Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

I wonder if this will change anything....

2»

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,843 Member
    edited November 2020
    Is it too early to blame Francisco for read threads remaining bolded instead of becoming unbolded to let you know they've been read?

(I logged out cleared cache, tried another browser, and still have this issue.)
  • GummiMundi
    GummiMundi Posts: 396 Member
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    Is it too early to blame Francisco for read threads remaining bolded instead of becoming unbolded to let you know they've been read?

I noticed this change today, too. Now the read threads remain bolded (like you said) but they have a slightly different shade of blue. So slight it took me a bit to notice it. :neutral: This change makes it harder to identify read threads, in my opinion, so I'm not sure what the purpose is.
  • kshama2001
    edited December 2020
    GummiMundi wrote: »

I noticed this change today, too. Now the read threads remain bolded (like you said) but they have a slightly different shade of blue. So slight it took me a bit to notice it. :neutral: This change makes it harder to identify read threads, in my opinion, so I'm not sure what the purpose is.

Ok, I can see the differences now, but only with GREAT difficulty. They broke something that was working :(

4a3b8babe35fba617ab9ac7c559e6ffc.png
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Looks like it has already made some changes “premium” has at least 2 new features that free doesn’t.
  • GummiMundi
    GummiMundi Posts: 396 Member
    Looks like it has already made some changes “premium” has at least 2 new features that free doesn’t.

And those are...?
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,717 Member

Since the article says "The transaction is expected to be completed at the end of the fourth quarter of 2020.", I doubt Francisco had anything to do with recent new feature sets.

Is there something new since Net Carbs Mode (August) and Workout Plans (July)? I haven't been paying attention.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Net carbs and take a picture of your food to log it.
  • AnnPT77

Oh, man - thanks, hadn't noticed. I gotta try that one. Given what I eat, it could be hilarious.
  • kshama2001

Given the colossal mismatches from simply importing recipes, the "take a picture of your food to log it" feature should be hilarious.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    edited December 2020

Yeah, a company that can't master basic word-based ingredient searches doesn't really seem like they're ready to take on logging food from a picture.
  • AnnPT77

Yeah, a company that can't master basic word-based ingredient searches doesn't really seem like they're ready to take on logging food from a picture.

But they can put it in the user marketing as a feature, and include the users who sign up as a consequence in the registered-user count when selling ads. 😉
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member

Even better, they took the search algorithm that was working pretty well and made it worse.

Looking at the examples shown for picture logging, it looks similar to Google Lens. Wonder if they are tapping into that API?
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 wrote: »

Oh, man - thanks, hadn't noticed. I gotta try that one. Given what I eat, it could be hilarious.

Still iOS only, which may be why I hadn't noticed, so I can't play with it. 🙁
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 12,930 Member
    I got an e-mail announcing this new feature. It had a little video. In the video, they scanned a nice piece of baked salmon with some other ingredients and what looked like some kind of deliciousness on top. The app correctly interpreted that it was salmon, but just salmon. And just one ounce of salmon. It was a decent four-ounce slice of a fillet. I am curious to play with it, so maybe I'll do a free trial of premium again some time.

Or not.
  • kshama2001
    GummiMundi wrote: »

Ok, I can see the differences now, but only with GREAT difficulty. They broke something that was working :(

4a3b8babe35fba617ab9ac7c559e6ffc.png

Read-thread formatting has been fixed! HOORAY - it is SO MUCH easier to read!

3e235be7aa8ea4eca80df375581e964e.png