Cathe Fans Part 5

Replies

• lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,413 Member
    Morning Ladies,

So I did the Build Balance + Inner Strength Balance and Agility workout, and it was awesome. It uses the bands and since my green band is busted, I used my blue band. My arms are seriously talking to me right now. You don't realize how tough a workout can be by just using those. This was again a workout that was done without shoes, and a lot of balance work on one leg.

Laurel, Those workouts sound awesome, and I'm glad that you had such a good virtual road trip. I'm hoping that I can participate in a future one. Have to say that I'm glad that I didn't sign up for this one, because of our weekend plans. I'm very happy that you enjoyed the workout, and I'm sure that you will like the other two. These are workouts that I will not dread doing when I have them in a rotation. Very glad to hear that she is going to be using the fabric bands. I have some of those, and only get to use them occasionally. One of the things I like about them is that they don't roll like the other bands do. Usually snow/rain does mean ice for us, but this was a really wet snow and it wasn't followed up with cold temps. I'm sure we will have some of those days in our future.

Thelma, Great job on your workout. Hope that your knee continues to improve, it sure sounds like you are taking care of it well. Enjoy your yoga classes, and very nice that the instructor is taking input from everyone. That can only help her improve the service. Yep we are getting the warmer temps in the 40's and 50's for tomorrow. I'm sure that will change.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,772 Member
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was 4DS Lower Body premix, the core work from 4DS Kickboxing and a 30 minute spin from Peloton. I feel more recovered now from the weekend workouts and Christmas decorating. I am certainly not as young as I used to be.

Thelma, great workouts! I am glad your knee is feeling better. I hope you enjoy the yoga. Like you, our temperatures are pretty warm right now, but we are getting storms today. So far it has just been lots of rain and some pretty strong wind. Hopefully that is all it is and we don’t get any tornadoes through here. Our temperatures are supposed to drop into the 40s next week with lows in the 20’s. I haven’t seen a snowflake yet on the weather forecast, but I suppose it is possible if we get moisture during the night. Thankfully since DH is working at home, it can snow all it wants. :)

Laurie, great workout. I am really looking forward to trying another one of those workouts on Saturday. I am glad both you and Thelma are familiar with fabric bands. I think it will be awhile before Cathe announces more workouts, but that gives me some time to look into them. Her business partner, Chris (who was at the Road Trip we attended), was with her during the Q&A session, and he said that gyms across the country are being completely devastated right now. That combined with a belief both he and Cathe have that gyms are going to completely change as a result of COVID, has them concerned. They both mentioned that their DVD business is helping and hope the equipment business does as well. But when somebody asked what Cathe’s future plans were, she answered ‘I just want to survive the pandemic’. I actually appreciated the honesty from her.

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,507 Member
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Wednesday were Zumba, Yoga Basics and 4DS Lower Intensity Step - Chest, Shoulders and Triceps.
    My knee is back to normal. Thanks for asking ladies!

The yoga class wasn't too bad. The instructor's concept was good but not my cup of tea. The physical part of the class was great. The 'acceptance' part of it was OK. First she had us observe our hands and mentioned that the first things we notice are the flaws on our hands. We don't even think how useful they are and everything we do with our hands.
    She then gave us 5 minutes to write down how we would describe ourselves to others, then the class started. At the end of the class she had us take a look at our self description and circle the adjectives and underline the verbs. She suggested we focus on the actions that we do. Nice concept. I just felt that I wasted 5 minutes of my class. I think she could've asked us to write the description prior to the class.

We had a very cloudy day and it's been raining pretty hard tonight. We're going to be in the high 60's on Friday.

I can't believe tomorrow is Thanksgiving!!

Laurie, sounds like another great JS workout! Good job! Bands can really give you a good workout. How is your toe doing?

I think the yoga instructor is helping her business but making sure her audience is satisfied.

Laurel, great workouts! I am so glad you're feeling recovered from the exhausting weekend you had!

There's no way we're going to get snow next week. It will be too warm for that. I'm glad your DH is working from home. I thank God every day because my DH works from home full-time.

I looked up the fabric bands. They are elastic fabric bands not the yoga silks that I was thinking of.

Happy Thanksgiving my friends!

Thelma
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, I hope you had a great Thanksgiving. Ours was quiet and just the two of us as usual.

My workouts on Friday were Wind Down Friday and 4DS Lower Intensity Step - Back and Biceps. Sunday workouts: Gina B low impact cardio and LITE Stacked Sets Lower Body.

We're getting a lot of heavy rain tonight. Next week we are going to have very cold temps and possibly snow.

Have a great week ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

My workouts where as follows. On Thursday I did P30 Upper Body, Friday was P30 HiiT Pyramid Premix (this was a good one), and this morning was Jessica's Walk Strong 3 Upper Body. We had a very quiet Thanksgiving. DH and I went to see his Mom and Uncle, and dropped off some food for them both. Most of the time I spent sewing. I made a reading pillow for my niece, I had her name in our Christmas name draw. It turned out really cute, and now I'm going to make my Mom and Dad one.

Laurel, Love the 4DS workouts! I hope that the gyms are able to recover, but I'm glad to hear that the DVD business is helping Cathe's business. I can't imagine what those other places are having to go through. Every morning I go past a gym, and the amount of cars in the lot is minimal compared to what it was before this all hit. Cathe is a smart lady, so I think that they will come up with something interesting for the future.

Thelma, Great job on all your workouts! Interesting way to start out that class. At my age I have come to accept my body, but I guess I don't really look at my hands all that much. My toe is fine, and I'm able to do everything on it. At the end of the day it will do some talking to me, but in the morning it is fine again. Sorry to hear that you will have some rain a possible snow. It is very lightly snowing this morning. DH and I didn't even realize it until we saw the flakes in the light of the flashlight.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Hope you enjoyed the long weekend. Our Thanksgiving was very nice and very quiet. DH bought a smoker a couple of weeks ago and smoked our turkey. We had gotten a fresh turkey from Whole Foods, and between that and the smoking, it was about the best turkey I have had. We will definitely repeat that. We spent some time over the weekend on home improvement projects and I gave the house a really good cleaning on Saturday. So, yesterday, with the cold weather arriving and lots of fog, we spent the day in front of the fireplace, I finished a book while DH watched football. It was a much needed day of rest, that’s for sure.

For workouts, on Thursday I did 4DS Chest, Shoulders and Triceps followed by Cathe Live LIHI Cardio. Friday was 4DS Back and Biceps followed by a 45 minute spin. I also did a 75 minute Peloton yoga session with Kristin McGee to celebrate my 100th yoga class on Peloton. I can’t believe I have done 100 yoga classes in 14 months! I am so glad I found an instructor that makes me want to do yoga. On Saturday I did Jessica Smith Build Balance and Inner Strength Poise and Grace, and this was another fantastic workout on that DVD. I used 3# and my shoulders were feeling it. I can’t wait to do the final workout next weekend. Anyhow, I followed it with 30 minutes of yoga focused on the hips. Yesterday was LITE Stacked Sets Lower Body and Abs 1 followed by a 30 minute spin. And today was LITE Stacked Sets Upper Body and Abs 2, followed by Rockout Knockout.

Thelma, great workouts. I am not sure I would have liked that exercise of assessing your hands, though. I think I would have been a bit frustrated by it, to be honest. But, like Laurie said, at my age I accept and appreciate my body for what it is and what it can do. Our temperatures have taken a nosedive over the last 24 hours and it is trying to snow right now. I wouldn’t be surprised if you get some at your higher elevation. It is nice to have a taste of winter, but I admit to having been spoiled by the mild weather we have had this fall. I want to go out for a walk! :D But these really cold temperatures aren’t supposed to last too long.

Laurie, great workouts. I am glad you enjoyed that Perfect 30 HiiT Pyramid workout. I find it can be just as intense as you want it to be on any given day....with a taller step, a 4” platform, no step, impact or no impact, etc. I think it is probably one of the most versatile workout segments Cathe has filmed. Love the sound of the reading pillow. Your creativity is so amazing.

Enjoy the day.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, I went crazy working out today. I finally started my Peloton trial membership and I'm hooked! I love the choices.
    Monday's workouts: Peloton Dance Cardio, Peloton Beginner Ride, LITE Stacked Sets Upper Body and Ashtanga Yoga. My arms were crying for mercy with the Stacked Sets workout!

My bike is really old but looks like new except for the break knob part. We've replaced it before and bought an extra one. It broke half way through my ride and I had to push it manually in order to get resistance.
    I knew we had the extra parts but secretly hoped DH wouldn't be able to find them. LOL
    I was choosing which bike to order when DH came back upstairs to tell the bike was ready to go for a long time! BUMMER! LOL! He was really good and thinks I should still get the bike but I'll wait to see if they have other sales.

It was super windy this morning and on the cold side. The temperatures dropped rapidly during the day and by mid afternoon it was snowing lightly. I didn't stick at all until tonight but it's nothing more than a dusting. The wind picked up tonight and temps are in the high 20's and will continue in this pattern all week I think.

Laurie, fantastic workouts! How nice of you to bring food to your in-laws! I bet your niece and your parent will love the reading pillows! How's the banner coming along?

Any body part I don't like I try not to look at. I just accept my body the way it is even if I don't like it. I am thankful that I can still move and do the things I do given my auto-immune diseases.
    I'm glad your toe is doing better.

Laurel, I'm glad you had a nice Thanksgiving and I'm glad you two allowed yourself a day to rest! The smoked turkey sounds wonderful! How long did it take to cook? We just buy a turkey breast and made it in the air fryer. It was good too.

Great workouts! I was checking out the famous Chris McGee's yoga workouts and I loved what I saw! Congratulations on completing 100 Peloton classes in 14 months. I have to admit that I loved the spin class but I think it would be better if I had a newer bike. Which brand did you get? Does it have a computer screen? I really wished Peloton would offer a choice without the screen because I hook up my laptop to a large screen tv which I love.

I hear you on the strange yoga class. I don't know what's up with these women trying to do therapy yoga. I hate it! The one who started that here is a psychologist and a brand new instructor. I HATE her yoga classes because she doesn't shut up the entire class. I end up totally irritated after hearing her talk. I've only taken one of her full classes but no my favorite instructor and her have teamed up. Gwendolyn my favorite instructor teaches the first 40-45 minutes of the class the the other woman teaches the last 15 minutes as a restorative class. Even those 15 minutes drive me nuts. Now that I have the Peloton choices I will probably drop the class with this lady.
    We are having the same weather Laurel. People in town are totally excited about the snow. Of course, to you and I it's just a dusting! A tourist asked on FB tonight when would be the best time to visit and see snow. Lots of people replied with: Right now! Tonight! LOL

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning was Jessica's Walk Strong 3 Cardio Hit. Forgot how fun and tough this workout is. :D

Laurel, Your Thanksgiving sounds wonderful, and nice that your DH enjoyed using his smoker. Great job on all your workouts! I was surprised at how my upper body felt after that Jessica workout too with only 3# weights. Congrats on the 100th yoga session, you are very inspirational. I'm going to be getting in a yoga session tomorrow, so I'm probably not going to make it to 100 quickly, but will be making the added effort to get more into my routine. That is what I found out with that pyramid workout. I think I may be getting out the older HiiT workout one of these days, because it sparked the desire to do that workout too. :D

Thelma, Congrats on your new membership, but dang on the bike getting fixed. :D Great job on all your workouts, and so happy to hear that you are enjoying the new workouts. I'm sure that it will give you some added variety. Can't imagine what that yoga workout is like with all that talking. That really has to be annoying. I have the wise men done for the banner, so all I need to do is lay out the hills/mountains and the star. My dd's where very helpful with picking out the fabric for the hills. They picked some great fabric. LOL about the people wondering about the snow, I'm sure that it doesn't stick around for long.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    edited December 2020
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was a 60 minute spin with Peloton followed by Perfect 30 Mobility Basics and Core. What a great workout combo today.

Thelma, great workouts! I am so glad you tried the Peloton app and enjoyed it! There is just so much there to enjoy. I am sorry your DH fixed your bike, though. I have a Sole SB900 cycle, and, no, it does not have a screen for viewing workouts. It has a small display screen showing pace and heart rate and such. And there is also an option (at least it was an option for me, which I don’t have) for a tablet holder. But I hook my phone to my TV and view my spins on the TV screen. Anyhow, I love it. DH keeps suggesting we get a Peloton but I love the footprint of this bike (small), and the fact I can wear normal workout shoes instead of cycling shoes. I have had it now three years, and it survived being shipped to Alaska (originally) and moved here with no issues. Here is a link.....just in case since Christmas is just around the corner. :D

https://www.soletreadmills.com/exercise-bikes.html?gclid=CjwKCAiA8Jf-BRB-EiwAWDtEGngsErQBLbkgkaUsk-HuyylnYkej9e2G8s0lcofqiqNxkFDEASmoqRoCbioQAvD_BwE

I would not enjoy all that talking during yoga either. Kristin McGee does a lot of talking, but it is almost always about the yoga pose or yoga with the odd reference to her kids and, of course, the ‘shout outs’ to people who are taking the classes live. These ‘shout outs’ are a Peloton tradition that I didn’t quite understand or like at first and hardly even notice them anymore. So if they annoy you, hopefully they disappear from your attention over time as well. Anyhow, one of the things I like about Kristin is she doesn’t make yoga a psychological journey of self exploration. She cues, tells some cute stories about her kids, sings along with the music all while still respecting the traditions of yoga. I don’t know....but it all just clicked with me in a way I can’t describe. I have tried the other Peloton yoga instructors who are all good, but, well, I always reach for the same instructor when it comes to yoga. With spin.....not the same story. :D

About our turkey, DH removed the spine (a process called spatchcocking that I did not witness) and cut the turkey in half (which was not as difficult a process as I thought it would be), and our 14lb turkey cooked in about 3 hours. It was so good that we were literally eating it as he was carving it! Sounds like your weather is the same as ours. It is chilly today but the sunshine is back which makes me smile. B)

Laurie, great workout. Is that the kickboxing one? If so, that is such a fun workout. I think it would be fun to do the Shock Cardio Double Waveload Pyramid with the new Perfect 30 Pyramid HiiT! I had planned to do the Perfect 30 High Impact HiiT and Pyramid tomorrow, but I might have to steal your idea. >:) I’ll decide tomorrow I suppose. Thank you for calling me inspirational when it comes to yoga. This sort of consistency is not something I ever imagined I would achieve when it came to yoga, that’s for sure. Who knew I would find it from a spin cycle app?!? That’s life I suppose.

Until tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Tuesday were Peloton Dance Cardio, Yang and Yin Yoga and Peloton Beginner Ride.

The temperature this morning was 22 degrees. DH and out at about 7:30 to the supermarket but it didn't feel too bad as it wasn't windy. Apparently it kept snowing overnight and we had a little dusting here. Schools were cancelled due to the fear of black ice.

Laurie, great workout! Some Jessica's HIIT workouts are tough! Good job!

I need to use the spinning bike a lot so I can wear off the last break knob thing again! LOL
    I am really enjoying the Peloton workouts I've done so far but most importantly it's helping me get back into spinning. Even the beginner workout is a bit of a sweat fest.
    The talking during yoga is annoying.
    You are really close to finishing that banner! Sounds pretty and I'm glad your dd's were good shopping assistants! LOL
    The snow doesn't stick around here.

Laurel, great workouts!! I can't imagine doing a 60 minute spin class! Good for you!

There is really a lot to enjoy on that Peloton app and the price is amazing.
    I was really disappointed at DH fixing the bike but that's OK. One of these days the parts he replaced are going to need replacement and that will be the end of that bike.

Thanks for the link to those bikes! I can't believe that they still make Johnny G bikes! My bike is a Johnny G bike. Probably an original Johnny G bike!
    I like that your bike has a small footprint because I have a small space. The Peloton supposedly has a small footprint too. I'll have to measure my space!
    I don't think you need those cycling shoes for the Peloton. They just want to sell you shoes too.

I go crazy with the psychology yoga lady. I've yet to hear any shout outs but I don't think it will bother me because people do it on Zoom classes too. I will definitely try Kristin's classes. My yoga instructor is adding more classes and one of them is the Barre. Her teacher the certified instructor who kicked my butt months ago will start teaching once a week I think. I love her.
    So far I've tried two spin instructors and one of them teaches dancing classes too so she was fun.

OMG that turkey sounds soooo good! I can't believe your DH went though the trouble of removing the spine but I imagine it's easier to fit the bird that way into the smoker. The cooking time was very short!

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning was Jessica's Walk Strong Dynamic Stretch. I'm counting this one as my first day of yoga/stretching so I can have the same 100 day goal as Laurel. :D

Laurel, Love the workouts! That P30 workout is on my schedule for next week. Very interesting way to cook that bird, I will have to mention that to my youngest dd's bf. He has a smoker, and I'm sure would be interested in that process. Will be interested to see if you do that combo of HiiT workouts, I'm sure it will be a tough one. Yes that workout is the kickboxing one with the added blasts. I always forget how good that one is, so should do it more often.

Thelma, Great job on your workouts! You are getting some cold temps. It was really cold for us this morning, so it was nice that there was no wind. LOL about wearing that bike out so that you can get a newer model. You will have to be prepared with a back up model, just in case you do experience a problem. ;)

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout started with ICE Muscle Meltdowns for Triceps, Biceps and Shoulders. I thought it would be a bit of a pain exchanging DVDs, but it wasn’t at all, and this just flew by. My arms feel nicely spent. I have grown to love these Muscle Meltdowns. I followed it with ICY Core 2. But because I had already been switching out DVDs, I decided to move Laurie’s suggested combo of Pyramid HiiTs from Shock Cardio and Perfect 30 to next week. So today I did the Perfect 30 High Impact HiiT into the Low Impact HiiT premix. I have done these workouts back-to-back before, but always with the low impact first. I think I enjoyed putting the high impact workout first more because I felt my heart rate stayed up better during the low impact workout.....and I wasn’t thinking about how I was going to get through the high impact workout the entire time I was doing the first workout. :p Just love these Perfect 30 workouts, no matter how I do them.

Thelma, great workouts! I am so glad you continue to enjoy the Peloton app. The instructor Tami recommended to me when I started with Peloton was Ally Love, and she teaches some of the dance classes (and barre) as well as spin. She makes me smile. I don’t have a favorite instructor, but I do have my preferences on any given day for music and personality and such....and they are all unique. My legs don’t move very fast, so I know which instructors push the speed more, and I like to climb, so I know which instructors do that more. But I try to do a wide range of instructors, just to keep things different. And yet there are a couple I still haven’t tried after all this time! :o Anyhow, if you have any questions, let me know. Yes, the turkey cooked quickly, which is why DH did it that way. It made Thanksgiving so easy, which I like.

Laurie, great workout! And congratulations on Day 1 of yoga! I will be trying that double HiiT pyramid combo next week. I am looking forward to it! Should be tough but fun. I highly recommend cooking turkey this way in the smoker. DH also injected the turkey with a butter sauce, which added to the moisture. But it was so good I hope we do this throughout the year because one of my favorite meals is, oddly, a simple turkey sandwich.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, it was 21 degrees here this morning but it warmed quite nicely later on.

My workouts on Wednesday were Zumba, Peloton beginner's ride and Muscle Meltdowns for Biceps, Triceps and Shoulders.

Our wildlife visitors now include a pair of beautiful gray foxes! We've seen one during the day and two nights ago we had two foxes outside.

Laurie, great job doing a yoga/stretch workout! It is so good for your body!

Cold temps are more tolerable when there's no wind. I definitely have to research the spinning bikes. I like the fact that Peloton gives you 39 months to pay interest free.

Laurel, great workouts! I love doing the higher impact workouts first. I love it for the reason you experienced about keeping the heartrate elevated. Do you still have the multi disc DVD player? I still have mine so it was great switching the DVDs. Those Perfect 30 workouts are wonderful. I really hope Cathe will come up with more like workouts like that.

OMG Ali Love is the instructor I went for first! Except it was a dance workout and didn't pay attention to her name until you mentioned her. I did one of her beginning rides yesterday and I loved it. She is so much fun! I love how good the instructors are with those beginner rides! I am trying different instructors too.
    Have you ever done one of the bike bootcamp rides?

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning was Jessica's Boost Metabolism + Muscle Total Focus. This one is fast becoming my favorite metabolic workout. I love all the moves, and my hr stays up throughout the 30 min. Tomorrow I will be taking a day off, in fact I have the all the Fridays off for this month. :D My BIL is up by my parents because he is taking them to Minneapolis so that my Dad can get a nerve removed from his jaw. He gets severe jaw pain, and the nerve appears to be the problem. Anyway he has my parents set up for virtual, so I'm hoping that we can all have a zoom call at some point around Christmas.

Laurel, Awesome workouts, and nice that you changed up the HiiT so that is was doable and not a dread. I know I would feel the same way about having the High Impact just waiting for me. :D You are funny that you are looking forward to that pyramid adaptation, but I think that it would be a good workout. I love turkey sandwiches, and my favorite one is turkey, bacon and avocado. Panera got me hooked on that combo. :D

Thelma, You still are having some cold temps. Great job on your workouts, keep wearing that bike out. ;) Very cool that you get to see so much nature. That is a great deal with the Peloton. I love it when you get to pay for something with no interest. DH and I have done that many times. Wonder if Ali Love is any relation to Jari Love the fitness instructor.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout started with Cathe Live Glutes and Thighs, which is a 60 minute workout consisting of four sets of three exercises, each set repeated once. It is one of my favorite Cathe Live leg workouts. I followed it with a 30 minute HiiT and Hills spin and 20 minutes of yoga....and a nice walk with DH. :)

Thelma, great workouts! Your temps sound almost identical to ours. I love these cooler nights for sleeping. How fun seeing foxes like that. With all the building around us, we hardly see any wildlife anymore, which is sad. Yes, I tried a Bike and Bootcamp class. Actually that is one of the reasons I question whether Peloton has the option to spin without bike shoes because the instructor changed shoes for the weight section. Anyhow, I enjoyed it very much. My only problem is my weights are in a different room so it isn’t as easy to change weights and such as it would be if they were next to my spin cycle. But the structure of the class itself I very much enjoyed. Sadly I no longer have my multi-disc DVD player. It had to go away when we moved here, but I was surprised not to be bothered by having that little break between body parts yesterday. I changed the DVD out before doing the last exercise of the body part I was doing, so it was just about ready when I was just about ready to start up again with the next body part.

Laurie, great workout. Is that one a DVD? Hope you enjoy your day off tomorrow. I also hope all goes well with your Dad in Minnesota. I am glad your parents are now virtually connected. I find I have gotten really used to visiting through Zoom. As crazy as this year has been is the upside is I chat with my sisters via Zoom once a week. I feel like I have seen them more this year than I have since we left Denver 28 years ago. I hope we never stop doing it, even when the pandemic is gone. Anyhow, you made my mouth water with the mention of turkey, bacon and avocado! I have been addicted to good turkey sandwiches since I worked in downtown Denver (all those 28 years ago!) and a deli across the street from the building I was working in had just the best turkey and Swiss cheese sandwiches. I still crave them all these years later.

Enjoy the day.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Thursday were Zumba, Peloton ride and Lower Body Blast. Still trying to kill my bike! LOL
    We had another cold night last night and the temp this morning was 22 again.

Warmer temps tonight and even a little rain.

Laurie, sounds like you did another great JS workout!
    I hope you can have a ZOOM call with your parents soon!
    I love turkey, bacon, avocado sandwiches. I love avocado sandwiches!

Peloton does offer a great payment solution for their expensive equipment.
    I don't think Ali Love is related to Jari Love. Ali is a beautiful black woman.

Laurel, great workout combo!
    I love cooler nights too. We don't leave windows open here but the house gets a little cold at night when we lower the temp.

I am so glad I asked you about the bootcamp classes! Sorry you had to get rid of your DVD player.

My current bike had cleats and toe cages. I use the toe cages. I found this very educational article cycling shoes for the Peloton bike.
    https://thebikersgear.com/do-you-need-special-shoes-for-peloton-bike/

I think it would be a pain to change shoes during the bootchamp workout!

Have a wonderful weekend ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning my workout was Jessica's Burn Fat & Have Fun Stride and Step.

Laurel, Great workouts and of course your nice walk. Yes that workout is on her Boost Metabolism + Muscle DVD. That one has three 30 min workouts that include upper, lower and total body. All of them are very good workouts and very easy to do heavier weights. My Dad did great with his surgery, and he is already home. I'm looking forward to actually seeing my Mom and Dad vs. just talking to my Mom. I'm guessing that we will be doing a large zoom meeting for Christmas, it will be nice to have everyone together. Just to bad that we can't be up there visiting them. Isn't that something how food can bring back memories. I have that with some of those dishes that you only get when you are back home. My DH and the girls where never big on sauerkraut, and of course I grew up with it, so when I'm up north that is something that I just crave.

Thelma, I giggled when I read that you are trying to kill your bike. Love it! Nice workouts also. I just hope that my parents are able to figure out how all this technology works, that is the only problem that we can encounter with them. :D LOL, I guess that they probably are not related, unless there was a marriage or something. Now I'm probably going to have to have one of those sandwiches, because it really does sound good.

Have a great weekend,
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today was one of those days I didn’t feel like working out.....but ended up really enjoying my workout. I did the ICE Muscle Meltdowns for Back and Chest, and did the 4x each set premix for both. Then I did Step Boss IMAX4 with Bonus Abs 2. I have been avoiding step workouts for a couple of months because my plantar fasciitis was flaring up, but it is feeling better....and it was so fun to do step again! I have missed it.

Thelma, great workouts! I love that you are trying to wear out your spin cycle. Thank you so much for posting that article about Peloton and shoes. This explains why sometimes I just can’t match the speed (well, that isn’t only because of the shoes, but I do think it may be part of it). It definitely gives me something to think about if and when the conversation comes up again about buying one. I think may be another Christmas conversation between DH and I because it does seem to come up every year since I got a spin cycle. :)

Laurie, great workout. Thank you for the information of the Jessica DVD. That’s another one I will look into. I am so glad you Dad made it through the surgery okay and is back home. No doubt it is hard not being able to spend the holidays with them, but hopefully just being able to see them electronically will make you all feel better. I so agree about food memories. Christmas time is great for that. I always start craving things my mom made for us when we were kids or things we made together as we got older. Not great for my waistline but nice for my memories and mood. :)

Enjoy the weekend.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, I hope you had a nice weekend. Ours as always was nice and quiet.
    My workouts on Friday were a beginner Peloton ride, Muscle Meltdown for Chest and Back and yoga.
    My workout on Sunday was ICE Boot Camp Circuit.

Laurie, great job with your Jessica Smith workout!
    I am so glad your dad did well with his surgery. I hope he is feeling well. You need to start practicing that Zoom thing with your parents so they're ready for the Christmas Zoom call!

Laurel, great job pushing through your workouts! Great workouts!
    You're welcome on the spin shoes article! I had NO idea what purpose the shoes serve. I thought they were to protect your feet. I used to have a pair of cycling shoes and gave them away a long time ago because they became narrow for my bunion. I bought them at a cycling store in MA. I think I would have to do that when it's time to buy a pair. I would buy the ones Peloton sells but them only offer them as part of a package and I don't need some of the stuff included in the package. Why would I need another exercise mat?
    No doubt the right shoes will make a difference in your speed Laurel. I hope your DH brings up the Christmas gift conversation soon!

Have a great week ladies!
    Thelma
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Hope you enjoyed the weekend. Ours was slightly busy but nice. We did some housework, some yard work, and on Saturday I convinced DH to take a long walk with me. While on that walk, he convinced me to make at least one batch of Christmas cookies which I did when we got home. :)

For workouts, I started with the third workout on Jessica’s Build Balance and Inner Strength DVD which was Poise and Grace, and it is another good one. All three of those workouts are keepers for sure. I followed it with 30 minutes of power yoga with Kristin McGee. Yesterday was a tough Cathe Live combo of two circuit workouts....Lower Body Cardio Block Party and Breathless Upper Body. Each workout alternates a block of cardio moves and a block of strength moves. Good stuff. Today was a 60 minute spin with Peloton, followed by a 30 minute ‘mishmosh’ premix from the Perfect 30 Flow DVD. This was a core focused premix taking moves from both Yoga Strength and Mobility Basics as well as including all of the bonus abs section. I really enjoyed this premix.

Thelma, great workouts. Well, DH and I had the Christmas gift conversation on Saturday night! And, of course, he wants to buy a Peloton. I told him what I have told him for the last two Christmases....I don’t need one. But if he will use it (or my current bike, justifying having two spin cycles in the house), it is great with me. We’ll see how this goes, but I have a feeling I am going to end up with a Peloton someday. :D I am fine with that, but I also really like my current bike so I am not anxious to get rid of it.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel