The Sober Squad- Alcohol Free Living

Replies

• RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,157 Member
    I love reading and learning about how the brain works. Here is a good video on Dopamine Detox. Around 5 min. mark, he speaks about alcohol. https://youtu.be/9QiE-M1LrZk
  • RubyRed427
    My anxiety does not happen often but it still does. So, I take a Half of lorizapam when I really need it which is maybe twice in a month. It takes the edge off. But overall, much less anxiety. Maybe in your second month it will taper off even more. @FeelinFooFoo
    @donimfp Last night, I felt so anxious I could not fall asleep but the previous week I slept well. I think it does occur when I feel very overwhelmed with pandemic and school.
  • RubyRed427
    @FeelinFooFoo I love that app! I like seeing your calendar month with all those teacups!
  • mainelylisa
    mainelylisa Posts: 375 Member
    I agree. We experience anxiety for a reason. And if we ever had a reason...2020 is it. Booze helps anxiety and bad whatever go away...for a few hours...but it always comes back worse. There are several theories and sites for breathing techniques to help sleep. Here's one. https://www.healthline.com/health/breathing-exercises-for-sleep#guidelines.
  • mainelylisa
    mainelylisa Posts: 375 Member
    Thank you, @RubyRed427 I'm so glad your sister made it through that. Sometimes luck is on our side when biochemistry/addiction is not.

For me, I'm going to try to focus on things I want to do and learn, and experience, rather than what I'm missing. I've been stuck for years in a blahness. Stuck with photography. Stuck with my memoir. I'm determined to get to where alcohol no longer tempts me. Where I don't have a desire to drink like a "normal" person. Curious if anyone here is there.

I did manage a workout yesterday and yelled "*kitten* alcohol--cause it's sure *kittened* me" throughout. It felt pretty good. :-)