NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Replies

• theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,210 Member
    edited November 2020
    @teresaw1020 Yes let's turn our ships around. I'm so sorry about your pastor. What an awful thing to happen. I hope he heals quickly and glad it wasn't more serious.

@gemwolf110 My Thanksgiving was good. I would be fine just having pumpkin pie for dinner and that's it. I'm the only one who likes it now that my daughter is not here so I don't make it anymore. Because I would just eat it one slice at a time.

@trooworld I got 50%. I usually just count plain water but used to count my moonshine but I haven't drunk that in a while. I wonder what that would taste like hot. Like a hot toddy? lol My goal for December is to habit stack water with my short walk in the evenings I take to finish up my 300 cals. I normally burn about 200+ calories in the mornings when I do my exercise and have to finish up the rest in the evenings. So 1 1/2 glasses with the first half of calories and 1 1/2 glasses with the second half.

Yellow- didn't track
    Intentional movement: 39 min walk
    46 zone minutes minus 1 for inactivity 7/8

November goals:

Green dot day *****
    Drink 6 glasses of water :|
    Burn 300 calories :|
    Preplan food :(
    Thursdays: Reduce amount of French Toast and add Apple Walnut Parfait-
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,854 Member
    @theslightedgeforever I got 50% yesterday, too. You should try the hot moonshine, you never know, you might like it. That's a good idea to habit stack.

Hi all. I'm so disappointed in my weight this morning. I know it's not my official weigh-in day and I'm supposed to be averaging out the weights because they fluctuate every day but I do count today in a sense because it is the last day of November. Today's weight left me a gain of 4.4 lbs for November instead of a loss for November. :( I know part of it is I'm not drinking enough water. I am working on that. Food is pretty good and I am tracking (although sometimes not until the next day). I'll turn it around in December, hopefully.

COMMITTED.
    Goals for Nov 22-Nov 28:
    - track 90% of food intake
    - drink 2 (26 oz) bottles of water a day
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @trooworld I know you are disappointed with the gain for this month, but you will turn it around. I just had to have a tough talk with myself because this whole weekend had me eating all the things. It’s a new week and we are going into a new month, so we just have to do what we know works! Treat drinking water like its medicine or like it’s your job. Make it a non-negotiable! You can do it. <3

Good morning! Well, last evening, DH and I got a call from our pastor. It was good for me to be able to talk to him and gently rage at how he scared me half-to-death. He thinks that he passed out while up on that swivel barstool and has no memory of anything until the paramedics were putting him in the ambulance. He is OK, but his left arm is seriously broken, and he will have surgery on Wednesday. I’m supposed to have our staff Christmas party on Friday, but that is up in the air until we know how he does with the surgery. If we have to postpone, then that is what we will do. :/ My eating and fasting have been half-hearted since Thursday’s over-indulgence so I’m back at it hard this week and will fast until dinner and a my 500-calorie meal today. I want to go into New Year doing what I know will get me to my goal weight in 2021 so that is what I’m going to do!! B)
  • trooworld
    @TeresaW1020 Thank you so much for your support and the good ideas about liquid intake. We are going to crush December!

COMMITTED.
    Goals for Nov 22-Nov 28:
  • theslightedgeforever
    @trooworld I'm sorry your weight wasn't what you expected. So only way to go but down, right? Maybe you are holding some sodium bloat so it will go down quicker and December will be a wonderful month for you. I got 25%

@teresaw1020 Yes, you will crush December. I'm shooting for 2.5 lbs. More worrisome is why would your pastor have passed out? My dad is famous for falling off ladders and stuff and breaking things. Maybe it's a pastor thing. lol I'm still praying for his quick recovery. Although now he doesn't have to hang the lights at home if he hadn't done that yet. I can find the silver lining in any situation.

Yellow- didn't track
    Intentional movement: 65 min walk
    33 zone minutes minus 0 for inactivity 8/8

November goals:

Green dot day *****
    Burn 300 calories o:)
    Preplan food :(

• cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,559 Member
    MORNING all. It's been a different weekend. I am so learning about me, you would think at my age, I would have this figured out. I read all the post and am sorry, I wasn't on this weekend. I am sincere in wanting and getting my health back. I have let some triggers I thought were gone, trigger me. I am also learning about forgiveness. Sometimes that is hard, depending on how deep the wound is. Here is what I am looking to in Dec. I WI today and since I didn't write my weight down, last week, I don't know if I gained. I think I gained .2 lb so not going in the right direction. My goal is to loose 2.5 lb in Dec. I would like more, but this is a reasonable goal. I am also trying to learn about habit stacking. Here's the deal, my whole life I was organized and set goals...then I allowed my people and past hurts to take control of my life. My preacher had such a great sermon yesterday. It was about letting go of the past and moving on. I will stop now. The other thing is I am working on a blog..

Thank you guys for always being here.

@theslightedgeforever I had to laugh at the Pastor thing..yes dad was always breaking something. You know I blacked out in June, still don't know why..thank you for being my sister who cares.

@trooworld What a nice thing to do for your BIL. You are such a giver. You are going to crush DEC. I just know it.

@TeresaW1020 I am so sorry to hear about your pastor. It so brought back when I broke my wrist last year at church. I am praying for him and you. That was a lot of trauma. Yes turn your ship around..I am going to do the same.

@mswatson0777 Yea for getting your papers written. LOL I remember SIMS. my grandkids used to play that all the time. I should ask them if they still do. My daughter was a big player with them LOL. I am sorry about your grandma..that I am sure is tough. Thank you for caring and I am glad you will see her soon.

@gemwolf110 So glad you had a great Thanksgiving. I only ate one piece of pumpkin pie. My DD ate almost one whole one herself. LOL

Cbabie
  • mswatson0777
    mswatson0777 Posts: 290 Member
    @theslightedgeforever Sorry to hear you've been struggling with balance. Is there anything in particular that seems to be throwing it off?

@trooworld I'd definitely recommend the Sims 4 if you need a distraction, it's even more addicting now if you can believe it. And please don't beat yourself up over the post holiday weigh in, give yourself a few days for the sodium to level out. There's no way that's a real gain!

@cbabie I believe in you!!! I love that you are learning more and more about yourself and addressing the triggers that turn you away from your goals. We're here to support you!

@TeresaW1020 I'm so sorry to hear about your pastor and I'm so glad it was just a broken arm and not something worse! I hope surgery goes well for him.

@gemwolf110 Glad to hear your Thanksgiving went well, hope you have a great week!

Happy Monday All! Sorry I didn't check in yesterday, I was busy setting up my home office and getting my cooking and laundry done for the week ahead. It feels great to have an office space and be able to work from home again. Hopefully with the new space will help me stick to my goals and stay away from the kitchen since I have to walk upstairs to get to it instead of just staring at it all day like I was from the kitchen table. Now I stare at our elliptical so maybe it'll prompt me to get on it more! I didn't overeat or binge all weekend long so I'm feeling pretty proud of myself. The house has been purged of junk (I'm even getting rid of the bread in the house while I'm working from home and focusing on whole foods to further prevent any unnecessary overeating). Hope you all had good weeks as well!
  • trooworld
    @TeresaW1020 I don't know why but I missed the last part of your post from yesterday so I'll comment on it now: your poor pastor, that sounds awful. I hope his surgery goes well. Get back on that horse, girl! You can do it! :)

@theslightedgeforever Yes! I hope December is a great month for us all. I got 100% yesterday!

@cbabie Morning! 2.5 lbs in December is reasonable, I think. That's great that you had a good and helpful sermon on Sunday. I hope I do crush December, and YOU crush it, too! ;)

@mswatson0777 Oh dear, more addicting? LOL Thanks re: the gain. Sounds like you have a great setup to work at home. Good luck! And a good idea to get the bread out of the house.

Hello all! My weight is down a little today so I am encouraged that I can still have a loss this week. I am now back to work full-time as of yesterday, it feels great to be back. The governor of CA is threatening to implement a stay-at-home order any day, that would be terrible for my work. I'd still be able to work from home but my company would suffer and that could make me suffer lol. I hope it doesn't happen.

COMMITTED.
    Goals for December:
  • mswatson0777
    @trooworld I'm thinking positive thoughts for you and I'm excited that you finally got to go back to work full time. Are you full time in person? How does it feel being away from the house again?

I took one look at my schedule today and just groaned. I've got back-to-back-to-back meetings from 8am-4:30pm with one 1/2 hour break (keep in mind, I should have an hour lunch break in there somewhere) so today is going to be rough. I also got my draft back from my advisor and it looks like I largely have to scrap it and start over (some of it I can salvage for later chapters so it's not a total loss...it just sucks).

My original goal was to have all three first drafts out by the end of winter break, but now with the significant revisions I don't know if that's going to happen or not. I've got until January 11th to meet it and I do have 12 days off over the holidays which will help immensely. I'm going to keep my goal of writing two pages per day over the break, and dedicating at least 30 minutes a day to my dissertation up until then. It's all going to come together, it just feels exhausting and overwhelming.
  • theslightedgeforever
    @cbabie I'm glad you are still learning. Here's a article on habit stacking.....https://soberish.co/habit-stacking/

@mswatson0777 Balance- I'm going to blame hormones. If I could figure it out I could fix it. Sometimes it's like my mind falls into a black hole. I track daily Food, weight, journaling. Recently I found I was missing days worth of data. But I still work on it. Now I am trying to learn to laser focus. Yaaay for not binging or overeating. Sorry about your paper. I hate wasting my time. Just focus on each day.

@trooworld Woohoo on your 100% I got 50%. Glad to hear the scale is going down. It will be so nice when this whole covid thing is over.

Yellow- Went Over 171/164
    Intentional movement: rest day
    3 zone minutes minus 3 for inactivity 5/8

November goals:

Green dot day :(
    Burn 300 calories *******
    Preplan food o:)

December weekly goals:

# glasses of water
    # OP days
    # preplanned days
  • TeresaW1020
    @theslightedgeforever Great article on Habit stacking. I have been trying to work on brushing my teeth right after I drink my two cups of black coffee in the morning. I’ve been drinking my coffee --> washing my cup --> brushing my teeth --> and then either get back on the computer or do something else. I’m about 75% good at sticking to the routine. :)

@mswatson0777 Ugghh I feel for you with all those meetings and what a bummer that you had to scrap so much of your work. You will make it happen because you are diligent about your goals. :)

@trooworld That is great that you are back at work and that you are happy about it. Bummer about Newsom threatening to lock things down again. I don’t know how you Californians tolerate that man. I have family in Bakersfield and my cousin is constantly raging about him. :grin: Yayyy for weight being down. You are going to have a great week. <3

@cbabie I think that is awesome that you are working on a blog! :) And yes to letting the past go. I have had to do that several times in my life and it’s hard but so much better for us if we learn to truly give it to God and let it go. Yes, I remember how much you went through with that wrist of yours. I’m not sure how pastor is going to manage with his arm in a cast. But he is incredibly stubborn so he will figure out how to make it work for him. ;)

Good morning! It’s cold here today!! Mom and I just got back from shopping and the stores were already getting crowded. I’m still not sure about my party on Friday but I’m acting like we are having it so I have some housework to do today. I talked to my pastor yesterday and he wants me to hold off on postponing the party until after his surgery on Wednesday. He was very happy when I told him that he wouldn’t have to play any games and that I would make him cheese sticks. Fingers are crossed! :)
  • cbabie
    Afternoon all, I didn't walk today but I did sweep the house, you know like moving furniture sweeping, not just going around it. LOL so hopefully that helps. We have tile and hardwood floors and the dust here is tremendous.
    It is so cold here. I am in socks and a jacket IN my house. LOL. I have to fight baby girl to wear them. Her hands and feet are like ice.

@trooworld I of course watch what is going on in CA, since we are so close. I hope he doesn't, and I am glad I don't live in CA, some of the things I read. LOL. Happy your weight is down. I am sure you have got this

@TeresaW1020 I am sure your Pastor is stubborn, I think if your a good pastor you learn to deflect some of the bad things..So I am sure he has a strong support group and and family to help him heal quickly and you know also to protect him from doing too much. I didn't want to give up my routine for a broken wrist...but we all know how that turned out LOL. I am so glad he has YOU.

@theslightedgeforever I will go back and watch that..I can't right now..but thank you for sharing. Oh yum french toast. I can't eat that stuff. I can eat a whole loaf of bread and not be full.

@mswatson0777 I am so sorry about your draft, but you know that was probably the hard part. I remember one time my professor redlined all my paper and I was so upset, but you know before turning in more, I knew what to look for and didn't have all those redlines come back at me LOL. I am sure your office is great. So sorry about the meetings. I remember trying to eat something to keep my stomach from growling and not be crankbutt..but it was always something not good for me..just quick. So glad you purged your house. lOL

cbabie
  • cbabie
    @theslightedgeforever great article. Thank you
  • trooworld
    @mswatson0777 Thank you! I am working full-time on campus 1 day a week, the rest remotely. It kind of stinks, going from 20 hours when I had time to take a nap, go to appointments, etc. to 40 hours when I have no time lol. That really sucks about your day and your draft. I'm sorry. I hope you can get it back on track to meet your goal.

@theslightedgeforever I got 100% again yesterday. 50% is pretty good, too! It will be very nice when this COVID thing is over, I'm sick of it.

@TeresaW1020 Thank you! Yeah, it stinks that we might get totally shut down. :( I'm really hoping it doesn't happen. It's really cold here too (cold for here lol: 45F). Fingers crossed that the surgery goes well for your pastor and you can have the party!

@cbabie That sounds like a lot of work! It's cold here, too. I hate the really cold cold. Poor baby girl! Yeah, it stinks being here right now.

Hello all! Well, I had a really stressful day yesterday workwise. People wanting information from me that I just didn't have and it wasn't like I was supposed to have the information. I am going to go to the job site today, I have too much that needs to be done in the office so I'm going there. I hope today is not a repeat of yesterday. :( We got sushi last night, it was really good. My weight continues to go down a bit.

COMMITTED.
    Goals for December:
  • mswatson0777
    @theslightedgeforever I totally get that. Sometimes life just gets away from us. Honestly, I feel like days are just disappearing or blending into each other (and hormones don't help!)

@trooworld I'm sorry your day was so stressful. I totally understand constantly being asked questions that you don't know the answer to (but are somehow expected to!). I bet your librarian research skills comes in handy for situations like those!

@cbabie I struggle with not eating my feelings so much during the workday. Everything is so stressful so getting that quick shot of energy from sugar is truly like a drug. And it sounds like you had a productive day of cleaning! Dust is the never ending battle!

@TeresaW1020 I hope your pastor's surgery goes well! Those cheese sticks sound amazing, how do you make them?

I'm now on Day 5 of this never ending Zoom training. Y'all, I lost it yesterday. Like completely lost it. We had a group project and had to meet outside of the already never ending training. I had wall to wall 1/2 hour meetings, instant messages from my team needing attention, and an inbox that was overflowing. I DID NOT HAVE TIME FOR THIS. My group members are legitimately my personality opposites, and are like butterflies who can't focus, and I was not patient or kind like I would normally be. I was pouring from an empty cup. I know it was short and rude, and I don't feel good about it. I apologized this morning, but I think the damage was done.
  • cbabie
    It's cold here, finally turned on the heat..it was 66 in my house. Baby girl will NOT wear socks or house shoes. SMH. Yesterday other than cleaning was a bust. Life is hard at best rn, but I am really trying to move forward and not go backward. This is just where I am fighting my fears..like do I get a book from the library or do I just get the ebook. I so love turning paper pages...while I am curled in my chair with a blanket over me. LOL. But I decided the ebook. I want to read a book a month, to try and get that part of my life back..so another goal. LOL

@mswatson0777 I read your post about losing it. Maybe it was time for the butterflies to stop being an ornament and actually be more than a butterfly. Maybe an ANT...you know small but works? Maybe the "damage" as you called it needed to be done. AZ has too much dust. I can still remember saying you mean I have to dust more that on Saturdays? I have a gf who says it's a protective covering for her furniture. LOL

@trooworld I am sorry you had such a trying day. I hate that when I can't answer someone. It goes against my personality. I hope you have a better day today and GREAT job on still losing!!!

Cbabie
  • TeresaW1020
    @cbabie It’s cold here too and I don’t like it!! I just got an ebook. I like them because they are always with me on my phone. :)

@mswatson0777 I’m sorry to be misleading about the cheese sticks. I buy some from the frozen section and put them in my oven. My pastor has simple taste. :D I am sorry that you had such a stressful day at work and I’m sure that your team understood. We all have days when we are running on empty and you just gotta do the best you can and try to regroup for the next round of craziness. :/

@trooworld Uggghh you too with the terrible day at work. I hope the rest of the week goes better. Yayyy for the weight going down. I had sushi once but didn’t care for it. I thought it was boring and lacked flavor. Maybe it was the place I went to. :)

@Hi everyone! Well, my pastor is home and resting and his wife said that the surgery went well. I am waiting until tomorrow to ask them about the party. Fingers crossed because my house is clean and I’ve already bought so much of the food. And it was hard enough for all 12 of us to pick a day that worked for everyone. We will see! I have to teach the 4 and 5-year-olds tonight because my co-teacher had to have another surgery on her eye. It’s review night and I’m planning an extra-long session with Play-Doh. ;) I did have a long workout today. I’ve made my own hybrid calendar with 80 Day Obsession and Barre Blend. Kind of the best of both without the stuff I hate. I fasted almost 24 hours today and had a 500 calorie frittata and a cup of coffee with cream. Gotta get the scale to move again! :)
  • trooworld
    @mswatson0777 Thanks. Yes, they do actually! :) YOUR day sounds like it was so stressful, I don't blame you for losing it. I'm sure your team members understand where you are coming from. Some of them might be at the same point. I hope today is better for you.

@cbabie I don't blame you for turning on the heat. I admire your perseverance. A book a month is a great goal! I hate it when I can't answer someone, too. It makes me feel so stupid and at my job, knowledge is king and if you are not knowledgeable, people look down on you. Luckily, the people I didn't have the answers to give to are not necessarily like this. My new manager said she doesn't mind when people tell her that they don't know something, that it is a perfectly legitimate answer. That made me feel a little better.

@TeresaW1020 Thanks so much! Me too! Sushi: it depends on what rolls you choose. Some have a lot of flavor and some...meh. That's great that the surgery went well and your pastor is at home recovering. I hope they say yes to the party today. It would be a shame to waste that food and the clean house! Play-Doh...I used to love that stuff. I always was tempted to eat it lol. Sounds like you are back on the ball, congratulations!

Hi all. I have what I think is the beginning of a migraine, probably the result of the weather and stress. Yesterday was much better but I was constantly being interrupted by either my director or my manager so I didn't get as much done at the job site as I had wanted. More questions were asked that I couldn't answer at that moment but I did the best I could to find the answers. Some, I was successful, some are waiting on other people. I'm glad I'm working from home today: I am going to take it easy if I can.

COMMITTED.
    Goals for December:
  • mswatson0777
    @trooworld Here's to hoping. Good news was it was a statewide training so my hope is that this will be my only interaction with these folks. Sorry to hear you're struggling with a migraine, those are the worst. I'm glad you're able to be home today and I hope you get some work done!

@TeresaW1020 I got a good laugh about the cheese sticks, I bet they are pretty tasty! I'm so glad your pastor's surgery went well. I hope you have a fun night playing with play dough, that sounds like a blast!

@cbabie That is too funny about the dust! In Minnesota we constantly combat snow slush and road salt in our entryways, but not as much dust. I also love paper books, they are the best! I'm glad you're able to get e-books to see you through until you can get back to paper books again.

Today is already going way better than yesterday, but then again it's only 9am so give it time...

It's another work day with back-to-back-to-back meetings with only 1/2 hour break so it's going to be a long day. I'm just glad we're closer to the weekend. I've taken a couple of long restorative walks (one last night and one this morning) instead of a workout and I really think it helped my mindset. Tonight I might do some yoga to continue this more zen frame of mind.
  • theslightedgeforever
    I'll check in tomorrow.

December weekly goals:

# glasses of water 12/42
    # OP days 0/7
    # preplanned days 0/7