WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2020

Replies

• auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,463 Member
    edited December 2020
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: take BP, veg prep, dogs to powerline, pick out glasses, update Joe’s rx list and re-choose his Part D
    Bonus:
    Get to do: take BP, Trader Joe’s, Natural Grocers, email info to grantwriter, watch STAS Day 18 (go sniff), submit grant pics and receipts, test Bluetooth speaker so can do BB&B or T’ai Chi from voice recordings, make experimental almond paste, declutter sideboard, practice new dances (I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat), A Little Less Broken, One margarita, I’m so used to being broke, All Night, Nothing but You, Blame it on my beating heart, Homesick); finish mulching flowerbed; broadcast cover crop seed in veg garden areas, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove.
    Reward: inventory seeds, plan next year’s garden, wishlist replenishments!

Do Good December
    1: Share the Kindness calendar with others and spread kindness: zj0pa1aq09w3.jpg

Weight on Dec 1 exactly the same as on Nov 1: 143.3 I’ll count no gain over Thanksgiving as a victory.

Just skimmin’ but Lisa’s favorite things question made me stop and think. Favorite memories all involve Mama. Favorite things now, 1=seeing Christmas lights after dark, 2=baking Mama’s almond crescents and holiday nut balls, making Auntie Di’s English Toffee with my spin, and KJ’s adult fudge while listening to Christmas records, yes vinyl on turntable, 3=the smell of fresh cut Christmas fir.

Rebecca singers seem to run in your family, does Athena Rose sing?
    Kylia @kymarai and Karen in VA @KetoneKaren so glad to see you drop by. Think of you both often.
    Kim :love: your thoughts on sharing to make community. Delighted your roomie and his GF are working out so well. A little spoiling won’t hurt you one tiny bit!
    Michele ((hugs))

OK time to “get up” do my morning thing and hit the road. TJ’s has a senior hour from 8am on Wednesdays and Saturdays and that’s where I’m heading.

Does anyone have any experience with or recommendation for a food saver gizmo? Just thought how handy it would be for sending goodies that need to be protected from damp or shifting damage.

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    December: better than November.
    daily: sit with Joe: 1, weigh: 1, steps>5505=4492 vits=1 log=1 CI<CO=1 CI<250<CO=1 Tumble & Shadow 5=1 mfp=1 outside=1 up hill=1
    wkly: T’ai Chi or BB&B x3 =0 rx= dance= clean 30 mins=
    mnthly: board mtg= grant= 20for20=0
    bonus: AF=1 play=0 sew=0
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    🎄 Decorations for the Christmas season nearly done. Our Christmas tree won’t be brought in for a while yet. It is a living plant. We will transition it in in stages.
    😁 Dentist appointment this morning. This is a new dentist for me & she has a plan in mind that will require more than one visit.

Katla
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,707 Member
    LisaInAR wrote: »

What are some of your favourite things about the holiday season?

Later, y'all,
    Lisa in AR

The decorations.
    The music.
    The yummy treats.
    The stories.
    The Christmas Story.
    The movies.
    The crafts.
    The community events - carols, theatre, etc..
    The Christmas Services.
    The time off.
    The sleep.
    The reading of books.
    The cycling, walking, hiking, running, etc.
    The beach.
    The slowing down and resting.

rr8ltna220ir.png

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,707 Member
    We've been working on decorations today.

My husband put up the window lights, from indoors ... they aren't on the outside because it would be much too difficult to reach.

We put up the patio lights this evening. It was easier with the two of us. I also did a bit of weeding in the patio. Weeds and moss grow up between the bricks.

Then the evening progressed so I moved inside. I've started sorting through decorations. The wreaths are up, as are a number of other things we hang. And I've started working on some stars as a little craft project. It's an experiment! The most recent Christmas craft project I've done was to make a wreath about 3 years ago. I just haven't had the time.

I'll keep working on it all for a little while tonight and then tomorrow.

Oh, and I've started listening to Christmas music! :)

Machka in Oz

o037vppondtg.png

• KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,823 Member
    <3
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    o:)
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    B)
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,286 Member
    B)
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,435 Member
    ==
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    edited December 2020
    Allie - glad you're doing ok... thinking of you, girlie!

Lisa in AR
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,128 Member
    Oh b....r Allie. :# Get well soon!!!!!! <3

Love Heather UK xxxxxx
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,435 Member
    /
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Happy December 2. We have a few holiday decorations up on the inside of our house. There is quite a lot left to do. :smiley:

Peach: Thank you so much for letting us know about Allie. I am adding my prayers for her to recover. Infections are worrisome. :heart:

Allie: It is great to see you posting!!!!!! I think of you often. :flowerforyou:

RV Rita: Thanks for the Dunkin’ Drive through photo. It is good to see ET in his mask. :wink:

Dentist appointment today. I had a tooth cleaning at my new dentist’s office a week or two ago and am now on step one of taking care of a filling that was left undone when my previous dentist had a health crisis and closed his practice. I liked him, and wish him well. I am pleased with the new dentist.

We are working on Christmas decorations. Outside lights are nearly done. Inside decorations are up, except for the Christmas tree. It is a living tree, and we won’t bring it indoors for at least another week. We transition it into the garage, then the house. After the holidays, we transition it back to the garage and then outside.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    edited December 2020
    Hi everyone
    Things I love about Christmas:
    • Christmas Carols
    • Christmas movies
    • The lights - I love looking at the decorated houses
    • The spirit of Christmas - everyone seems a little kinder
    • Children singing
    • Did I mention Christmas movies :)

Goals for December:

Keep on with the challenge (Wk 4 of 6 Wk Challenge This is the longest I have stuck with an exercise routine)
    Keep logging my calories (I still need to work on getting into a calorie deficit!)
    Be grateful for what I have
    Be lighter at the end of the month
    De-clutter one item ever day during December!

Thanks Barbie for keeping us going, I will try and participate more in the group.

Love to all <3
    Viv UK
  • charsuzy
    charsuzy Posts: 234 Member
    Good Morning! I am up earlier than usual. It is sunny outside instead of gray dreary weather. Hello to all and I hope you are all enjoying your day!

charsuzy
    Washington state, USA
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,618 Member
    Hi Gals,

Allie – keep taking care!

Barbara – you asked about shipping goodies – I do it year round to my god kids and nephew – and I use what I call “one ways” those are the containers that to go food come in or pre packaged berries or other items… I put the cookies or whatever in those then pack them tightly in a box. Some of those have air holes some don’t so choose what’s right or line the one way with plastic wrap.

Rita – great mask wearing alien!

Love about Christmas –
    - Decorations
    - Lights
    - Cards
    - Wrapping
    - Cooking
    - The brisk air

Kim from N. California