November 2020 Monthly Running Challenge

1323334353638»

Replies

• eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,650 Member
    Mari33a wrote: »
    Faebert wrote: »
    I haven’t received my Pastor Vincent medal yet but I am in the UK so I’m guessing it will take a while. I don’t have many running medals but they all mean something special. Will be so nice to add ‘his’ one.
    I also haven't yet received mine. Mail from outside of the country has been taking longer since March. @eleanorhawkins has yours arrived? Any of the other Europeans get yours? I'm trying to contain my excitement... they look great in the pictures.

I’m in Ireland & it’s not arrived yet either but it’s nice to be looking forward to the postman everyday.

Nope, no sign of mine yet either. But stuff from the US generally takes about 3 weeks to reach me, so I figured if those in the US have had theirs this week mine wouldn't be reaching me for another couple of weeks at least. And that's on a good year, without factoring in Christmas. Post sucks this year. I'm still waiting for something that was sent from the UK on the 8th of October. And the birthday cards my family sent my daughter back in October got sent back to them without ever reaching me :(
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Mari33a wrote: »
    Faebert wrote: »
    I haven’t received my Pastor Vincent medal yet but I am in the UK so I’m guessing it will take a while. I don’t have many running medals but they all mean something special. Will be so nice to add ‘his’ one.
    I also haven't yet received mine. Mail from outside of the country has been taking longer since March. @eleanorhawkins has yours arrived? Any of the other Europeans get yours? I'm trying to contain my excitement... they look great in the pictures.

I’m in Ireland & it’s not arrived yet either but it’s nice to be looking forward to the postman everyday.

Nope, no sign of mine yet either. But stuff from the US generally takes about 3 weeks to reach me, so I figured if those in the US have had theirs this week mine wouldn't be reaching me for another couple of weeks at least. And that's on a good year, without factoring in Christmas. Post sucks this year. I'm still waiting for something that was sent from the UK on the 8th of October. And the birthday cards my family sent my daughter back in October got sent back to them without ever reaching me :(

3 weeks sounds about right, when things are "normal". Maybe we'll get ours for Christmas <3
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Just finished my last run of November! Haven't been on the forum since the beginning of the month, but I've been busy running! I would say the Run with Hal program has been a success so far and I am now 17 days away from my first official 5k race. It's virtual but I got my swag for it a couple weeks ago and I'm itching to run it. I've kept pretty good discipline with the plan, doing strength training and stretching after every run. Only skipped one run this month.
    Goal: 42.5 km Finished: 39 km (because of the skipped run)
    I feel really fit overall and every run has become easier. I'm walking less and running faster, without feeling like I'm dying lol.

Be sure to give us a race report!

I remember my first 5k, I was still in the middle of c25k and had to walk part of it but it was so exciting. It wasn’t until my second 5k race that I could manage to run without walking. It’s amazing how quickly our bodies can adapt!
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Thanks so much for all the cold weather running clothing suggestions!! I appreciate it so much! I took notes, and will see what I have (like, one shirt), and can find (all the other stuff!!!).

🤗
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    @katharmonic Gotta say that pic of the guy going up the icy tree roots makes me shudder a little. You are amazing!
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,685 Member
    @katharmonic - You are a very well-rounded athlete! No way would I have tackled that icy waterfall! Yikes!
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member