What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• alexmose
    alexmose Posts: 792 Member
    Yesterday I did...NOTHING! I got my PMI CAPM cert (proj mgmt) and indulged in delicious skin-on chicken thights and a quest pb cup. yum.
  • smiley4198
    smiley4198 Posts: 2 Member
    Wow you are all killing it! I did a 30 minute kickboxing class today, yesterday, and Tuesday!
  • briscogun
    briscogun Posts: 1,135 Member
    Trying to get back into the grove. A little bit injured and a little bit lazy lately. You are all making me look bad BTW... ;)

Treadmill warm-up
    3 rounds of circuit training
    Treadmill cool-down
  • Zenaryaa
    Zenaryaa Posts: 16 Member
    Excellent template today, burned just under 700 calories in an hour!

Treadmill:
    30 sec push (7mph)
    90 sec base (6mph)
    45 sec push
    90 sec base
    60 sec push
    90 sec base
    75 sec push
    90 sec base
    90 sec push
    90 sec base
    30 sec push
    1 min all out (8mph)

Rower:
    400m row
    15 x froggers
    repeat, taking 100m off row until you reach 100m
    100m row
    15 x squat jack
    repeat, adding 100m onto row until you reach 400m
    Bonus:
    100m row
    15 x froggers
    15 x squat jack

Weights:
    15 x sumo squat (50lbs)
    8 x low bench reverse lunge (each leg)
    6 x lateral lunge to reverse lunge (each leg)
    15 x hip hinge swing
    15 x hip bridge fly
  • JDMac82
    JDMac82 Posts: 3,192 Member
    Hour Weighted Hill Climb programne874lanhpa8.jpg
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited December 2020
    Did 40 minutes on the rower today. It was like 60 with high winds and you would think I was dressed for the South Pole. I had on thermals, top and bottom, and gloves on as well. And I sat in the full sun and still froze my rear end off. Now, the winds were like 25 MPH, but still yet, you do get used to AZ heat after a while.

Ended up with around 15 on the Assault Bike to warm up inside. Will take an hour walk with the lovely wife later this evening as well. Still also have to do my back rehab exercises, but that only takes around 10 minutes or so.
  • mytyglotz
    mytyglotz Posts: 1,804 Member
    Thursday movement:
    Morning with Team Body Project and "Get Moving 2"
    then early afternoon "break time" breaking a sweat with a repeat of Real Start "Beats". :)
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,966 Member
    I don't even have to tell you, it's so audience-boring, but hey, reporting is part of my current accountability reinforcement. . . .

8842m, this time.

Still working on posture & appropriate layback/swing. I remembered a cue one of my coaches - a NCAA Div 1 conference assistant coach of the year, multi-time Div 3 conference & region coach of the year, so no slouch (pun intended) - used for this: Imagine you're wearing a high-cut bathing suit (guys maybe could imagine Speedo? 😉); don't let skin touch the seat. (Point is to sit up on the pelvic bones.) I like it.

Glad to hear you're back at it, @Alexmose . . . but don't let yourself do too much, too soon, and impair recovery - advice from an old person, earned through screwing it up. 😉
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    * 3 mile run
    * 3 one-minute forearm planks
    * 25 dumbbell arm curls 5 pounds
  • JDMac82
    20 min's elliptical
    15 KBell Swing
    15 Dbell Squat Press
    15 Dbell Snatch
    40 Straight Leg Raises / Knee Tucks

12)9/6
    Mil Press
    KBell Stiff Deadlift
    Front Raises
    Calf Raises 3 x 20
    Rear Delts
    Kickbacks
    Lateral Raises
    Waiter Curls
    Dbell Rev Sweep Fly
    Flys

Senile Abs (60 reps)
    Situps/Flutter Kicks/Crunches/Mtn Climbers/Hanging Leg Tucks/ Hip Lifts/Rower/Heel Taps
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited December 2020
    Wanted to push a bit on the rower (today was AT work -- to improve the point at which you go from aerobic to anaerobic). Couldn't decide what I wanted to do and didn't know how strong I felt. Added in the long walks this week and was feeling a bit beat up. Ended up doing a "waterfall" workout where you start with a longer distance and move to a lesser distance. Did 3K, then 1K then 813m (the distance of this month's virtual competition). Just took enough break to feel rested (around 2 or 3 minutes between). 2:14/2:09/2:03 were the paces. Pretty slow but felt painful, so that was the purpose. Didn't quite reach 90% max HR, so might have had more in me.

Did a 15 minute C/D on the Assault Bike. Working on getting through my bodyweight sets the rest of the day (pushups/weighted squats and deadlifts/pressups).
  • BeachBody programs
    21 day fix extreme real time - Day 21 Cardio - 30 min light weighted cardio.
    3 week yoga retreat - week 1 day 5 - 20 minute flow on the go
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    Only one out running at 9 tonight but happy to have gotten it in. Also I did 3 one-minute forearm planks and 50 five pound dumbbell arm curls.
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,537 Member
    Stronglifts routine... Squats, bench, back row and some accessories.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,966 Member
    C2, 8863m, <70% HR reserve. Focus on spending legs first, swing from hip joint with solid core (still using the "bathing suit" cue, too), getting full upper body length immediately out of the finish.

I feel like the bathing suit/hip joint focus is having back-sparing benefits, which implies to me that I've been sloppy about higher spine flexion.

Really didn't want to do it today. Put it off until late. 🙄
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,862 Member
    Weather was atrocious so pain cave it is.

6yqelbknc218.png
  • JDMac82
    100 Fwd Jump Rope
    1K Row
    Stair Circuit (every/other/left/right/hop)
    Down and Back (50 meters each of way)
    High Knees
    Butt Kickers
    Laterals
    50# Dbell Carry
    Build up Sprints
    Tire Flip
    Jog
    Tire Drag
    Jog
    100 Fwd Jump Rope
    50# Dbell Carry
    Stair Circuit
    Tire Flip
    Jog
    Tire Drag
    Jog
    10 Burpees
    15 min's elliptical
  • alexmose
    alexmose Posts: 792 Member
    MAPS Anabolic Day 1 Phase 1! Back to doing some real programming, although I'll have to say goodbye to loading the spine for a while. Not even front squats. Luckily, I truly think bulgarian split squats are just as effective.
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 980 Member
    edited December 2020
    I need to self isolate for a bit. I had a Covid test on Thursday in preparation for an operation this Tuesday. I need to isolate until the operation.

I climbed for an hour in my garden. It was very good - I was in form. I got a heel hook on a tiny hold, going from a small crimp. It's a move I have tried many times before, and the first time it has worked.

I warmed down with finger curls.

It was nice and sunny, but only around 5 centigrade.