WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2020

Replies

• sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 942 Member
    I have lost 25 lbs since i have locked up here just had lunch of salad and soup..will walk a bit and then back for a nap

That's a lot in a short time. I hope you are not having side effects. Perhaps you can treat yourself to a cookie. :smiley: Take care of yourself.

Tina
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    🤍🤎💚❤️🧡🖤💜💙
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,315 Member
    B)
  • charsuzy
    charsuzy Posts: 234 Member
    <3
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    RVRita: Look up fodmap on line. This is something developed “down under” for people who can’t tolerate wheat. DH was having nasty eating problems and it has been fabulous for him. We printed it all & put it in a binder. He eats gluten free and it has been a tremendous improvement. There is explanation AND excellent recipes.

Katla
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,427 Member
    I put the article under his photo, :-)
  • charsuzy
    charsuzy Posts: 234 Member
    Katla49 wrote: »
    I hope that I’m back. Microsoft has been “updating” my computer. I am irritated. If they want to do this, why in the middle of the day? :ohwell:

Hi Katla, can you contact them and ask that they do their updates at a different time? I had to change the time that my computer updated and called Comcast where I actually could go into my account and change the time they updated my computer since it's so annoying.

charsuzy
    Washington state USA
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,799 Member
    edited December 2020
    Windows Updates
    Go to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update ... and make changes to the time you prefer updates there.

Christmas Lights
    I have coloured ones on the tree, in the windows, and on some trees outside. I have plain ones in the patio ... the ceiling is a mass of white twinkle lights ... and on my two wreaths.

Christmas Cards
    I gave up doing them several years ago. If I do any, it will be one card to my parents and one card to my husband.

I talk to the people I care about and am interested in throughout the year. :)

Cookie Exchanges
    Not a thing here or anywhere I've lived in Canada. I hadn't actually heard of them until I started posting here! Aside from shortbread, cookies aren't a Christmas thing.
    SuziQ113 wrote: »
    Canned Cranberry Sauce – At one time it was a delicacy. Then I started making many things from scratch and found I prefer making cranberry sauce from scratch. I love being able to control the sugar and adding different fruits and spices so I can adjust it to the meal/sides/stuffing.

Hugs to all and prayers for those in need.
    SuziQ – SFL

I don't know if I've seen canned cranberry sauce. I'm pretty sure my grandmother used to make it when we had Christmas dinner with her. Otherwise we didn't have it.
    It comes in a jar here.

I also eat dried cranberries with breakfast cereal sometimes.

Starting to put up our tree. I am taking the branches outside and letting them air out before I put it together. The tree is over twenty years old and part of it is stored in a cardboard box. I just learned this year. Cardboard can harbor mold so I figured an airing in sunshine would be good for the tree. I can do it this year too because we do not have snow that is sticking yet.

Christmas decorations in general harbour dust mites. I'm allergic to dust mites and have to double up on the allergy medication when the Christmas decorations emerge from storage all over the town.

So, when we have pulled out the Christmas decorations in the past, I've sprayed them down with Eucalypt spray in some attempt to kill off or at least slow down and confuse the dust mites. This year we did something different. :)

Machka in Oz

xveckoj9pudo.png
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,324 Member
    Good morning all:

Have no idea why I woke up so early today, but I did.

Foster party went well yesterday, but I ended up getting very cold! First hour or so wasn’t bad at all, but then the clouds moved in, wind picked up and it changed. Took me forever to warm up when I got home. Even though I didn’t sleep when I got home, I spent some time on the couch under a blanket so maybe that rest time disrupted sleep. Anyway-it was worth it attending the event. The staff did a terrific job and it was nice to see the families get gifts. They usually have craft making stations for the kids/families to make small decorations. This year each family was given a gingerbread house set to make and given the candy, icing, etc.

Michelle NC-sorry to hear about crochet hook-it being your grandmother’s makes it very special. I have found lost items in the bottom of couches.

Dr. Katie-I missed exactly what hand surgery you had, but I have had two and dealt with the same sort of bandage. They removed cysts that were giving me trigger finger-one was for middle finger, the other for ring finger-both on right hand. It is awkward for several days but I found it worth it.

Lisa-glad your meds seem regulated. Good luck with the last dose of antibiotics. Any of them can make a person feel bad on the way to getting better. The regime they have you on would seem to compound all of that, but it does seem like it is working!

Allie-hope they get everything in control. It is sounding like it is a very good thing you went to ER when you did. Don’t push yourself. The 25 pounds off should help your heart issues. I hope they get the afib straightened out soon. I wonder if the nurse could “see it coming” this morning by watching your monitors?

Well, since I am up will stop by store (Meijer) early this am to pick up a couple of things and then go to curbside pickup at Kohls (they are basically next door to each other). Don’t need much at store but may see if meijer has a small roast for me to make on Christmas and a couple of other things they carry that Kroger doesn’t (I swear stores plan that out!). Then home for church on line and a walk before football games start at 1.

Enjoy Sunday,

Ginny in Ohio