Myfitnesspal

Message Boards Chit-Chat
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Little things that irk you 🤬

Replies

• KickassAmazon76KickassAmazon76 Member Posts: 3,496 Member Member Posts: 3,496 Member
    When my kids put their dirty glasses on the counter RIGHT OVER THE DISHWASHER... And the dishwasher has room to take them.
  • MotorsheenMotorsheen Member Posts: 19,592 Member Member Posts: 19,592 Member
    tmantwo wrote: »
    When you're wrapping a gift and the paper you thought you measured oh so perfectly turns out to be like an inch short then you're left cutting little pieces off odd sized paper just to cover up the parts you missed and then you just rewrap the entire thing because ocd

This is me except I don't rewrap it because, well, they are lucky it was wrapped in the first place and not handed to them in a tied closed plastic bag or stapled shut brown bag. Heck, if it's really big I've been known to just toss it into a 55 gallon trash bag and zip-tie it shut.

The best gift packaging: FedEx boxes and envelopes.

Place the gift in the box.
    Seal the box.
    Fill-out the airbill with 'to' & 'from'
    Place the airbill in the provided plastic pouch

done.
  • tmantwotmantwo Member Posts: 2,209 Member Member Posts: 2,209 Member
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    When you're wrapping a gift and the paper you thought you measured oh so perfectly turns out to be like an inch short then you're left cutting little pieces off odd sized paper just to cover up the parts you missed and then you just rewrap the entire thing because ocd

This is me except I don't rewrap it because, well, they are lucky it was wrapped in the first place and not handed to them in a tied closed plastic bag or stapled shut brown bag. Heck, if it's really big I've been known to just toss it into a 55 gallon trash bag and zip-tie it shut.

FTFY...

Ordering online and shipping direct.
    Place the gift in the box. Tell them they are not getting nothing if their Amazon list is not updated.
    Seal the box. Pick something from their list if they update it. (if not too bad for them)
    Fill-out the airbill with 'to' & 'from' Fill out the ship to info.
    Place the airbill in the provided plastic pouch Pay

done.

• MaltedTeaMaltedTea Member, Premium Posts: 5,168 Member Member, Premium Posts: 5,168 Member

FTFY...

Place the gift in the box. Tell them they are not getting nothing if their Amazon list is not updated.
    Seal the box. Pick something from their list if they update it. (if not too bad for them)

done.

My Amazon wish lists - all 26 of them - are up to date, categorized by genre, and in alphabetical order.

Choices range from "Shopping List - Bathroom" to "Shopping List - Wardrobe Update_SpringSummer" (because this one stays ready for every eventuality at all times).

Just putting that out there...😉
  • CacoEtherCacoEther Member Posts: 2,465 Member Member Posts: 2,465 Member
    CacoEther wrote: »

But, babies

They smother

This is why I almost never give babies as Christmas gifts

"Almost never"

Listen, even the fire dept deserves a little Christmas gift every now and again
    MaltedTea wrote: »

FTFY...

done.

My Amazon wish lists - all 26 of them - are up to date, categorized by genre, and in alphabetical order.

Choices range from "Shopping List - Bathroom" to "Shopping List - Wardrobe Update_SpringSummer" (because this one stays ready for every eventuality at all times).

Just when I thought you couldn’t get dreamier..
  • MaltedTeaMaltedTea Member, Premium Posts: 5,168 Member Member, Premium Posts: 5,168 Member
    MaltedTea wrote: »

FTFY...

done.

I would expect nothing less. Pick your favorite thing on those 26 lists and go buy it. It's a present from me.

I appreciate cha. :*

Edit: Ladies, this is how you get what you want. No griping or complaining from your man. He's got absolutely no reason to and if he does he's a little *kitten* (I even wrote *kitten* and self censored myslef. See, I'm trying to be good.).

dudes, life couldn't be any easier for you if this was how the world worked.

😂 Agreed on the edit and back at cha!

And @CacoEther? Birds of a feather 'n all that good stuff! 😏
    ^ I stand corrected. You're absolutely correct.

But, I also stand by my post that you can't go wrong with sticking to the list. Don't be all like "I'm getting Tupperware and wooden spoons because that's what my daddy did.".

Know what I mean Jean?

I only edit because I want to ensure I convey my thoughts correctly and I don't want yalls to think I'm being snarky towards anyone. If I was I'd make sure they knew it but not everyone knows that about me.
  • KosmosKittenKosmosKitten Member Posts: 9,802 Member Member Posts: 9,802 Member
    ^ I stand corrected. You're absolutely correct.

But, I also stand by my post that you can't go wrong with sticking to the list. Don't be all like "I'm getting Tupperware and wooden spoons because that's what my daddy did.".

Know what I mean Jean?

I only edit because I want to ensure I convey my thoughts correctly and I don't want yalls to think I'm being snarky towards anyone. If I was I'd make sure they knew it but not everyone knows that about me.

Of course. I write lists for groceries, why would it be different for the things I want or can use in my life? Especially since most major shopping sites have a "wishlist" option now.

The problem is getting the people who need to see them to you know, actually see them. :lol:

Know what I mean Jean?

This just made me so lonesome for my mom. She’s the only person I’ve ever heard use this expression, what is it from?
    ^ sorry, I have no idea where it's from. I won't pretend to know by looking it up.

I heard it decades ago from either my mom or grandma.
  • slimgirljo15slimgirljo15 Member, Premium Posts: 258,529 Member Member, Premium Posts: 258,529 Member
    Realising I left washing on the line from yesterday.. and now its raining 😒
    ^ Naw, thats gods tears washing them even better. They will dry again. Even better than before.
  • slimgirljo15slimgirljo15 Member, Premium Posts: 258,529 Member Member, Premium Posts: 258,529 Member
    ^ Naw, thats gods tears washing them even better. They will dry again. Even better than before.

Nooo.. they'll stink 🤭

I'll wash them again. Im irked because yesterday was 43c , they'd have been dry. 😒
    Roger that, 10-4. You sexy devil you :-)
  • KickassAmazon76KickassAmazon76 Member Posts: 3,496 Member Member Posts: 3,496 Member

Nooo.. they'll stink 🤭

I'll wash them again. Im irked because yesterday was 43c , they'd have been dry. 😒

Hhhhholy hotness! I put clothes out on a line and they'd freeze PDQ. We're sitting around - 6C