The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• Dannypuck
    Dannypuck Posts: 1,067 Member
    Turned 40 in July. I'd offer the Scent of Ben Gay for the group title, but I'm a noob.
  • AmandaBlue1
    AmandaBlue1 Posts: 19 Member
    Hey everyone! Trying to change my lifestyle. Just about to turn 44, I had a baby 6 months ago and it is wayyyyy harder to lose weight now then it was with my first. Feel free to add me!
  • NorthStar77
    NorthStar77 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Happy bloody wednesday everyone!
    And what a great one it is!

• cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,679 Member
    Happy Hump Day!!

It feels like this week is going by fast, maybe it's becuase I'm still making up from last week with work...and my kids being here and keeping them on task is...a handful. I actually literally growled at my son this morning because he hadn't plugged in his Chromebook last night. Ooops!! Some coffee will calm me down...right?

• LunaTheFatCat
    LunaTheFatCat Posts: 237 Member
    Suuuure, coffee is known for its calming effects... B)
  • GymBard
    GymBard Posts: 29 Member
    Good Morning Everyone! :) The morning walks are always beautiful but getting COLD! I had to break out my old watch cap yesterday. Not quitting, though. I've got places to go and promises to keep! <3;)
  • cgrout78
    Suuuure, coffee is known for its calming effects... B)

well, i'm less likely to murder someone after I drink it?
  • GymBard
    GymBard Posts: 29 Member
    mshawski wrote: »
    Morning, all! I hope everyone is having a great day.

Small victory on this end - I do small group (now smaller and socially distanced) classes at my local gym and last night is the first time on this journey that I did all the push-ups as real push-ups and none on my knees! I’m a little proud of myself, despite how silly that sounds. The scale was good to me this morning too, but I hesitate to log it the day before Thanksgiving in fear of not seeing it again for a week after the pie tomorrow. Lol.

Im feeling good today, I hope you all are too! 🤗

Non-Scale Victories are a BIG DEAL! Congratulations!
  • PippiPapaya
    PippiPapaya Posts: 2 Member
    I'm 37 in a couple of weeks and the heaviest I have been. Lost of bunch of weight a few years ago doing MFP. Post-lung surgery and a few years down the line, here I am, wanting to really make it more sustainable and develop it into a healthy life style. Please feel free to add me. I'm a vegetarian (attempt to be vegan when I can) but would be happy to make friends and am really supportive encouraging! Good luck!
  • mshawski
    mshawski Posts: 1,050 Member
    cgrout78 wrote: »
    Happy Hump Day!!

It feels like this week is going by fast, maybe it's becuase I'm still making up from last week with work...and my kids being here and keeping them on task is...a handful. I actually literally growled at my son this morning because he hadn't plugged in his Chromebook last night. Ooops!! Some coffee will calm me down...right?

Coffee always helps! Lol. You and I are feeling the same energy today.
  • mshawski
    mshawski Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited December 2020
    Happy Wednesday all!

I hit the 45lb mark today, and am officially now just "overweight" and not "obese". While happy I’m also like “but wait - I’m only half way, ugh”. I'm running out of steam. Lol. I need to figure out a small prize to encourage myself with to hit that 50lb mark by the end of the year. I got myself a ring for my 50% of the way there victory at 42lbs. It’s a lovely blue ring. I’m a little obsessed. Maybe my love of rings is talking here, but I’m thinking the 50lb mark deserves celebrating too!

Anyone working towards fun prizes for various milestones?

• lisachmitchell
    lisachmitchell Posts: 28 Member
    I was thinking of a venti soy latte at Starbucks 🤷‍♀️
  • cgrout78
    Happy Wednesday all!

I hit the 45lb mark today, and am officially now just "overweight" and not "obese". While happy I’m also like “but wait - I’m only half way, ugh”. I'm running out of steam. Lol. I need to figure out a small prize to encourage myself with to hit that 50lb mark by the end of the year. I got myself a ring for my 50% of the way there victory at 42lbs. It’s a lovely blue ring. I’m a little obsessed. Maybe my love of rings is talking here, but I’m thinking the 50lb mark deserves celebrating too!

I used to do clothes as a prize for myself, but now I just want to fit BACK into my clothes, so...LOL. There's that I guess.

A ring sounds awesome. Maybe I should do a massage or spa day when I hit my goal.
  • lisachmitchell
    Sounds lovely ☺️
  • lisachmitchell
    I need another coffee now...fading fast😴
  • I’m definitely loving this! Feel free to add me.
  • LunaTheFatCat
    LunaTheFatCat Posts: 237 Member
    Happy Wednesday all!

That's absolutely amazing and by the sounds of it you will hit the 50lbs soon!
    Not sure about a ring, it may be too big for you once you've hit target? But I suppose some matching earrings would work? B)
  • cgrout78
    good luck Braydan!!!!