Weight No More - December 2020 Team Chat

Replies

• Friday check-in - the weeks are flying by. Two more weeks of work and I get three weeks off (yay!) We have our 80's theme xmas party next Friday night.

I survived lunch the other day, chose kumara (sweet potato) gnocchi, turned down ice cream afterwards in favour of an iced Americano, but I had a bad few days in general trying to keep my calories down. I've been starving, and getting a lot of migraine symptoms. Often if I just eat a bit more (usually carbs) the migraine will die down, but then I get peeved off because my calories are higher than I want them to be and I'm not in a calorie deficit. Anyway, I ate the carbs, felt better, and have managed a few days of double spin sessions (am/pm) even if my calories aren't great. It will all work out in the end, progress not perfection etc etc, and slow and steady. Don't know what my weigh-in will look like on Sunday, my weight has been up over 1kg since Tuesday. Just water weight, but will it stay, will it go in time? Who knows? :smiley:
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    12/03 steps 3756
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,157 Member
    ljdanny wrote: »
    I also looked into isogenix. I need to get control, if that scale goes up next week it might go out the window. I have been eating fruit and veggies and drinking more water so I thought I was doing pretty good.

@ljdanny - It's important to keep in mind that it takes multiple weeks for your body to respond the way you want it to for positive changes. Eating more fruits and veggies means that your body has more nutrients to make the repairs it needs to, but those repairs also require water, so I'm betting some of that extra weight is water retention. If you keep up the good habits, your body won't need extra water and electrolytes and nutrients and whatnot to keep up, so the water retention will greatly decrease.

As for Isogenix, that depends on how your brain processes eating. I know that my body thinks I haven't eaten anything if I haven't been chewing, so most shake-based systems actually lead me to eating even more, because I'll seek out a snack after I've had my shake, regardless of if I'm actually hungry. It's also difficult to get the vitamins and minerals your body needs if you're just drinking shakes, regardless of how fortified the companies claim they are, so if you're going to try it, I HIGHLY recommend a multivitamin.

No matter what you do, please please please stay hydrated. A strong majority of the population doesn't drink enough water, which leaves their bodies vulnerable.

Don't know what my weigh-in will look like on Sunday, my weight has been up over 1kg since Tuesday. Just water weight, but will it stay, will it go in time? Who knows? :smiley:

@xX_PhoenixRising_Xx - Your weight is also down around 30kg from where you started. 1kg is nothing. You know how to lose it, because you've already done it 30 times before. No matter how your weight looks on Sunday, you've accomplished incredible things.

podperson1 wrote: »
    Well, that's just as depressing as I thought it would be :'( Am really struggling with motivation at the moment, and on a complete carb crave. Urgh! I will NOT slide backwards. Please send help - preferably in the form of magic, zero-calorie cookies :D

@podperson1 - I'm working on zero-calorie cookies, I promise! Just takes a while for the science to catch up with magic, and I'm just a lowly scientist, not a grand magician. For now, all I can do is send positive vibes and cheer you on from the sidelines. Forgive yourself for any missteps you may take - bumps in the road remind us where we came from and bring us back to why we're taking our journeys in the first place. You've got this!
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,446 Member
    Sleepymom5
    Friday weigh in day
    PW-194.4
    Cw-193
    Total lost-28 pounds
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,446 Member
    Check in for Wednesday
    Food-logged and under
    Water-80 oz
    Exercise 30 min walk video and light PT/stretching

I am happy with my loss this week. I usually don't lose quickly so this is very good for me.

I ate a little too many carbs yesterday. I was ok with calories but I had stew and a roll for dinner and then the candy I had planned for. I did share the candy too(I never share candy lol). I am going to have 2 more tomorrow and then I will be done with them.

I got a job! I had stopped looking. I was being too choosy, after so many decades working nights, weekends and holidays, I decided I didn't want to anymore, plus I wanted the summers off. There are not too many jobs out there for nurses with those expectations except school nurse and those jobs are taken in my area. I was figuring I would just retire. The members who have been here a while may remember when I did the chart auditing a couple years back, the one I was worried about my outfits because I always had worn scrubs. Yes I hated it but they asked me back. There are some changes that I liked so I will give it a try. One thing is it will be remote, I don't have to go to the doctor's offices or hospitals to look at the charts. That will be good, that was one of the worst things, no one wanted me there. They also have new software which will be another good thing. It doesn't start until late January so I do have some time before I start.

I have no plans this weekend. Just finishing up decorating and getting gifts organized. It will be nice to have a quiet weekend. I think I will get everything together that I have to mail so I can send it out next week.

Hope everyone has a nice weekend!

@minstrelofsarcasm I forget what your goal was with the spin classes to the end of the year-was it 750? You are amazing! I did one 30 min class, enjoyed it but am intimidated to go on again! Lol! Tomorrow I am going to...
    @pacsnc6 Thank you! I am going to have to pay more attention to those charts.
    @ljdanny Don't be too hard on yourself. Your body is still healing so I am sure there is inflammation around from that. I think it was good that you have been eating fruit and veggies and drinking water. Don't stop! I am not familiar with isogenix but I never did good with shakes, I always seemed to be hungry after. I love what @minstrelofsarcasm and @xX_PhoenixRising_Xx wrote above. I know I have talked about it in the past but those PNP podcasts were a game changer for me. She makes so much sense. I feel like I am finally learning how to eat after 54 years. I hope you get a bike you like so you can workout at home.
    @tryingagain5 After gaining and losing the same 30 pounds with all the diets and restrictions that are out there, I learned what your trainer says is true. Everything in moderation. That is why I have been working so hard on my hunger signals and overeating. I really think we can eat what we want and still lose weight. With in reason of course. I eat healthy for the most part but if I want to have something as a treat, I let myself have it. I hope you knee is feeling better soon.
    @xX_PhoenixRising_Xx Nice job at lunch! I can understand the frustration with the carbs and calories but I would think you should do what you have to so the migraines stay away. It is smart to do the double spin sessions although that is tough too. Hope the scale is in your favor on Sunday. xo
    @podperson1 I was afraid you drifted away! I am so glad you are still here! We are in a tough time of year so it is good you stayed. Don't beat yourself up, you are here now. Why don't you make a plan for next week with little changes that will be easy for you to do. You can get through the holidays and not gain a lot of weight. You can do it! xo
    @minstrelofsarcasm I appreciate all the input you give and the science behind it. I am still chuckling about your response to @podperson1 Lol!
  • bumpbreakcar
    bumpbreakcar Posts: 191 Member
    Hello everyone! I’m new here ...

Username- bumpbreakcar
    Weigh In Day - Sunday
    CW (Current Weight): 151
    LTD (Loss to Date): 4lbs

I’ve slowly picked this weight up over time and didn’t realize it until I decided to step in the scale one day ... right before the pandemic and everything *kitten* down I was doing really good at the gym, dieting and I was down about 9lbs from what I am now. But then I became very lackadaisical being stuck in the house and now working from home. Grateful to have a job of course but I know I need to move my body more and be conscious of what I’m putting in my mouth and I feel dedicated do so! Also I used to have an unhealthy relationship with carbs lol like thinking they were evil but I realized I need to take a more sustainable approach to this fat loss journey this time !!

Another motivation to get myself together is that I did an inbody scan and learned I’m 44.8% body fat!!!! So I really want to reduced that!!

My December Goals:

1) Drink more water
    2) Eat more fruit and veggies
    3) 4 days strength training (in the house using dumbbells)
    4) Get 8k steps daily

Looking forward to getting to know you all

BBC
  • lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous weight: 135.6
    Today's weight: 133.2
    Weekly Steps: 51332

Happy Friday! I have worked so hard this week to get that Thanksgiving weight off. It paid off and I’m back on track! The one thing that’s been so bad this week is my water intake. I really need to focus again on my water. I always have water sitting on my desk but I get so into my work that I don’t want to take a 5 second break to take a drink. So dumb!!!
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    @sleepymom5 Congrats on staying in the 190s, keep doing what you are doing to get to your goal.
    Congrats on the new/old job. Surely it will be different but better working remotely. You won't have to worry about clothes either. Learning the new software will be fun too.
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    Yesterday I had the first "double dose" of Keytruda. The infusion went smoothly - in and out in 35 minutes! There were a couple accidents which backed up traffic near the hospital and a lot of people were late for appointments which resulted in long wait times for appointments. My 3 appointments were each postponed by an hour. But I'm done for six weeks. So far just a little itching which I hardly notice, no eye swelling yet.
  • 1theresamcvean
    1theresamcvean Posts: 944 Member
    sleepymom5 wrote: »
    Sleepymom5
    Friday weigh in day
    PW-194.4
    Cw-193
    Total lost-28 pounds

You're on a roll, Pam! I'm so happy to see it. You must be thrilled.
  • lenka1
    lenka1 Posts: 295 Member
    Cw: 145.6

• kirsten11872
    kirsten11872 Posts: 519 Member
    @ljdanny sorry you are not feeling well. I use Isagenix and became a consultant. I love it! If you have any questions let me know.
  • kirsten11872
    kirsten11872 Posts: 519 Member
    Hello all & TGIF!! :smiley:

It has been a bit since I have posted on here other than my weigh-ins. I am feeling good! I slacked a little and started to put back on weight. I decided I did not want to start all over again, so I got back on track. I have dropped a few pounds, hoping to drop a little more by Saturday.

@minstrelofsarcasm I have been using Iagenix since April & I lost 30 pounds. I am up a little, but heading back down. I really like their products!

@sleepymom5 sounds like you are doing well! Enjoy your time-off until you go back to work.

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend! :smile:
  • kandi3570
    kandi3570 Posts: 238 Member
    So I did do an update yesterday I don’t know where it went. I’m having issues with my phone. I will weigh in tomorrow @minstrelofsarcasm, but it will probably be in the afternoon.
    @sleepymom5 congrats on the job that’s awesome!!!
    I’ve been eating more calories this week. I’ve just been hungrier than usual. I seem to be doing well with eating more calories. I’m losing quickly. But I plateaud last week so I don’t know if it’s last weeks weight coming off finally or loss from this week. Super busy weekend for me. I have been going since 5am and I will start at 2:30 in the morning. So I’m off to shower and sleep a few hours. I hope everyone has a good weekend.
    And Welcome @bumpbreakcar!!!
  • kiane50
    kiane50 Posts: 69 Member
    Weigh in
    Original starting weight 8/21/20 prior to MFP 232
    MFP starting weight 10/8/20 216
    Last week weight 204.6
    Today’s weight 204.4
    Lost .2
  • KUMEcyclingteam
    KUMEcyclingteam Posts: 112 Member
    Having some scale issues today, stepped on this morning and it said "ERR LOWBATT". Ill fix that and check in tomorrow. Good night Rock Stars!
  • debbiewsharpe
    debbiewsharpe Posts: 423 Member
    Hello team and welcome to the new members. The picture below describes me perfectly! I need to remind myself each time before I eat,"am I hungry or am I bored." I think if I would be honest with myself, I would lose a pound or two. I weighed more this morning than I have in a long time. Almost 2 pounds over my magic number. It is time to get it back under control, eat lighter for a few days and continue with the walking and the exercise.

You may have noticed that I have been absent lately. I am trying to limit my time on the phone/tablet/computer. During Covid, I have wasted too much timme scrollling through mindless Facebook garbage. Lately there has been nothing but political post and advertisements. I can do without both. I hope that during the hoiday season that people will start posting pictures of decorations, pets, children and just plain old fashioned fun stuff again. Well, that is the end of my rant, thanks for listening.

This week has been a week of HOPE for our Advent season. We all need HOPE in our diet journeys and our life. Wishing all of you a great weekend!

yyxrru2mg47z.png
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    12/04 steps 10011

Maintenance weight 134.0
  • Zumba_Luvah
    Zumba_Luvah Posts: 406 Member
    Zumba_luvah
    Week 1
    Pw- 151.4
    Cw- 153.2

I knew I'd be up. Ate more than I should plus TOM arrived.
This discussion has been closed.