Calories!!

I bought a meal kit. It contains a portion of noodles and a sauce. It tells you to add chicken, egg, veg etc. On the box it says it 795kcal(as prepared) Does this mean it's 795kcal with the ingredients or are the noodles and sauce 795kcal alone?

Replies

• KOO2020
    KOO2020 Posts: 19 Member
    Does it tell you the amount of the chicken, eggs, etc. ? if so, I would assume if it says as prepared, it would be including that.
  • PremGandhi
    PremGandhi Posts: 115 Member
    The one that I receive gives me as prepared and dry calories both. If it says as prepared, it should be that.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,389 Member
    Are those dry noodles? They those are about 350 calories. Then look up if those 795 calories are per person, per total prepared dish, and how many servings there are. Then you know what's included in the calorie count.

Btw, I hate meal kits as they tend to be extremely unclear with regards to calories. At least from my local supermarket as they include all cooking ingredients - and get it wrong. Veggies in the box, plus chicken, plus oil might come down to 160calories per 100gr if weighed out. But then there's still a rather oily marinade, which would only account for -3 calories in fat, 10 calories in protein and 12 calories in carbs. Yeah. right.
  • Jayj180894
    Jayj180894 Posts: 286 Member
    Yea it tells me the amounts I should put put in. The portion is only 1 portion. I just can't imagine something being 795kcal before you put your ingredients in. Especially as it's a 1 person meal kit.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,389 Member
    re above: dry noodles are approximately 350 cal per 100 grams,