launch in six traditional Graeter’s flavors: Black Cherry Chocolate Chip, Cookies & Cream, Oregon Strawberry, Mint Chocolate Chip, Chocolate and Chocolate Chip. The company plans to release additional flavors in the future, including Madagascar Vanilla Bean.

• PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    ^ can't seem to find the actual ingredients. And I wonder too how this is 'vegan' w/ using dairy proteins?
  • Noreenmarie1234
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »
    ^ can't seem to find the actual ingredients. And I wonder too how this is 'vegan' w/ using dairy proteins?

I assume similar to these because they use the perfect day "vegan" whey.

https://braverobot.co/products/vanilla
    WATER, SUGAR, COCONUT OIL, SUNFLOWER OIL, NON-ANIMAL WHEY PROTEIN, CONTAINS LESS THAN 2% OF MALTODEXTRIN, NATURAL FLAVOR, VANILLA BEAN SEED, CALCIUM POTASSIUM PHOSPHATE CITRATE, SALT, DISODIUM PHOSPHATE, CAROB BEAN GUM, MONO AND DIGLYCERIDES.

• Noreenmarie1234
    edited November 2020
    8gz8v0krdbwf.png
    zg264xnzzpvh.png

waw1qp15qire.jpg
    op7jnogc91pu.jpg
    I've had the ones without chocolate on them before and was not crazy about them. The rice crispy part was a little too hard and chewy for my liking. These are much softer than the non chocolate covered ones.

The chocolate is super sweet and not bitter like dark chocolate at all. They are super tiny though. Boyfriend liked, but said they were way too sweet. They ARE sweet, but I rarely find anything I find too sweet, lol. Perfect for me.

Now I really want to try the strawberry and chocolate one because I love that combo. Sorry the photos are so massive :D . e7thc2wt7lfq.png
  • PAPYRUS3

WATER, SUGAR, COCONUT OIL, SUNFLOWER OIL, NON-ANIMAL WHEY PROTEIN, CONTAINS LESS THAN 2% OF MALTODEXTRIN, NATURAL FLAVOR, VANILLA BEAN SEED, CALCIUM POTASSIUM PHOSPHATE CITRATE, SALT, DISODIUM PHOSPHATE, CAROB BEAN GUM, MONO AND DIGLYCERIDES.

Thanks Noreen for the trouble!😘
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    @Noreenmarie1234
    @pancakerunner

The chocolate orange conversation (a much-beloved combo for me as well) reminded me of the gelato I had years ago in Florence; my knowledge of Italian is absolutely primitive at best, so I knew the label read “chocolate and orange”, but what it actually was was a super creamy vanilla gelato with chunks of candied orange peel and flecks of semisweet or bittersweet chocolate. It was the best thing I’ve eaten in my life :D

that sounds incredible!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    alexmose wrote: »

Agreed!! I was sent some from quest squad and just tried them. They are a lot better than I was expecting! gs2ayz0w4ckm.jpeg
  • Noreenmarie1234
    4uyufeau8ixl.png
    I LOVE the palmini noodles, so would love to try the new rice version!
  • o0Firekeeper0o
    o0Firekeeper0o Posts: 416 Member
    jhp3ldlhxp1k.jpeg
    8v2xxr4xa9l5.jpeg
    8ayzftm2ujve.jpeg

New to me Trader Joe’s frozen goody!

Absolutely delicious. The cauliflower is VERY soft inside so it’s almost like tempura pockets of cauli-mash. I only used half the packet of sauce and it was SO spicy BUT! I am an absolute wuss about spice so the more normal among you would probably find it just fine.

Next time I might cook it at 400 instead of 450. It was a good result but that’s pretty high for my oven so I’d like to see if 400 for longer works just as good.
  • PAPYRUS3
    t1k84tpinrvm.png
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,708 Member
    edited November 2020

I'm thinking ....
    WHAT IN THE WORLD IS NON ANIMAL WHEY!?? That is an oxymoron...whey is the byproduct of milk for making cheese...
    So I looked this up.

https://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-lab-dairy-synthetic-whey-protein-gmo-20190711-story.html

I am going to choose option C, my plant protein Sunwarrior, thank you
  • PAPYRUS3
    ^^@VegjoyP - thanks for that...doesn't sound like something I'd want to ingest...along with the other ingredients too! There are so many other vegan ice cream products out there to choose from.