Mission Slimpossible - December 2020 Team Chat

jugar
jugar Posts: 10,013 Member
2pzdcctc48n3.png

Here is your Team chat room for December 2020. This is where you weigh in every week, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Try to post every day, and help each other succeed!

We have six great teams. The group and team leaders are as follows:

Our Moderators:
Liselyn - @jugar
Beka - @Beka3695
Teresa - @TeresaW1020
Megan - @Megan_smartiepants1970

Our Team Captains:
Mission Slimpossibles - @broncobuddee and @TeresaW1020
Trimstones - @mulecanter and @jessicakrall8
Weight No More - @1theresamcvean and @minstrelofsarcasm
Waist Aways - @jugar and @micki48
Shrinking Assets - @Boehle and @beka3695
Downsizers - @lindamtuck2018 and @Megan_smartiepants1970

Our Team Motivators:
Mission Slimpossibles - @AustinRuadhain @katmary71 and @raleighgirl09
Trimstones - @Emmajhare and @angmarie28
Weight No More - @GingerPwr and @KUMEcyclingteam
Waist Aways - @Terytha and @conleywoods
Shrinking Assets - @hipari
Downsizers - @Z10Rtza and @littleflutterby

HOW IT ALL WORKS:
Every challenger weighs in on their chosen day, every week without fail! At the end of each week, the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win!

We also track those small, steady losses with the Green Week count. If you lose, however small an amount, it counts for 1 week in the green. The total will be by month, and cumulative - so you can really rack them up and get to your goal even if you aren't at the top of the weight loss leaderboard.

To make your weigh-in easy to find for your team Captains, please put it right at the top of a message, and use this format:

Username
Weigh In Day
PW (Previous Weight):
CW (Current Weight):
LTD (Loss to Date): your TOTAL loss since your highest weight ever (optional)

If you need a week off, a break, a change of weigh-in day - just ask your Captains here on your team chat page. If you take a break, you are moved to the Support Team. If you miss two weigh-ins in a row without asking for a break, you will be dropped from the team, so be sure to ask if you are travelling, sick, or just needing some time off. You can remain on the Support Team for as long as you need to. You still participate in the discussions and weigh in if you want to, but your weigh-ins will not be counted on the weekly tally.

Once you reach your goal weight, you join the Goal Zone! After hitting your goal, you need support to stay there, and you can help your teammates join you. You continue to weigh in every week, and if you have 2 weeks above your self-defined goal zone, you go back to the regular team to lose that amount before it builds up. You will have a chance to hone those maintenance skills and stick with your team!

In addition to your own team, there are F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, so we hope to see you there often! These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey. Check the Announcements section for full group challenges.

Let’s show our fellow challengers some F2F love! Introduce yourselves right away, and let the new month begin!!

Replies

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Hello everyone!!! Welcome to our new members - and welcome back returning members!! I am soooo glad you are all here! :)

I am Teresa one of the Fat2Fit moderators and your Mission Slimpossibles captain along with Mark (@broncobuddee) The Mission Slimpossibles also have three incredible motivators, @AustinRuadhain, @raleighgirl09, and @Katmary71 who work very hard to keep the conversations going and are always willing to give advice and support!

:star: Stuff you need to know! :star:

1)Weekly Weigh-In
    Please read the opening post so that you know how to correctly record your weigh-ins so that @broncobuddee can easily find you every week.

2) Check-ins
    Along with our weekly weigh-ins, we REALLY encourage our team members to participate in regular check-ins. It’s a great way to stay accountable to yourself and it allows the team to cheer you on and offer support as you need it. Remember the purpose of joining a group like this is not only for accountability to a weigh-in but also because working towards our goals helps when we are surrounded by like-minded people. We are stronger together!!

3) Habit Tracker & Challenges
    For added help in your health journey make sure to take advantage of our Habit Tracker and Challenges that you will find on our Home Page. Tracking our habits and doing the challenges will keep you mindful of your choices and help keep you motivated. If you have an idea for a fun challenge then please head over to the Idea Lounge and let them know. “You’ll never change your life until you change something you do daily. The secret of your success is found in your daily routine.” ―John C. Maxwell

:star:Finally, let's get to know each other! Please share your name, where you live, and what brought you here to The Fat 2 Fit Challenge Group. If you have specific goals for this year, please share those as well. We are here to support and cheer you on! :)

I’ll go ahead with my introduction

As I said above, my name is Teresa! I'm 54-years-old and live in Georgia with my incredible husband, my mom, and our fur baby Maggie Mae. I work as the ministry assistant for my church and am a teacher for our children’s church. My favorite things to do are working jigsaw puzzles while listening to podcasts, searching Pinterest for yummy recipes, hanging out with my husband, playing with my dog, shopping, and going to church. I also love to workout and use Beachbody on Demand programs along with walking on my treadmill.
    I’ve struggled with my weight most of my life with lots of ups and downs along the way. In 2018, when my weight was at its highest, I vowed that no matter how many times I stumbled I would NEVER give up on my goal to be at a healthy weight. In 2019, I learned about intermittent fasting and have fully embraced the IF lifestyle. I’ve tweaked my eating plan whenever I feel that I need to and currently I’m doing a mixture of carb cycling and Keto. I have lost over 70 lbs. and am determined to get the last 30 lbs off in 2021 and finally live my life in maintenance, which I know will be a different kind of hard, but so very worth it!
    If you are interested in IF, I highly recommend Gin Stephen’s new book, “Fast, Feast, Repeat” and her podcast Intermittent Fasting Stories. I also think everyone should read Dr. Jason Fung’s, “Obesity Code.” It was lifechanging for me! I am passionate about this way of L*IF*E and am happy to talk with you at any time. Just drop me a message! 😉

As your captain, I promise to remain available and supportive! This group means so much to me as does the success of each one of you. <3

OK…your turn to share! :)

j4vdg0qshacz.jpg
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,004 Member
    @raleighgirl09 I too nearly spit coffee on my computer when I read your stripper pole comment. I do love how you put things. I challenge you to start walking back in the right direction RIGHT NOW. Do one thing this week and build on it. I know you can.

@Katmary71 I admire how determined you are to find the medical help you need.

I am having the worst time sleeping this past week, and I have resumed my terrible habit of eating when I am awake at night. I had managed to stop that, not sure why I started again. That is what I will be working on this week- both sleeping and not eating if I can't.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,862 Member
    @Katmary71 It's such a lot of work to do Thanksgiving. I'm glad you didn't have to do the dishes on top of cooking. I'm really sorry about the doctor's visit. I know you've been waiting to go and to not find out anything positive must have been disheartening. I really admire your perseverance. Hugs to you.

@apple852hk When I am trying not to snack, I busy myself with a hobby that involves my hands. Reading does it for me but since that doesn't work for you, you might try another hand-related hobby: crocheting, knitting, paint your nails and then pick up the book, sewing. Good luck!

@Cornanda I've had trouble sleeping ever since menopause began. I'm having a little better sleep the past week by taking magnesium powder right before bed, wearing a sleep mask that has speakers in it, and playing sleep stories through it. I'm getting out of bed less and sleeping a bit better. Good luck to you!

@adhmrh Congratulations on getting under 250, you are really inspiring!
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    i8fb4iiuxizs.jpg
    0yo2th2lf90b.png
    6x9gs1t6babi.png
    udc4kumdtxg6.png

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    gijfkho7rydd.png

PLACE TEAM LBS LOSS
    9xdwol1yd7us.png

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st @hipari 2.39 %
    2nd @lelbarou 2.24%
    3rd @goingape 2.10 %

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOSS
    1st @lelbarou 7.6 Lbs
    2nd @hipari 5.2 Lbs
    3rd @firefly743 4.6 Lbs

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @anido1
    @ShowKitten
    @shortyjmorgan1
    @machchic
    @angmarie28
    @kiane50
    @ells_runs
    @gwamajtw91
    @Bluetail6

yijf2ecr82du.png

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,915 Member
    Good Morning Mission Slimpossibles ...You have a new member heading your way ... Please welcome @krea4 :)
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,013 Member
    This week's Challenge is UP! And I hope it will help - you'll pick 2 magic numbers to track all week, and post every day about how they are going. You can change during the week if you need to - as long as you track 2 things every day. Check it out!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10816919/december-week-1-challenge-magic/p1?new=1
  • TeresaW1020
    edited November 2020
    :star:The Green Challenge :star: Percentage of people who lost weight this week. No matter how small the loss the weights are recorded in green. Remember that even if your team doesn’t rank the highest in weight loss for the week you can still be the Green Percentage winner by having the most losses in your team! So keep it up!! B)
    6m9ar344zmi1.png
  • TeresaW1020
    :star:SIGN UP TODAY!! :star:DECEMBER HABIT TRACKER

gkbzg3v4cwrb.png
  • apple852hk
    apple852hk Posts: 210 Member
    @trooworld thanks for the good suggestion of a habit involving hands.
    I'll try folding an origami seamless cube every time I want to eat some chocolate and hope that helps. I normally bite my nails and pick at it - which I know is a really bad habit.
    Maybe I'll try finding a advice quote and write it down on the paper and then fold that in a cube.
    Let's hope I think that's not too time consuming and just give up and eat chocolate. The whole point is to take my mind somewhere else.
    Thanks for the suggestion.

@apple852hk When I am trying not to snack, I busy myself with a hobby that involves my hands. Reading does it for me but since that doesn't work for you, you might try another hand-related hobby: crocheting, knitting, paint your nails and then pick up the book, sewing. Good luck!

[/quote]

• TwistedSassette
    TwistedSassette Posts: 8,543 Member
    Hi all, sorry I have been AWOL the last few days. We were out of town which was planned, but had an unexpected emergency situation with my Mum. She's ok, but had a scare with an eye ulcer which can apparently turn deadly in the space of a couple of days so she needed to have it looked at urgently - turns out it's just a normal ulcer and it's getting better already but there was a day or so of scariness where we didn't know what was going on.

I know we're in the December thread now, but here's my weigh-in for Friday in any case:

***WEEKLY WEIGH-IN***
    TwistedSassette
    Weigh in day: Friday
    SW: 138.3kg
    PW: 134.4kg
    CW: 133.8kg
    LTD: 4.5kg
    LTW: 0.6kg

100 DAY CHALLENGE GOALS
    Day 68: Sunday 29 November
    1. Log calories eaten: Yes - 45/68
    2. 20 mins exercise: Yes - 40/68
    3. Record a calorie deficit: No - 35/68

@Firefly743 I loved reading your post about looking back and digging into your data, and figuring out what calorie level works for you. It really is a game of cat and mouse - you've figured out what energy your body needs right now and that is fantastic! I do the same thing, I ignore the level that MFP sets for me and calculate my own requirements based on a calculator which seems to be more accurate for me. But it's all still estimations so all we can do is to do our best and know that we are making healthy choices for our bodies!

@davidji82 What a fantastic weigh-in! You're doing so well.

@adhmrh Congrats on hitting 60 lbs lost - that's an incredible feat!

@gwamajtw91 Great weigh-in - you're definitely back on track!

@krea4 Welcome to the group :smile:

Congrats Slimpossibles on our Week 4 victory and 3rd place in November! Wonderful!! Especially considering that many of our group were celebrating Thanksgiving this week, to achieve the weight loss we have as a group is amazing.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,534 Member
    @Krea4 welcome to the gang!

@Cornanda @trooworld thank you both for your support, I love Slimpossibles!

Sunday check-in
    Exercise- arm cardio, stretching, abs
    Calories- over
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,534 Member
    I'm not very observant, it just dawned on me that this is a new month's thread!

I'm Kathy, I'm 49 and live in the Sacramento area in CA. I'm disabled and currently dealing with an increase in pain and mobility issues. I have two cats then my boyfriend has two so we're the freaking Brady Bunch these days. He's not working until restrictions ease up and is staying in my spare room and I'm not working so we're basically getting a crash course in getting to know each other right now, I haven't had a roommate in 15 years and never lived with a boyfriend so it's been interesting. I'm not doing very exciting workouts at the moment, mostly arm cardio, arm resistant bands, core, and stretching. I'm doing what I can to keep as much mobility as possible. I'm basically maintaining, I've gained since my pain issues started and would like to lose some of it but my main focus is getting my pain under control. I've been in this group for about one-and-a-half years now and am a motivator (though I've sucked at it lately!) along with @raleighgirl09 and @AustinRuadhain . Let's slay it Slimpossibles, woot woot!
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,572 Member
    edited November 2020
    @broncobuddee
    AustinRuadhain
    Weigh In Day: Monday
    Nov 23 Weight 138.9
    Nov 30 Weight 136.9

Check-in for Sunday
    🟢Food on plan, weighed, logged
    🔴Calories in the green
    🟢Workout (50+ min)
    🟢Breathing exercises
    🟢Martial arts forms
    🔴Weekly FitRockr Up-a-Level Challenge: didn't make it, but loved having the challenge and will play again this week

Monday Goals
    Food on plan, weighed, logged
    Calories in the green
    Workout (60+ min)
    Breathing exercises
    Martial arts forms
    FitRockr Up-a-Level Challenge Goal - 20%
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,572 Member
    edited November 2020
    Howdy, Slimpossibles Challengers! And happy December!

I'm Austin, one of your three Team Motivators, along with the awesome @Katmary71 and @raleighgirl09.

I'm a mom and live with my husband, our teenage son, and a small menagerie (elderly cat, young frisky cat, goldfish, opinionated indoor bird, and a flock of backyard chickens). I love to read both fiction and nonfiction. I study martial arts and love walks (outdoor, indoors with Leslie Sansone etc.) and platform stepping (Jenny Ford on YouTube).

I joined Fat2Fit over 2 years ago, part way through my journey. I have lost over 130 pounds since I started work on losing weight (January 2018), and now work to keep to a healthy weight.

For me, losing weight and now has been a big science experiment, so I am a big fan of tracking food and exercise. I love to read up on things, and have studied habit building and nutritional science as I have worked on losing weight and getting healthier. Every body and every person is different, and I have enjoyed learning more and engaging in the kind of science experiment of figuring out what works for me. For me, losing weight and keeping it off has been and is still all about noticing what habits I have and developing new habits for me, so every so often I burble about habit building!

If you are interested, I especially recommend the work of B.J. Fogg, the professor at the Stanford Behavior Design Lab, whose work has been used to create apps like Instagram, which are arguably habit building machines! He has a book called Tiny Habits, which I love. If you want to reprogram your health and fitness habits, the Tiny Habits system in this book is super simple and practical and unexpectedly (to me) fun. Fogg's team has a weekly free Tiny Habits course to help you build new tiny habits to make your life better!

For inspiration on habits, you could check out the work of James Clear (author of Atomic Habits). He's not a researcher, but he is a great communicator! His talk on How to Get 1% Better Every Day was particularly inspirational to me. He kicks it off this way:
    "So if you were able to improve by 1% each day for an entire year... you would end up 37 times better at the end of the year. And if you were to get 1% worse, you would whittle yourself down almost to zero."
    I just love that message -- you don't need to change something huge to reach your goals. Start small. Keep making small changes. Persistence will get you there!

My favorite nutrition resource is the nonprofit, research-based site, run by Dr. Michael Greger (author of How Not to Diet): nutritionfacts.org

Cheers,
    Austin

kwpvxhicmv4t.jpg
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,862 Member
    @apple852hk Origami is perfect! You don't want to get chocolate all over your hard work. ;)

@TwistedSassette That sounds super scary! I'm glad your mom is okay. Congrats on the loss!

@AustinRuadhain Wow, great loss, congrats!

Hello everyone. I'm hoping this week's challenge inspires me to drink more liquids, that is one of the things I am highlighting for the week. As far as an introduction, I am 52 yrs old and live with my husband and dog in Southern California. I was always thin until my late 20s. I've been trying to get this weight off since then, I've had some success on WW which I continue to be on to this day (I don't track in MFP). I've got about 65 more lbs to go. My hobbies include crafting, reading (a LOT), hiking (when I am more fit), and photography. Welcome, new people! This is a great place to share your struggles as well as victories!
This discussion has been closed.