Relapsers getting Real Healthy Accountability group- 2020-2021

Replies

• trienn
    trienn Posts: 29 Member
    Hiya,
    I'd love to join in as well!

Few years ago I went from 150 kg to 75kg, being super active and super healthy. But the last 2 years were emotionally and physically turbulent and I have started gaining weight and falling back into some old unwanted patterns :(

I find it very hard to motivate myself, but am slowly getting back on track. My goal is be constant with MFP tracking and get back to regular exercising (I miss my runs).

Same boat!! A few years ago I did MFP and became very active. Went from 225lbs to 153lbs. I’ve started back about 2 weeks ago again at 225lbs. I’ve lost it before, so I’ll lose it again! I’ll be sure to maintain all my hard work this time!!

Definitely looking for some accountability but not just a long friends list. So if anyone is interested add me and shoot me a message!

Me! We have similar story :)

• melichalupa
    melichalupa Posts: 297 Member
    Hello I would love to join!
    I have been stuck at a plateau for almost 2 years and during that time I yo-yo between a 5-10lb range. It’s really difficult after losing the first 20lbs. I would like to get another 15lbs off of possible. I have been eating pretty good-no fast food, no over processed foods and I cook breakfast lunch and dinner each day. My exercise routine could be more consistent. I am thinking of ordering weights online-if anyone has any suggestions.

CW: 172
    GW: 165
  • Rashmi411
    Rashmi411 Posts: 67 Member
    I got a mushroom allergy on Wednesday. Thursday I was offline because of Thanksgiving.
    Im working and back today. I maybe over carbs today but I will log everything in. I am doing bodyweight exercises today. The gym near my parents house closed. I probably would not have gone.

Meghan- Thanks so much for your enthusiasm. You are a bright star. You are right exercise is 80% of this.

Trent- YES YES YES, Welcome to the group. I am 43 Single, I thought of having a child but I wasnt in a good relationship. I live alone too. I am at my parents right now. Your exercise looks really good. Congrats. I had an old fitbit and am considering a new on. Congrats on logging everything in. You are doing so many good things.

Have a great Black Friday!
    Rashmi

• Safari_Gal_
    Safari_Gal_ Posts: 1,461 Member
    Hi @Rashmi411 and group. Such awesome energy in here!

2020 has been a struggle. I felt a lot more fit last year. Was exercising all the time and sleeping real well. Had such energy!

When life in NYC went crazy starting in March... I haven’t been to the gym since. (A few spin classes once spin opened but not as much.) Energy is in toilet....morale blah and stress through the roof.

Not sure why I’ve had a hard time re committing and refocusing. One would think in the pandemic that health would be my priority...I stopped exercise and became a slug.

I haven’t weighed myself - scared to. I definitely know the skinny clothes wouldn’t fit right now. My birthday is on Monday. Need to make some changes! Would love to have my old energy and tone back. I’m eyeing those super skinny pants too lol.

Have a great night all!
  • HealthyTrent
    HealthyTrent Posts: 157 Member
    edited November 2020
    @Rashmi411 - thanks for the welcome! I love my fitbit - I find seeing my steps very motivating.

@Safari_Gal_ - I think a LOT of people are struggling with motivation/focus/etc. during the pandemic. I try to remind myself that things are really strange right now, and we're all getting by as best as we can. Maybe focusing on just a day (or a choice) at a time might be helpful?

Yesterday I ended up walking just over 5 miles spread between 3 sessions. Today I walked a 3 mile loop with one of the dogs (I think he was ready to be done after 2...) and will be trying to do a shorter walk (maybe 1 mile) with the other dog later today. It's nice to be able to spend more time being active on days when I'm not working. It's been awhile since I've been regularly active, and this feels good. I'm down 4 lbs in less than a week, but I'm sure a lot of that is water weight associated with my switch to healthier eating & more activity.

My eating yesterday and today has been on track. I'm proud that the other day I was able to have 2 oreos and stop.
  • melichalupa
    melichalupa Posts: 297 Member
    @Safari_Gal_ I also am in NYC. I believe the lockdown impacted us more than we can imagine. I am working from home currently and find myself struggling to find motivation to even roll out of my bed.
    What I have found that was helpful was making small goals to complete in the day and making habits of them- for example I make the goal of having a stretch before my first patient call of the day which is usually at 9am. It has been working so far.
  • HealthyTrent
    Hope folks have a good Sunday! Yesterday & today have been filled with poor eating choices, but I've logged everything and still have time today to get some activity in. I just felt really sad yesterday and let that play out in my food/lack of activity.
  • louisejen5918
    louisejen5918 Posts: 66 Member
    Hey all and of course @Rashmi411 I'd like to join this gathering too. This has been my first day back after 3 months away, I've logged everything and come in under.
    I've put over a stone on and don't feel as good as I use to (I'm still massively overweight with or without the stone, but I felt better, clothes didn't cling, I have more umph!)
    So hopefully the accountability can help me keep on track. Feel free to friend me and kick me up the butt when needed xx
  • 2016goalreached
    2016goalreached Posts: 43 Member
    Hello, All! Wednesday - Sunday were filled with excess. I'm back on it today, though. Gotta resist the fudge I made yesterday...
  • lpenn2011
    lpenn2011 Posts: 4 Member
    Hello I'm Lala,

To see this thread was refreshing. Im beyond a relasper at this point but trying to not quit on myself time and time again. I was really motivated on MFP a few years back and feel it helped me stay on track. I would love to make friends and build each other up as many of my family no longer believes in me. I believe in me however, and eveyone on this forum. Im a busy engineer, wife, and mom of two but im also a person. I would love to make friends, please feel free to add me. Let's step into the season of 2021 successfully. 🙂
  • lpenn2011
    lpenn2011 Posts: 4 Member
    @Safari_Gal_ I also am in NYC. I believe the lockdown impacted us more than we can imagine. I am working from home currently and find myself struggling to find motivation to even roll out of my bed.
    What I have found that was helpful was making small goals to complete in the day and making habits of them- for example I make the goal of having a stretch before my first patient call of the day which is usually at 9am. It has been working so far.

Thats a great idea of breaking up small goals.
  • 2016goalreached
    Welcome to the group, Lala! I think, in addition to relapsing time and again, we all have in common that we are not quitting on ourselves. We wouldn't be here, if he had! :smile: I know what you mean about your family not believing in you. I feel kind of like a fool sharing my successes with mine just because I know what they must be thinking - that it's just temporary. Honestly, I feel the same way. I truly want to reach my goal and STAY there. Getting my weight and health under control will affect so many aspects of my life in a really positive way. It's the one thing I really want to change/improve. It's just so hard! I look forward to all of us being successful!

Meghan
  • HealthyTrent
    @louisejen5918 & @lpenn2011 - welcome!

Just checking in for the day - I've recovered after my bad day on Saturday. I ended up walking 22k steps yesterday!! I didn't intend on it, but I joined some fitbit challenges and that encouraged me to go for more. I got a ton of steps by walking in my TV room while watching TV. I also did a 3 mile session on the treadmill and some housework that gave me steps as well.

So far so good today - my goal is to try and get some movement every hour. I work a desk job and it's easy to just sit ALL DAY, but I know that's not good for me, and it's surprising how much the steps add up if I get up and walk around for a few minutes each hour. I just did a 10 min walk on my lunch break and am planning to do a longer treadmill session after work.
  • 2016goalreached
    Great job, @HealthyTrent! 22K steps is incredible! Sometimes we spend the weekend in Downtown Denver, and that's pretty much the only time I can break 20K. Why was Saturday a sad day for you? Are you ok?

I got 4K steps in mid-morning. My husband and I both work from home, so we try to get out for a mid-morning walk. The sun felt nice. I'd like to get more in, but today, I'm going to keep it conservative and just try to get at least 5K steps. After work, we need to get to the UPS store to ship a holiday package to my in-laws, and we have a massage scheduled for tonight too! I've been on track with my food so far today - just gotta stay away from the fudge I made yesterday...

• ClearNotCloudyMind
    ClearNotCloudyMind Posts: 238 Member
    Hi, Bex here. I’d love to join in too.

I’ve always seen myself as in control of my life and choices. At the end of October this year I faced I to the realisation that I had let my weight creep up since nearly hitting my goal weight in 2016, and that I was now at my heaviest non-pregnant weight ever.

Thinking it through, I realised I’d either have to admit that my weight was out of control and buy new clothes, or get on with it and lose the damned weight. Obviously I decided to lose the weight (I’m here) and have lost 5.5 kg over the course of November. Turns out I was eating a LOT of biscuits!

I still don’t quite believe that this time it will stick, so am trying to focus on tomorrow/this week. However in the quiet background of my brain there is the old 63kg target. I’d love to get there for keeps. On the way I hope to regain a little self esteem and a lot of self respect.

Based in the UK, 41 years old. Married mother of two and career changing to become a teacher this year. Turns out that not having the time to stop and eat lunch in the day really helps meet calorie goals!

Here to cheer you all on. It’s hard sometimes to believe that this time is different but it’s in our power to make it be!
  • 2016goalreached
    Welcome, Bex! I love that! "It's hard sometimes to believe that this time is different but it's in our power to make it be!" Let's do just that! Make it be!!!

Meghan
  • louisejen5918
    Just checking in.
    I've drunk almost 2 litre of fluids, been peeing LOADS!!! Almost at 5,000 steps (which is the most for quite some time), and I'm under my calorie allowance.
    A great day here x
  • 2016goalreached
    Fabulous job, @louisejen5918 ! Do you have a weight loss goal? Like a certain amount per week, and are you weighing yourself? I weighed this morning after days of holiday foods, and it was not good! My goal is 1 pound per week.
  • louisejen5918
    Hi @2016goalreached I'm weighing myself every morning, but only using the one on Sunday to show a week's progress.
    I don't have any current expectations, I just want to lose. My mfp is set for 1lb weekly loss for now.
  • NikaIris
    NikaIris Posts: 42 Member
    Oh yes, this is the right thread for me!
    I'm 5'7. As a teenager I was pretty chubby, at age 19/20 I lost a lot of weight and ended up at 130, which I loved and will probably never weigh again in my life. During college I slowly gained weight back but maintained a few years around 150lbs.
    Then during work it went constantly up and up and up with a few futile attempts at losing weight in between. I ended up with 220 lbs when I was 35 - not great.
    2017 to 2018 I lost most of the weight and got back to 145/150lbs which was awesome and I felt really good. I maintained for a while, but during this year I gained about 20 lbs. And I can't even blame Covid, it's been mostly my secret snacking.
    Two weeks ago I weighed 167lbs - what a wake up call. I don't want to end up weighing 220 lbs again. :cry:

I've been really good the last two weeks and today I weighed in at 162. Maybe I can do 155 til christmas. ;)
    Goal weight would be 135-140lbs (61-63kg).