Shrinking Assets - December 2020 Team Chat

jugar
jugar Posts: 10,013 Member
2pzdcctc48n3.png

Here is your Team chat room for December 2020. This is where you weigh in every week, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Try to post every day, and help each other succeed!

We have six great teams. The group and team leaders are as follows:

Our Moderators:
Liselyn - @jugar
Beka - @Beka3695
Teresa - @TeresaW1020
Megan - @Megan_smartiepants1970

Our Team Captains:
Mission Slimpossibles - @broncobuddee and @TeresaW1020
Trimstones - @mulecanter and @jessicakrall8
Weight No More - @1theresamcvean and @minstrelofsarcasm
Waist Aways - @jugar and @micki48
Shrinking Assets - @Boehle and @beka3695
Downsizers - @lindamtuck2018 and @Megan_smartiepants1970

Our Team Motivators:
Mission Slimpossibles - @AustinRuadhain @katmary71 and @raleighgirl09
Trimstones - @Emmajhare and @angmarie28
Weight No More - @GingerPwr and @KUMEcyclingteam
Waist Aways - @Terytha and @conleywoods
Shrinking Assets - @hipari
Downsizers - @Z10Rtza and @littleflutterby

HOW IT ALL WORKS:
Every challenger weighs in on their chosen day, every week without fail! At the end of each week, the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win!

We also track those small, steady losses with the Green Week count. If you lose, however small an amount, it counts for 1 week in the green. The total will be by month, and cumulative - so you can really rack them up and get to your goal even if you aren't at the top of the weight loss leaderboard.

To make your weigh-in easy to find for your team Captains, please put it right at the top of a message, and use this format:

Username
Weigh In Day
PW (Previous Weight):
CW (Current Weight):
LTD (Loss to Date): your TOTAL loss since your highest weight ever (optional)

If you need a week off, a break, a change of weigh-in day - just ask your Captains here on your team chat page. If you take a break, you are moved to the Support Team. If you miss two weigh-ins in a row without asking for a break, you will be dropped from the team, so be sure to ask if you are travelling, sick, or just needing some time off. You can remain on the Support Team for as long as you need to. You still participate in the discussions and weigh in if you want to, but your weigh-ins will not be counted on the weekly tally.

Once you reach your goal weight, you join the Goal Zone! After hitting your goal, you need support to stay there, and you can help your teammates join you. You continue to weigh in every week, and if you have 2 weeks above your self-defined goal zone, you go back to the regular team to lose that amount before it builds up. You will have a chance to hone those maintenance skills and stick with your team!

In addition to your own team, there are F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, so we hope to see you there often! These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey. Check the Announcements section for full group challenges.

Let’s show our fellow challengers some F2F love! Introduce yourselves right away, and let the new month begin!!

Replies

• Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    f0o0dbvphrj7.jpg

NOVEMBER CELEBRATIONS

zg69hb2mo5vz.png

@cafelelia

20 pounds lost
    @Azkunk
    @Pacsnc6

25 pounds lost
    @Case0099

30 pounds lost

@Lelbarou
    @Cafelelia

40 pounds lost
    @Littleflutterby

50 Pounds lost
    @Zumba_luvah
    @MandiSaysHey

70 pounds lost
    @Goingape
    @Beka3695

75 pounds lost
    @happimess01

120 pounds lost
    @Tazaria87

Under 150
    @Anido1
    @Angmarie28
    @goingape

Under 175
    @Bluetail6
    @TASCascalho
    @beka3695

c97zf40lclxs.png

@Sleepymom5
    @kandi3570

Under 250
    @Adhmrh

Under 350

@lelbarou
  • Beka3695
    I am Beka, one of your Team Captains and Group Moderator. My counterpart and bestie is Julie, aka @Boehle.

I am 44, married, mom of 2 daughters, Mimi of one amazing grandson, and human mom to 3 fur babies. I usually live in the beautiful mountains of Northern Georgia, but currently residing in Florida as I am acting nanny to my sweet grandson.

I started my journey 3 years ago at 242 lbs, lost down to 174 (-68 lbs) and maintained almost 9 months before gaining back to 232. It is only failure if you quit... right???

For my second time around, I am currently down about 74 lbs from my highest...
    Thanksgiving has skewed the sales a bit.

STATS
    Height: 5'7"
    Highest weight: 242, November 2016
    Current weight: 168 ish
    Goal Weight: SEXY AF

December Goals:
    - 165 lbs
    - Continue to my NEAT or non-exercise activity thermogenesis.
    - Increase my EAT - exercise activity thermogenesis.
    - focus on consistency of steps.

If you have not already, feel free to friend me. Please make your diaries open. Your teammates (umm - or me) might want to borrow your ideas that keep you in check.
  • Dogmom1978
    Dogmom1978 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Hello!

As the username suggests, my children are dogs. 7 of them to be precise.

Highest weight: unknown (I stopped weighing after 210, but looking at past photos I continued to gain after that point).

Current weight: 173.8
    Goal weight: 135

I enjoy hiking with the husband and the dogs. We built a home gym in the basement so that I have no more excuses for skipping the gym, but I still don’t use it as often as I should.
  • SisuMom2019
    SisuMom2019 Posts: 155 Member
    Happy December to Shrinking Assets NEW and existing members. My name is Tanya, I’m 44 and live in a small rural community in Ontario, Canada. I am married with 2 kids -14 year old son and 11 year old daughter-we have 2 wiener dogs and 4 cats (including a big old Maine Coon). I tipped the scales at 257 in October-just kept teetering and fluctuating up and down incrementally and so there was never any big shocks leading up to it -“oh, I’m 5 pounds up for my period”, back down -only 4, but I just ate etc etc. and I snaked my way up close to 30 pounds without REALLY noticing. My October weight hit me though as I realized I was a few pounds or a meal away from saying “oh, I’m 260, but it’ll go down” and the pattern would continue. I was also feeling like crap and scared about health. My doctor started me on a daily injection-Saxenda -and I’m about 6 weeks into it -took awhile to dose up. I have no appetite and I eat just a small portion when I do. Problem is, with all of these tests, I do have something not great going on with my thyroid and this medication can increase your risk of thyroid cancer of all things, so my plan in December is to get some of these habits ingrained so I can step away from the medication sooner than planned. I’m committed to stepping up my exercise game -just saw @Beka3695 mention something about NEAT...I’m going to go look it up. I’m also committed to being on this post more -the dialogue and support is only as good as you make it. The format of the app is not super user-friendly, but this group is and I look forward to making some strides in a month that can be challenging to so many -stress, grief, isolation-let’s lean on each other.
  • Beka3695
    i8fb4iiuxizs.jpg
    0yo2th2lf90b.png
    6x9gs1t6babi.png
    udc4kumdtxg6.png

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    gijfkho7rydd.png

PLACE TEAM LBS LOSS
    9xdwol1yd7us.png

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st @hipari 2.39 %
    2nd @lelbarou 2.24%
    3rd @goingape 2.10 %

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOSS
    1st @lelbarou 7.6 Lbs
    2nd @hipari 5.2 Lbs
    3rd @firefly743 4.6 Lbs

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @anido1
    @ShowKitten
    @shortyjmorgan1
    @machchic
    @angmarie28
    @kiane50
    @ells_runs
    @gwamajtw91
    @Bluetail6

zo2f0t7kyqbp.png
  • Beka3695
    gjbucn4ht113.jpg
    n4byw4ohtjcu.png
    pea9ism7ocm9.png
    0kt7n4t3d30b.png

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    rgntyf28sfsx.png

PLACE TEAM LBS LOSS
    mdd70x3psgxf.png

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st @machchic 6.47 %
    2nd @lelbarou 5.97%
    3rd @Bluetail6 5.93 %

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOSS
    1st @lelbarou 21.0 Lbs
    2nd @littleflutterby 14.8 Lbs
    3rd @davidji82 13.9 Lbs

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @robros310
    @SisuMom2019
    @curvycalorie
    @kandi3570
    @happimess01
    @vjsky
    @adhmrh
    @sleepymom5
    @simbersea

kj80b1v4zhra.png

• Beka3695
    WOOO HOOO!!! Looks like SHRINKING ASSETS is F2F royalty once again!

Way to go team! Let's see what we can do during the month of DECEMBER!!!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,013 Member
    This week's Challenge is UP! And I hope it will help - you'll pick 2 magic numbers to track all week, and post every day about how they are going. You can change during the week if you need to - as long as you track 2 things every day. Check it out!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10816919/december-week-1-challenge-magic/p1?new=1
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    edited November 2020
    :star:The Green Challenge :star: Percentage of people who lost weight this week. No matter how small the loss the weights are recorded in green. Remember that even if your team doesn’t rank the highest in weight loss for the week you can still be the Green Percentage winner by having the most losses in your team! So keep it up!! B)
    fxkrccd9hbcv.png

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    :star:SIGN UP TODAY!! :star:DECEMBER HABIT TRACKER

gkbzg3v4cwrb.png
  • boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Good afternoon, I'll go my intro tomorrow at work. I'm working on cleaning and cooking today.
    qpg3ur29m3l2.jpg
  • imgwendolyn2015
    imgwendolyn2015 Posts: 348 Member
    Well, starting off the holiday season w/a bang. I haven't really tracked since Thursday and feeling like crap all weekend b/c I had some gluten laden desserts that I don't usually have EVER and paying for it in the way I feel and weight I have gained-all in all, feeling depressed, low and don't feel like doing much of anything.
    I have 2 big all day meetings this week so that means I have to get my butt up early to get my workout in b/c I won't get anything done during lunch which will consist of a 15 min break to grab some food.
    So.....yeah.....I'm not doing well mentally or physically.....

I hope the two days of meetings go fast for you! You have done so great for yourself so far and I just know you will get back on track soon!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,915 Member
    Hi Shrinking Assets ...you have a new member coming your way ... Please welcome @leni1us :)
  • boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Good Morning. I am your other captain... along side my bestie@Beka3695
    I am 38 and have an 18 year old that graduated during the pandemic and moved out into his own apt in the middle of August.
    I do have a furbaby. Peter is def my ride or die (my 5 year old boxer/hound).
    I have gone from 237 to 132, and currently am 168.
    I am not sure of goals right now besides checking in here daily. I have some personal issues I am battling mentally right now.

Happy December (well tomorrow). Cincinnati is looking at 1 to 3 inches of snow today. Its so pretty to watch from inside but kills me because I use fuel oil to heat my house.
  • Beka3695
    Hi guys!!

Hope y’all are having a great day! Today is my first day really logging in probably 2 weeks.

I am determined to follow all of my accountability steps today:
    ▪️Send starting weight pic to AP
    ▪️Log food
    ▪️Format nerd spreadsheet for December
    ▪️Use nerd sheet
    ▪️Complete day under calories
    ▪️Drink the darn water!!!

I will check in later to confirm the completion of these.

• Beka3695
    Evening check in
    ▪️Send starting weight pic to AP✔️
    ▪️Log food ✔️
    ▪️Format nerd spreadsheet for
    December ✖️
    ▪️Use nerd sheet✖️
    ▪️Complete day under calories✖️
    ▪️Drink the darn water!!!✔️

Not the day I had planned... but I’m determined for tomorrow. This is better than yesterday!!!

Progress, not perfection
  • bigblues11
    bigblues11 Posts: 203 Member
    Hello!

I'm Jen, 50 yrs old, three amazing adult children, two adorable grand babies with one on the way. I have two silly rescued pit bulls and volunteer with several rescues in the area. I love all animals and nature. My kids call me a hippy dippy lol. I live on the coast in Virginia and love gardening, running, biking, lifting weights and yoga. And of course being on/in the water:)

Looking forward to making this journey with you all! I started in October 2019 at 224 pounds and am down to 158.5 as of now. Let's finish this year out strong!
This discussion has been closed.