What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Replies

• acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,594 Member
    Tonight's dinner was about management of leftovers. There was a carrot and a stalk of celery languishing at the bottom of the produce drawer that went into the chicken and veg stir fry that also used up some leftover chicken gravy. Leftover Jamaican peppered steak from our Caribbean takeaway on Wednesday night was asian-ified by warming up with fried onion and soy sauce
    if4wiv5exsi0.jpeg
  • acpgee
    I've also heard the puttaneca is considered a bit slatternly because no fresh ingredients are involved. Tinned tomatoes, olives, capers, garlic, onion, anchovies, chilli flakes.
  • o0Firekeeper0o
    o0Firekeeper0o Posts: 416 Member
    rpoirw16f00x.jpeg

A light dinner because I had a cheeky Thai iced tea today :#
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    1nbfoc00e8dr.jpeg

I’m trying to clear freezer space too, to facilitate Christmas prep. So Lentil & Veg Kofta from the freezer on a bed of roasted peppers and tomato/parsley pearled spelt. I’d forgotten how good those Kofta are!
  • Ironwoman1111
    Ironwoman1111 Posts: 3,913 Member
    edited November 2020
    Grilled Italian sausage, steamed jasmine rice, grilled onions/peppers with basil pesto and a Romaine lettuce salad with baby cucumbers, shredded carrots, croutons and some dressing.👩🏽‍🍳

zllpdx502eoy.jpeg

• acpgee
    Tagliata di manzo with gratin dauphinoise and charred savoy cabbage.
    vx0ka63ypa96.jpg

• PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    ^^^“What you think, you become.
    What you feel, you attract.
    What you imagine, you create.”

― Buddha

...and what I'm thinking/feeling and imagining right now is that to be in front of me right now...this must have been SOOO yummooo...
  • o0Firekeeper0o
    n0ytd9ithax4.jpeg

Gluten free, dairy free strata with chicken maple breakfast sausage, kale and mushrooms. 1 (big) serving is about 470 calories and it’s SO filling, I left unused calories last night because I was so darn full
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    n0ytd9ithax4.jpeg

Gluten free, dairy free strata with chicken maple breakfast sausage, kale and mushrooms. 1 (big) serving is about 470 calories and it’s SO filling, I left unused calories last night because I was so darn full

You had me at chicken MAPLE sausage. And then again at kale. And then again at mushrooms 🤤 Recipe, please?
  • acpgee
    Peking duck breast and Vietnamese cahn soup.
    x6h6ffnhfq1d.jpeg
  • o0Firekeeper0o
    edited December 2020
    @MaltedTea

Oh gosh, it wasn’t really a recipe! But I’ll share my process. I used 10 slices of gluten-free bread and 11 eggs, but it was a bit wet so next time I’ll probably do just 10 eggs. I used kale and mushrooms cut up and sauteed with some garlic, onion, s&p and a touch of olive oil just to wilt the kale and reduce the moisture of the mushrooms. Mixed in with the eggs was a cup of rice milk and maybe 1/2 cup of chicken broth, though you can certainly use milk if you’re ok with the dairy. Sausages were Amylu brand, cut up into chunks. All of it stirred together, baked in a casserole at 350F for an hour!

Sorry I don’t have a “real” recipe, I tend to wing things in the kitchen. I hope this helps though! :)

EDIT TO ADD: put some dried oregano in there as well, though I bet plenty of other spices would play nicely!
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    edited December 2020
    @MaltedTea

Oh gosh, it wasn’t really a recipe! But I’ll share my process. I used 10 slices of gluten-free bread and 11 eggs, but it was a bit wet so next time I’ll probably do just 10 eggs. I used kale and mushrooms cut up and sauteed with some garlic, onion, s&p and a touch of olive oil just to wilt the kale and reduce the moisture of the mushrooms. Mixed in with the eggs was a cup of rice milk and maybe 1/2 cup of chicken broth, though you can certainly use milk if you’re ok with the dairy. Sausages were Amylu brand, cut up into chunks. All of it stirred together, baked in a casserole at 350F for an hour!

Sorry I don’t have a “real” recipe, I tend to wing things in the kitchen. I hope this helps though! :)

EDIT TO ADD: put some dried oregano in there as well, though I bet plenty of other spices would play nicely!

Yes to all 👏🏾 of 👏🏾 this👏🏾. Thank you @o0Firekeeper0o!

And, @senalay788? Broccoflower? Caulibroc?! I settled on Yum Mountain 🤷🏾‍♀️
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    @MaltedTea

Yes to all 👏🏾 of 👏🏾 this👏🏾. Thank you @o0Firekeeper0o!

And, @senalay788? Broccoflower? Caulibroc?! I settled on Yum Mountain 🤷🏾‍♀️

Here it's called "Broccolo Romano" ---Roman Broccoli because it grows in the region around Rome.