WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2020

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,706 Member
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Pip: Gloria went by her first name as far as I remember. I don’t remember her last name. She was a wonderful woman who was working fulltime and raising two grandsons. I think she lived in or near Lacey, WA. :star:

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

Possibly one of her last posts, or near it. Second last on that page ...

https://community.myfitnesspal.de/en/discussion/10593564/women-ages-50-for-september-2017

She was sweet.

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Long week!! It should have been a reasonably straightforward week, but we were thrown several curve balls ... emails, meetings, discussions, and on and on. The last three days have been chaos ... I'll have to figure out where on earth I am on Monday.

Here I thought that when I finished uni, I'd have some free time!!

When I got home from work tonight, I laid down on the sofa and fell asleep for a while, I was so tired and had such a headache.

Then I had to get up and go grocery shopping for the cycling event we're organising this weekend. I thought I had enough stuff, but in the last couple days we've had a wave of riders sign up so I had to get extras! That event goes Sunday. Tomorrow we'll finish a few little details for it.

Also tomorrow I hope to finish the Christmas decorations and tidy the place.

I am really looking forward to the Christmas break!

M in Oz
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,024 Member
    Tracey that is how I felt sometimes when I was teaching. Instead of pitching in and helping with students in need you would get the accountability police (figure of speech) making sure they would tell you what you were doing wrong. I particularly found the people who would come in and say they don't act like that when their teacher is here irritating.
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Machka
    How is the world are you able to find a post that was 3 yrs old. You must be a wonder!

Thyme
    I also live in East Cobb County. Retired teacher who taught 5th grade in Cherokee County for almost 30 yrs.

Allie
    Glad to see you sitting up and hope you are able to go home soon.

It's a rainy day here and I am sad because I had hoped to go shopping as my freezer is needing to be filled! Do not want to shop in the rain.

Carol in GA
  • Machka9
    Peach1948 wrote: »
    Machka
    How is the world are you able to find a post that was 3 yrs old. You must be a wonder!

Carol in GA

Google.

Everything we say here is available for everyone in most of the world to view on Google. Just need a couple keywords ... and there it is.

M in Oz
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,024 Member
    edited December 2020
    Lanette sorry for the stress with fur baby. I agree with vet to be proactive so she doesn't have another episode.

So far keeping up with goal to have over six servings of fruits and veggies a day. I am also starting Vit D since it is winter. I am already starting to notice a subtle change.

For those of you who have lost someone there is a song Memories on Voice by children's Choir on you tube that is worth hearing. Tissues ready. It was originally done by Maroon 5.

https://youtu.be/XB6yjGVuzVo
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,878 Member
    :)Barbara, The way I thank people for gifts I didn't want or didn't like is to thank them for their thoughtfulness and great efforts on my behalf. I often give away or throw away gifts if I don't like or want them.

:pAbout Jake's haircut, He is very particular about what he wants. It only looks too long for his taste. He has complained about nearly every haircut he's gotten from professionals so there is no chance that I could do anything that would please him.

:) I think Gloria's grandson's were teenagers which makes her caring for them even more impressive. I think they went to live with another family member.

<3 Barbie
  • WThyme
    WThyme Posts: 78 Member
    Good morning! Looks like lots of rain today. So, I guess I will be doing some indoor house painting. I have quite a few room doors and closet doors that need to be updated with fresh paint.

Barbara - Great job tossing the food you didn’t like! It’s fine to appreciate the thoughtfulness without having to eat the gift.

M in Oz - Sounds beyond busy! Happy Christmas decorating. Will you also be cycling?

Carol in GA - I’m forever amazed at how small the internet world can be. I hope that after selling the house I’m living in now, I can downsize to a new home that will still be in the area.

Lanette - So glad to hear that your dog is okay. That sounded scary!
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,433 Member
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Pip: Gloria went by her first name as far as I remember. I don’t remember her last name. She was a wonderful woman who was working fulltime and raising two grandsons. I think she lived in or near Lacey, WA. :star:

Allie: I have been wondering how you're doing and seeing your post today was wonderful. I hope you're recovering well. You are missed around here. :flowerforyou:

Barbie: I’m happy to know that the curbside pickup was available to you at the same price as instore shopping. Nice to know that you can get what you need without risking bringing germs home to Jake. :bigsmile:

We spent the day setting up our outdoor Christmas lights. It was fun and we’re happy with what we accomplished.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
    Pip

lr5ng5ph6msy.png

Oh wow...... I didn’t realize, geez, that’s sad. When did this happen
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 2,960 Member
    Lanette- poor Sophie! That must have been a shocker for you too.

Allie- keep up the good work. You will be stronger before you know it!

My mom has taken over the grocery shopping again. She goes in the morning before I get up. She is doing the cooking for my Dad again too. Old habits die hard. My dad is pushing exercise for her but she doesn't want to do it. So we are back to the beginning which makes me feel useless. She is still buying excess food and pushing food on me. Oh well, could be worse.

Annie in Delaware
  • Faetta
    Faetta Posts: 1,059 Member
    edited December 2020
    "Chili and broccoli last night - won't do that again. I'm ready for a colonoscopy today. . . lol" Gloria Jean Nelson, Lacey, Wa., age 71, Sept. 10, 2017, 1:30 AM, page 32 of the Sept. 2017 thread. This was her final post.

https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/183313686/gloria-nelson

https://www.theolympian.com/news/local/article172626801.html?fb_comment_id=1477039562373806_1477979788946450
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,124 Member
    Thank you all for your research about Gloria. I remember her very fondly and was in awe of her tenacity in taking care of those two boys. She often found it very hard, but her love for them kept her going. <3

Barbara - I usually am able to grin and bear it. :D The only thing i can't bear is other people's music or radio. My friends and family are all very forgiving of my little quirks! <3 I am a better host than guest though. Seeing someone making a complete mess in the kitchen and not being allowed to help is torture! :p
    My DSIL always produced great food in the end, but the process was painful. She always looked as if she had run a marathon by the end. I always brought homemade Christmas pudding and bread sauce to help out and often peeled veggies, but her kitchen was teeny tiny and her organisation for feeding 8 non existent! I was on edge all the time.
    One year I was very abstemious on the main, very late, meal, because I wanted to leave enough room for the pudding. It turned out they always had the pudding in the evening! I was starving ........ :s
    DH was told to time the veg because he offered to help. He was so busy chatting and drinking he completely forgot. I knew he had forgotten, but I was so angry with him I didn't remind him.
    Oh the joy! :p
    When I do Christmas Dinner I have all the roast veg prepped and blanched and frozen in November! Everything is prepped. It's all run to military precision. I want people to think it appeared as if by magic! :D

DON'T LET THE PERFECT BE THE ENEMY OF THE GOOD.

Yes, Heather .

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx who got too close to a scaffolder this morning trying to get her back gate open so they could take down next door's scaffolding. Hope he doesn't have covid. :* In the end another hunky scaffolder had to climb up and kick the top of the gate.
  • WThyme
    WThyme Posts: 78 Member
    edited December 2020
    The circumstances of Gloria's untimely death are certainly a reminder to live each day to the fullest without regret. <3
    Thyme in Georgia
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Heather
    Love the pic of Max and your son and the photographs of the grands.

Carol in GA
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,752 Member
    Machka got me curious so searched myself!

k8rmdg3iq1yu.jpeg