Mass gainer or whey protein

Hey guys I'm 19, 5'11 ,60kg skinny guy...I have been working out for 2 months and I have started seeing a little change but not significant .I did change my diet (eat 5 egg whites and 2 yolk ,more meat and oats )but Id really like to bulk up. so what proteins supplements should i take (like mass gainer or whey protein ) and what brand is safe

Replies

• Dogmom1978
    Dogmom1978 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Also, at best, you will gain UP TO 2 lbs of muscle a month. I am assuming that you are trying to gain muscle and not fat. 2 months is a very short time span and you won’t see much difference.

I personally have a hard time hitting my protein and staying within my calories, so I supplement with optimum nutrition whey protein mixed with skim milk post weight workouts.
  • CipherZero
    CipherZero Posts: 1,418 Member
    edited November 2020
    Cheeseburgers. You need cheeseburgers.
  • tlpina82
    tlpina82 Posts: 229 Member
    ashwinneil wrote: »
    Hey guys I'm 19, 5'11 ,60kg skinny guy...I have been working out for 2 months and I have started seeing a little change but not significant .I did change my diet (eat 5 egg whites and 2 yolk ,more meat and oats )but Id really like to bulk up. so what proteins supplements should i take (like mass gainer or whey protein ) and what brand is safe

Mass Gainer is just Protein powder with added vitamins, minerals, carbs and fat.
    It's a pile of calories, so it's great if you are currently in need of calories to meet your surplus goal, but it is no better than a plate of rice, beans, veggies and a chicken breast.

I use Whey Isolate (Flavor Free) with 94% protein count per scoop. It's low calorie, but I have no problem reaching my goals with meals, so the whey is used only on days that I can't get my meals in or during weeks where change from cut to bulk.

Now, if you want serious gains, you need to pay attention to everything.

- Calorie surplus
    - Workout quality and especially, intensity
    - Meal count (Yes, meal spacing is important)
    - Sleep (Rest)

Check and make sure you get those in line, everything else comes with consistency.