The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• BraydanTaffy
    BraydanTaffy Posts: 504 Member
    cgrout78 wrote: »
    good luck Braydan!!!!

TY CG...

Unfortunately, got stood up. Happens regularly. I don't get it. A simple text/email saying, "thx but we'll explore other candidates" is all that's required & appreciated after hours of research/preparation & a nervously-sleepless night.

Oh, well... it wasn't meant for me. Good luck to the person they hire.
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,193 Member
    kjjtsj4ms5sg.jpg
    Thus seems appropriate.
  • cgrout78 wrote: »
    good luck Braydan!!!!

TY CG...

Unfortunately, got stood up. Happens regularly. I don't get it. A simple text/email saying, "thx but we'll explore other candidates" is all that's required & appreciated after hours of research/preparation & a nervously-sleepless night.

You'll get something soon. Gotta have faith :smile:
  • LunaTheFatCat
    LunaTheFatCat Posts: 237 Member
    @BraydanTaffy that's just so rude! Hopefully something else will come your way soon.
  • cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,679 Member
    oh that sucks @BraydanTaffy around here I've been hearing more about candidates standing up the interviewers. It's becoming quite an issue.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    cgrout78 wrote: »
    good luck Braydan!!!!

TY CG...

Im sorry 😔 hopefully a better opportunity will present itself soon.
  • mshawski
    mshawski Posts: 1,050 Member
    @BraydanTaffy - I’m sorry that happened! Fingers crossed you find something soon! 🤞🏻
  • LunaTheFatCat
    LunaTheFatCat Posts: 237 Member
    Hope you're wearing gloves too @NorthStar77 - I'm avoiding public transport as much as I can.

Mind you, I went to the gym last night for the first time in months, they've just reopened and to be totally honest, I'm not sure how safe it is either. I ended up setting up in the studio (classes are still off) and had a spinning bike, weights, barbell, kettlebells and a step and did a full workout that way. And I only needed to clean the lot at the very end. As opposed to moving between machines with other gym goers and constantly cleaning in between.

Happy Friday all! It was -2 this morning (celsius, sorry I can't do fahrenheit), so there was frost on my windscreen this morning brrr
  • lisachmitchell
    lisachmitchell Posts: 28 Member
    Good for you for getting out to the gym!! And in the cold!!
  • cgrout78
    Happy Fri-yay beauties!!! Hope you have a great day
  • lisachmitchell
    That’s exciting!
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 972 Member
    I used London public transport for the first time since lock-down yesterday as well. I elected to walk rather than get the Tube, so I ended up on 25,000 steps. (I got lost).

I was going to hospital for a Covid test. I have an operation on Tuesday, closing a hole in my heart to make scuba diving less risky. The hospital wanted to make sure I was Covid negative beforehand.
  • lisachmitchell
    Good luck!!
  • BraydanTaffy
    BraydanTaffy Posts: 504 Member
    sktsev454v49.jpeg

First time on London public transport since lockdown...eerily quiet at 6am!

#MorningByTheWay 🙂

Eerie is the word for an underground tunnel, quiet. I've only seen empty subways when there were bomb scares in Boston. It felt uncomfortable, but I had to go to work.

I've been away from cities with subways for a few years now... was just wondering yesterday what NYC, Chicago & Boston's are like since Covid.

Have a good weekend.
  • cgrout78
    42 with a 3 year old.
    Decided a lifestyle change was necessary if I was going to see him graduate high school.
    Middle of Aug I made a decision to alter my diet and get moving again. The week of Halloween I joined a gym and started using this app.

By thanksgiving I lost 45 lbs. since went down another 5 but fluctuate between the 45-50 lbs.
    today I squatted my body weight 6x and managed to DL my bw once.

Not a bad day

That's a fantastic day!!! great work!!!
  • StephanieStC
    StephanieStC Posts: 59 Member
    mshawski wrote: »
    Happy Wednesday all!

I hit the 45lb mark today, and am officially now just "overweight" and not "obese". While happy I’m also like “but wait - I’m only half way, ugh”. I'm running out of steam. Lol. I need to figure out a small prize to encourage myself with to hit that 50lb mark by the end of the year. I got myself a ring for my 50% of the way there victory at 42lbs. It’s a lovely blue ring. I’m a little obsessed. Maybe my love of rings is talking here, but I’m thinking the 50lb mark deserves celebrating too!

Anyone working towards fun prizes for various milestones?

That's fantastic! Don't lose steam! Re-commit yourself! You've come so far!

Here's something to do:
    Even if you already have a list of reasons why you want to lose weight, make a new list. Pick your Top 3 or Top 10. Then post it on your bathroom mirror or above your kitchen sink. Somewhere where you can see it every day.

And... for 50lbs - that DEFINITELY deserves acknowledgement and a celebration. Maybe a mani/pedi? Or a massage? Even one of those mini back massages at the mall (if you don't want to spend a lot of money).

Or mark the event with a 5k walk (with a friend or your favorite podcast to accompany you).

Best wishes!
    Feel free to add me as a friend.